Author Topic: Challenges for spellcasters  (Read 34054 times)

Emomina

• Dark Power
Re: Challenges for spellcasters
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »
The fact is, and Rex would know it better than anyone, that the whole ruleset is balanced for a party of four with all 4 components of PCs present in some form.  Its never been balanced for soloing, and its why soloing is really hard.

Give me a party of a Fighter, Cleric, Rogue and Wizard/Sorceror  and they will obliterate any dungeon of their CR.
My fighter, rogue, and barbarian excel in their role when PCs of other classes are present and doing their strength, and letting me do mine.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2009, 01:17:50 PM »
I myself, personal do not mind spell components as long as it is not a chore, ie some common things should be available for sale in the towns. Why? because for the most part they are minor items that have little use outside of alchemy and herbal use, and there is a herbal store outside of vallaki's gate If i am not mistaken.

The idea of casters requiring a focus of some sort would be a good thing, for instance clerics/paladins could have a holy symbol, druids and rangers could have some kind of nature item, Bards have an insturment, wizards some magic item. Though I am not sure about sorcerers.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2009, 02:13:59 PM »
The fact is, and Rex would know it better than anyone, that the whole ruleset is balanced for a party of four with all 4 components of PCs present in some form.  Its never been balanced for soloing, and its why soloing is really hard.

Give me a party of a Fighter, Cleric, Rogue and Wizard/Sorceror  and they will obliterate any dungeon of their CR.
My fighter, rogue, and barbarian excel in their role when PCs of other classes are present and doing their strength, and letting me do mine.

Heh,  the classic Adventurer Diamond Fomation!

Yeah the few times Otto got to go out with a caster, the destruction was epic of the level of a TOHO studious film.  That was with a party minded caster though.  Problem is, to many people think, that being IN a party, makes them a party minded Caster.  "Wait there Mr. Fighter!"  *Buffs up to hell and gone, has a Protection from evil and a magic weapon spell left over, gives it to the fighter*  "Now, remember if I have to run your job is to die horribly in 3 rounds and we'll Rez you later after I rest and get my spells back.".....

Should set up a Login Ratio check really.  Player base logged in / 4 .  When percentage of a particular class type (Fighter Type, Cleric/Druid Type, Mage/Sorcerer Type, Bard/Rogue type).  Said extras can't log in with that class.

~Rex...fear the Power of the Diamond Formation, for it's Dungeon Demolishing Power is Formidable, and it's RP generating ability, more so.  Epics require groups.
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2009, 03:03:17 PM »
Yeah the few times Otto got to go out with a caster, the destruction was epic of the level of a TOHO studious film.  That was with a party minded caster though.  Problem is, to many people think, that being IN a party, makes them a party minded Caster.  "Wait there Mr. Fighter!"  *Buffs up to hell and gone, has a Protection from evil and a magic weapon spell left over, gives it to the fighter*  "Now, remember if I have to run your job is to die horribly in 3 rounds and we'll Rez you later after I rest and get my spells back.".....
Should set up a Login Ratio check really.  Player base logged in / 4 .  When percentage of a particular class type (Fighter Type, Cleric/Druid Type, Mage/Sorcerer Type, Bard/Rogue type).  Said extras can't log in with that class.

-1. Shouldn't change the server because you feel your mage companions aren't assisting you enough. How about dealing with that IC instead. Secondly, trying to regulate what people want to play is going to be a failure.

Spells are quite a bit different in PnP than they are in NWN, so I don't think it's a fair comparison.  In PnP a DM would be able to cater to each individual mage and let them conveniently find components, and it's not going to be like that in a PW - it's going to be a chore.  Also, there are a lot more spells to choose from in PnP.
The notion that casters are soloing entire dungeons is also false.  It might be true with a 9th level caster and shapeshift, but it isn't true otherwise.  I'm extremely good at manipulating the game and managing my spells, and I have a damn hard time doing an entire dungeon without having a party with me.  If I do manage to do it, it takes hours due to long rest intervals.
When a caster claims to have soloed a dungeon, they really mean one or both of these:
  • They've managed to ninja loot the place.
  • They ran to the end and spammed every spell on the boss and looted the corpse.
There may be a few who are stronger and can make it through more dungeon space, but those are likely the multiclassers who have supplemented their casting class with fighter levels.  And in my opinion, those builds suck at the end of the game, so it's their loss.

+1. I'd have to agree here. Speaking from experience of playing a wizard, soloing anything of my level is usually more risk than it's worth and very challenging. I don't mind it, I prefer to have companions on the trip anyway.

