Author Topic: A lengthy note posted on a western wall  (Read 967 times)

NightMood

• New to the Mists
A lengthy note posted on a western wall
« on: November 03, 2009, 02:38:26 AM »
A handwritten note posted to the western wall of a government building in Vallaki is scribed on parchment in a male hand:

To you who would haul heavy sacks of ore from the darkest depths of the mines, I praise you, for I know your toil.

To you who would risk life and limb to fight your way past untold perils to reach the veins of iron, coal and richer metals that are the stuff of our craft, I salute you, for I have bled with you.

To you who would lighten your burden of tools, leathers and prior fruits of your labor at the forge to which you will return so as to risk not so many long and arduous ventures into the unforgiving depths, I bow my head to you in greeting, for I am your brother.

And to you who would happen upon the wares of another, make use of hides you have neither hunted nor tanned and of metals you have not risked life to obtain, toiled to carry or sweated to forge, and make off with all of value shaped by another’s hand and hammer, I bid you find the courage within yourself to return what you have taken or to make just amends … and if you find yourself unable, I wish you restful sleep with each coming of the Old Night, for if I were you, I would find no such comfort or peace.

Nicolai Dreden

NightMood

• New to the Mists
Re: A lengthy note posted on a western wall
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »
The previous note, now faded and smeared by days and nights of winter weather, is covered by a newer note in the same hand:

All that was taken has been returned.  To the one sought me out to do so, many thanks.  I am deeply in your debt.

N.D.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:29:43 PM by NightMood »