Author Topic: Rot and Decay..  (Read 995 times)

PiousHeretic

• Undead Slayer
  • "He that is jealous is not in love."
Rot and Decay..
« on: November 04, 2009, 06:17:52 PM »
The most simple of questions, and I cannot even answer it: who am I? I used to know, but I'm not so sure now. Some nights I remember, others are hazy, these memories... hidden from me by this new, darker side of me. It is a voice, perhaps several voices all layered into one buried into my troubled, fragile psyche.

It calls itself the Rat Prince, and it calls itself everything I want to be, yet can neither hope nor aspire to be without his help. I do not know how much of him comes from the Beast within me and how much is a reflection of my unconscious wants and desires...

This voice, this Rat Prince, is becoming harder and harder to ignore, particularly in the hours of twilight. His desires are becoming my own -I want the power he covets, I want to slake his lusts, I want to quell my oft growling stomach. Yes, meat... I need meat. Not the bread these Barovian troglodytes are feeding me in my cell...

As Old Night falls upon the grey city, and I sit here, bathed in my own blood, awaiting what would be my doom... it shall not be, for the Rat Prince shall ensure that I am not merely weak ol' Effelin.

I shall cease to be merely a halfling and will become, in time, a thing of magnificence - something even the bravest of men shall fear for its guile and cunning. In a world filled with wretches, ruled by tooth, fang, and claw, I shall be like a god!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:54:43 AM by PiousHeretic »

PiousHeretic

• Undead Slayer
  • "He that is jealous is not in love."
Re: Drowning...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 03:54:00 AM »
"And Something's odd - within -
That person that I was -
And this One - do not feel the same -
Could it be Madness - this?"

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

I am finally free, thanks to the help of one woman in particular (to whom I am forever indebted)! No longer shall I have to deal with that WEAK one serving as baggage, acting contrarian to schemes, machinations and designs... I will not cause alarm amongst his friends, though! That is where I erred! They shall notice nothing wrong with him, and I shall pick up his life where he left it off at.

I have fixed my appearance to where I appear more regal, in spite of being made deprived of light. I managed to compose a tonic by which I was able to grow hair back. I now carry around a sceptre, a symbol of my office!

I am worried about how the general populace will respond to the situation regarding Marshall Law; three peasants have died and yet the only responses I've gotten are those guided by hubris. I'll show them. I'll show them all! When the streets are being flooded by their own blood and that of their fellow countrymen, they will beg me for mercy.. beg me for their lives, and I shall show them the same courtesy they showed Effelin, may he rest in peace...

I await the word of the Queen.