Again, In my opinion, spell components will end up being a pain to acquire with my limited time online and to keep with my 10 strength. It would add challenge but it wouldn't add fun, for me. I would probably only consider components for level 9 spells, and not the type where I have to journey and go through a dungeon for a couple of hours to get some.

Grieyls

• Undead Master
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »
Ditto, having played a straight wizard on this server since day one I can attest that any soloing, even for a high level wizard is pure suicide. My main never ventures into dingeons alone cause you'd be surprised how quickly he goes through his entire repertoire of spells in just the first few rooms. After that, he gotta wait several hours before he can learn them again, and if there are still enemies close by, well.. darn it's difficult.

Personally I feel the server is challenging enough, no need to make it more so.

Lockleed

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »
  Uhm.  This isn't exactly in line with the current flow of this topic, but in terms of challenges for spellcasters, I do have a few ideas.  I've got two hefty spellcaster PCs left in my surviving retinue of characters, and I think I could give a few ideas...

One almost universally unused aspect for spellcasters is counterspelling.  I have VERY rarely seen a PC caster in NWNs devote themselves to countering magic.  The system has flaws, mainly.  The caster can only attempt to counter a single target, focusing everything on it.  Thats always made it a little haphazard, especially in dungeons where there are just too many foes to focus on counterspelling.  Also, frankly, its a little inglorious that your characters grand achievement during a battle was waving your arms each time your opposing spellcaster did.  But it would be awfully impressive if the AI on spellcaster NPCs / monsters was altered a bit, so they did focus on counterspelling enemy mages, sometimes.  It would certainly start making me worry if the AI started reacting by counterspelling (not dispelling), and definitely provide a new challenge to think through.  Thoughtful AI for monstrous and NPC casters can do a lot, too.

Summoning.  Duration on summoning is so awful here that its made most conjuration / summoning spells useless, and PotMs addition of so many feats to monsters and PCs has made those basic summons all woefully underpar.  Unless you have graduated into a 15+ PC caster.  I'd love to see any variation on the system off the current.  Alternative summons, such as lower level elementals, quasits, imps, celestial beings, etc. in place of the basic furry animals that solely attack would be nice.  One server I played allowed a wide assortment of alternative summons, if you possessed the right key item for the appropriate spell (tomes of infernal conjuration, bowls of water elemental summoning, old school items like that).  Thats just a thought.  What Ferro mentioned on Necromancers was a good one also... you don't see any necromancers in PotM calling up a zombie horde, or even doing the base necromantic summoning often, mostly because the creatures and duration is lacking.  The death domains summon, the negative plane avatar, for instance, is a bloody joke.

Something else I saw in one game (not NWNs, nor D&D based) that made for an interesting challenge, was puzzles solved through application of various spells.  Example, a barrier of ice that could only be weakened / removed through the application of any type of fire spell / effect.  Admittedly, things of that nature often end up turning into little more than a "magical lockbox," where once you know the combination of spells needed are no longer remotely challenging.  But randomization, and some creativity could do a lot for that.  Again, just an idea.  I'm fond of more puzzles / riddles being involved in adventuring and dungeoning.

One thing that ties into the spell components posts brought up.  Focus items are often required for clerics and wizards.  A cleric, more often than not, requires the presented holy symbol of his deity for many spells, and turn attempts.  And a wizard flat out requires his spellbook to regain his spells.  I do roleplay that my dwarven wizard carries a spellbook, which I drag out from time to time and emote "flips pages frantically and schemes deviously, studying spells."  But its only a copy of Van Richtens.  A system that enforced having a book out on rest, in order to regain spells, would be nice.  Also devastate a wizard if he lost his spellbook... exactly as it should.

Also everything in Heretic's post, back toward the beginning, I really liked the sound of.  Any spellcaster should do more than just go out and use their magic to crush foes.  Enchanting, research, documentation, communion, desecration, consecration... all those kinds of things should really play a role in a spellcaster PC.  A lot of that comes down to the individual, though, not the system.  Can't script for everything.

Anyway, food for thought.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2009, 06:36:37 PM »
First of all, thank you all for taking your time to give this considerations. I haven't had time to read through it all yet, but I've already read quite a few considerations I find particular interesting.

I should clarify that when I used the word restrictions, it was strictly in the terms of restricting from act as they currently do. Implementing foes that are more capable to meet their vulnerabilities isn't, in my mind, a restriction, but what I would call a challenge. Equally important though is the consideration that it should not break the intuitive feel of the roleplay or gameplay.

Very specific suggestions are also welcomed - like, "how about throwing a mud golem in to that mongrelmen cave?" etc.

Keep posting :)

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2009, 12:04:39 AM »
I think the dungeons around the server are rather well balanced to the setting with that said...i get to the topic.

