Author Topic: Lime Green Flickering Screen  (Read 2609 times)

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
Lime Green Flickering Screen
« on: November 02, 2009, 08:50:38 PM »

In the process of opening an attachment at work today, something messed up my laptop's screen. It still works well enough to do things such as post this, but at the moment I am writing against a lime-green flickering field within the text box's borders.

I logged into potm to see how it would look, and I get the green sort of bleeding around the center of the screen; so I don't expect to be in game so long as this problem persists.

It doesn't appear to be a virus, since the attached file was checked already, and I ran a virus scan after the problem occured and everything checks out. Something maybe with the program I was trying to open the attachment with triggered the greenness.

I've not much else to do at the moment but wait and see if it corrects itself, unless if this problem sounds familiar to anyone and they can suggest a fix.

LawfulJoe

• "Evil is a thing of perception, it depends on which end of the sword you're on"
  • Dark Power
  • aka AwfulJoe
    • Joe Kellerman - Graphic Artist
Re: Lime Green Flickering Screen
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:20:53 PM »
You could try reloading the Video Card Drivers or see if you can reset it to defaults. If you have green... does your screen seem to be lacking Red or Blue? You might need to replace your screen, which would suck as that is the most expensive part on the Laptop. Anyway, try the first, then, check on the second, past that, I would guess a replacement of the Video card.

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »

When I read your post above, I read the words against the normal red background. When I go to post though, I'm in a lime-green flickering text box.

So there are reds, sometime.

I've never messed around with loading video cards, so if it doesn't correct itself I'll look into that suggestion.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:59:59 AM »
Has a magenet got near your screen recently?

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:49:28 PM »

Has a magenet got near your screen recently?

Nopers.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 02:19:37 AM »
It do sound like its breaking downsadly :(

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 07:56:49 AM »
Well you could be suffering from chip creep is it in all the way?

Nalain

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 08:22:15 AM »
Can you try connecting the laptop to external monitor to see if the image behaves the same manner?

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 04:21:17 PM »

Can you try connecting the laptop to external monitor to see if the image behaves the same manner?

I often use my laptop alongside a Benq projector when showing documentaries in the classroom. The image that is projected looks perfectly fine, while the image on my laptop screen continues having the lime-greenness effect.

Moridan_X

• New to the Mists
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 11:12:21 PM »
what model vid card do you got? u runnin' vista 64b sp2 too?

its not a virus/spyware/watver, its ur vid card. nwn is an old game and isn't naturally compatible with os vista. its got lots o'problems. know what i meen?

ur box is prolly fine. my friend had the same problem as u.

o, ur screen is prolly fine too.
Maze'ukt Rhiakshaz

Witches of Sin