There are a few spells many of our casters favor as they are truly powerfull, specially in some combinations with other spells.

Stoneskin/greater stoneskin.
Acid sheath.
shadowshield.
timestop.
blackblade of disaster.

I just mention a few here that in my opinion could be nerfed to better suit the setting of the server.( i not think i need to tell how powerfull this spells truly are)

None casters can not solo many places here on the server so that i say is good, but casters can solo most places really( Of course this be them casters that have a rather high level that is able to cast some of them more nasty spells). Nerfing a few spells could maybe aid to the challenge. Maybe also make a few spells not stack together as they are doing now..

When i first started to play here one of the biggest challenges to play a caster class was to hide what he really was, specially for guards and locals to not risk a lynch mod to come after him, this seems to not be the case anymore which i find a bit sad cause in my opinion a smart caster in Barovia should indeed hide what he really is.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:20:38 AM by Metal_ash »

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2009, 02:25:04 AM »
Clerics took a bite with Divine Power's being wittled down.  I think that that the current cleric set up is acceptable.  You cannot expect a fighter to be on the same level on as a warrior who is backed by a gods magic, even if the cleric is 1 attack down.

The nerf spree like this happened on another server I frequented, and all it made was a majority of the playerbase very angry. Same with material components. They just turned out to be an expensive annoyance, but didnt hinder them or make it at all interesting.

The only major backers, I find,  are people that have lost against either of these two classes in combat. You can not expect to beat a prepared cleric or mage.  
The trick is.. dont let them prepare, and stop having so much pride in digital characters.  Losing adds a somewhat more grim feeling and accents the "Oh my god, magic is the evilz, lulz" factor that Barovia has.

The largest drawback to playing a caster is that you are outcasted from society, and generally beaned over the head by Radu when you head towards the largest RP center in the server. I think that's a hell of a draw back all on it's own, and if a character is going on rampant murdering sprees, aka harassment, report them.

Im not sure if this really fit at all into the post, but  I did feel like it needed to be said.

Casters are supposed to be strong, and should continue to be so.  

Even the strongest caster cant take three backstabbing death attacks to the bum.

Get creative people, instead of being nerf-happy!!

-Wintermoon. :)

[Oh, about the creative restriction..   Maybe a cool-down timer on certain high level spells?  Like timestop, wail of the banshee, etc. ]

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 02:29:25 AM by Kendera »
Delete Me.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2009, 08:26:06 AM »
If a caster goes on a killing spree or the like you leave... intelligent thing to do in response to your mummy killing the whole drain. Also I will give the thumbs up to the cool down as well. Also no wizard is outcasted unless your a necromancer. And even in most cases the necromancer wont care and kill everyone...
Also Clerics are not the most powerfull class wizards are we are still quite powerfull but not the strongest. We cannot do many spells becuse it would be ooc wizards on the off hand change into balors and summon them all the time.

Grieyls

• Undead Master
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2009, 08:48:36 AM »
I'm all for those suggestins that would utilise a casters abilities to solve a problem and or situation. They are good and worth the challenge for the class, and that's what this thread is about isn't it? How to challenge the caster not penalise it. Micro managing components seems more a frustration than a challenge and I personally would loath such a thing was implemented in any form.

I quite like the idea of solving puzzles, such as locks or barred doorways that would need specific skills that a caster would posses in order to bypass. This could be used for almost anything actually besides doorways and such. Things that would need high Int checks, spellcraft checks, use magic item checks and lore checks all successfully passed.

I also like the idea of study area's, or what ever phrase was coined, that would advance the casters level faster if he/she partook of it.

More over we have to be careful what we implement here. Cause what one player would love another would not. As such I would only add the idea's that would be available if one actually persued it. I do not like idea's that would be forced on everybody.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2009, 12:01:10 PM »
Not sure if I worded it exactly, but I hope that we can avoid turning it in to a too much nerfing has ruined POTM forever thing too. First of all, whether it has is not the topic, and second, because the intend of this is not to try to devise new nerfs.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »
Think Casters should be encouraged out of the dungeons with other activities as source of progression other than defeating dungeon mobs. A spellcaster (wizard) should be able to gain progress by studying, by writing a treatise, enchanting weapons and so on and even by being part of a circle of knowledge (The erudites, for example)

Spell components are probably the best sink there is to have casters being less trivial and calculate more what they cast; specially the high end level spells which should be the most demanding in terms of components, the low end should be trivial and easy to accommodate the new player to the server. Similarly, this idea can be tied to the death system in having clerics' raise dead/resurrection be less trivial when saving someone, needing components to do so. This would certainly add to the "Witch" RP in my humble opinion, Hala witches clerics would get a nice niche of RP right there.

Components also give a dungeon a depth and a valid Roleplaying reason of repeating the dungeoning cycle; giving the PC a reason to return, because he needs a certain "X" component other than what's inside the chests of the mobs.

Gatherers would become even more of a profession in demand, miners could sink rare gems from their mining in the PC market, finding a rare component here and there when they extract the minerals from the rock. Gem deposits can be placed as well, their location based on challenge; Bluetspur would become a domain where rich gems will be found, ideal for a spellcaster (After all, why would sane men go to Bluetspur other than to be mind-raped), the depths of the mines in Dvervenheim likewise, and Hazlan. This would give wizards reason to travel and harness knowledge, power and associate themselves with gatherers to further their studies. Likewise, gatherers, fighters and rogue classes would be naturally drawn toward casters; as casters will be able to enchant their weapons, cast spell on them to help them reap rewards from dungeons and not only that, but scribe their scrolls (those handy Protections vs evil, that handy cameo/one with the land, stone skin, those see invis), enchant their jewels, and so on.

Edit: If I could, I'd even try to find a way to sink all the useless trinkets found all over the module to some merchant NPC that takes them in exchange of moderately mundane components. Perhaps CNR items like copper weapons which PC's learn from  and toss to the trash after they are done, or else; perhaps taking these trinkets by weight and offering a value of "X" item in return.  Find a creative way to recycle these items into something else; a barovian recycling used ore into making tools, caseroles and stuff like that. Smilarly, these useless trinkets could also be sold at the Bazaar in Dementlieu.

Along with that:

:arrow: Scribing scrolls

:arrow: Enchanting

:arrow: Jewelry & Engineering (gem crushing & herbalism used for spell components as well)

:arrow: Alternate methods of progression more so than other classes: given how much a casters' progression is tied with learning and knowledge more than physical prowess, perhaps alternate methods should be tied with their level. A wizard spending more time in a library, or in a knowledge center; should be able to gain RP XP at an accelerated rate if in presence of another character. Perhaps increase the multiplier for XP gain in certain areas that aren't dungeons.

:arrow: Unique trade skill based on the caster type: Wizards enchanting, Alchemy. Offer unique possibilities that are tied with progression and strong abilities. Tie wizards' progression, for example, with enchanting his first high end weapon as a breakthrough, or scribing his first circle 8 scroll.

Just Bumping what Heretic said as I like what he said.

I also think that focuses, like say a music insturment for bards or a holy item for clerics could be a neat idea.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2009, 12:07:22 PM »
If I had a dollar......heh......

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2009, 12:47:19 PM »
I haven't read everything, so if this has been mentioned previously, forgive me.

For all casters, making the only way possible to regain their spells by: (or sleeping in a inn room)

Wizards - Only regains upon reading their book. Must have a spell book item in hands while reads. Time = 1/2 turn per class level.
Sorcerers - Some kind of trance or meditation. Time = 1/2 turn per class level.
Clerics - Pray. Would be cool if it needed a Holy Symbol or deity 'bible'. Time = 1/2 turn per class level.
Druids - Worshiping. Only allowed in wild areas or underground caves. Time = 1/2 turn per class level.
Bards - Practice music. Must have a musical instrument in hands. Time = 1/2 turn per class level.
Paladins - Same as cleric but with a reduced time, maybe 1/4 turn per class level.
Rangers - Same as druid but with a reduced time, maybe 1/4 turn per class level.

All other classes should get their spells by conventional rests I think.

I suggest penalties for non-native clerics and paladins. It is said that they suffer faith struggles, we could give them a 5% chance of failling to contact their deities outside Ravenloft, therefore not receiving their spells that time, and receiving a minor will penalty for one hour, they would be allowed to try to pray again one hour later.

Upon doing their own procedures to regain their spells they do not heal their HP as a sit and rest. Therefore 'sit and rest' rest should continue in a 2 in 2 hours base. Upon resting magical effects should continue, unless sleeping in a inn room. The procedures mentioned above could only be done in a 8 in 8 hours base. Some spell durations could have their duration brought back or not so capped as it is now.

For everybody: Sleeping only allowed in a bed roll or inn room. Rangers, Barbarians and Druids could be able to build their own bed rolls, like a campfire. This bed roll cannot be picked as it is made of a bunch of selected leafs gathered and settled in a proper pattern.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:50:06 PM by Frog »

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2009, 01:52:16 PM »
I dont necessarily go for the casting failure rate, but I am in favor of giving a Cross/etc some use.

Maybe give them powers against the dead, enhanced turning, etc.
Delete Me.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2009, 06:06:31 PM »
I probably will regret this, but...

What about putting DP checks on spells. I can really picture things like summons attracting attention from the DP.

My Cleric NEVER uses summon undead, but summoning one could have dire consequences.

Would a Domain "King" find ok someone bringing demons and devils all around the place?

Or maybe Strahd would not like someone invoking a sunbeam or an undeath to death?
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Psyche

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »
Unfortunately, if an automated DP system for spells was put in.. we'd be walking around with 10% of the server on the way to being a darklord. Maybe DMs already DP check people when they catch them casting necromantic spells, really don't know.

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2009, 10:29:53 PM »
DP checks be there for casting certain spells, like the summoning of a Balor for example.

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2009, 11:00:25 PM »
Something that keeps coming to my mind is...
This be a low magic item server "VS" a server that have high level casters.

By this i only mean...
A fighter class for example would jump out of his pants of luck if manage to find a +2 ab sword. Most casters that have some levels to back it up with can cast a stoneskin that absorbs 100 HP and that you need +5 weapon to break through, that single spell then actually grant the caster 100 more HP here as there be no fighter that can strike right through it, same of course go for GSS and shadow shield.

Why some spells gets so devastating here is that as a low level magic item server some of them sometimes rather common items you can find on other servers not exist here...like..
-Elemental resist amulets with 20 resist in.
-+5 enchanted weapon that can be found on a few servers with relatively ease.
-Haste boots, Armours with freedom in...etc excl.

As the low level items thing also goes for the monsters here they to have a hard time to face a caster... that's why i suggested Nerfing before in another post even though i know that not be what you Soren look for here :D

-There are casters i have seen in action and some tactic many seems to favor be...

-Cast greater stone skin, shadow shield and then acid shealth and let the monsters kill them self upon hitting you.

-Turn Iron golem with 30/3 damage reduction and walk through them beating the monsters to death.

-Stand invisible and let a summon of some sort do the work for you, worst here be black blade of disaster and Balor.

-Timestop, dispel and empowerd edwards black tentacles be another favored tactic by many of them really high level casters, specially when VS other casters.

Now i just feel like babbling as i not know how to make it more of a challenge for casters more then agree to some of what have been said by others here.
Biggest challenge to play a caster on PoTM i think should be to face all the hostility that is focused towards them by the locals.

Ingredients for spells, nah...maybe, but i get a feeling with this that if you make them to rare it will not be to fun for the casters and to much agony to find them, if to common...turn to the nearest Vardo and by box full of them and then the effect of have to use an ingredient be gone.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:03:14 PM by Metal_ash »

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2009, 11:19:45 PM »
One thought that just came to my mind be that maybe take away the scrolls in the mage tower, at least lower the NR of scrolls there. By doing such would make at least wizards more carefull and thoughtfull of what spells they have to chose when level up and maybe by such not make them that allround as they now are?
Yes, Rogues and bards and other scrolls users will suffer from this to but again...just a thought :D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:23:54 PM by Metal_ash »

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2009, 11:58:47 PM »
Yes, Rogues and bards and other scrolls users will suffer from this to but again...just a thought :D

Dear god, please no.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2009, 12:56:24 AM »

:arrow: Jewelry & Engineering (gem crushing & herbalism used for spell components as well)

:arrow: Alternate methods of progression more so than other classes: given how much a casters' progression is tied with learning and knowledge more than physical prowess, perhaps alternate methods should be tied with their level. A wizard spending more time in a library, or in a knowledge center; should be able to gain RP XP at an accelerated rate if in presence of another character. Perhaps increase the multiplier for XP gain in certain areas that aren't dungeons.

:arrow: Unique trade skill based on the caster type: Wizards enchanting, Alchemy. Offer unique possibilities that are tied with progression and strong abilities. Tie wizards' progression, for example, with enchanting his first high end weapon as a breakthrough, or scribing his first circle 8 scroll.

I particularly like these...
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2009, 07:11:33 AM »

I particularly like these...

I like the idea of other means to keep spell casters busy.
But i also think casters can create their own projects, mini-events etc.
Its a lot of work but its a lot of fun.

Scribing scrolls, creating wands/staffs, working gems etc into artifacts would be all well and fun, but i doubt it will make a drastic change to the caster community.

Its down to the player on how they go about using/playing out their spells.
I agree with Tz that all casters must rp they're casting as much as a weapon master rp's using their favoured blade, or a cleric does with their prayers to the unhearing void of darkpowers within ravenloft.
I enjoy rp'ing my spells and the further i come along the more fun it will to rp them.

I would think these somatic requirements involved for casting would be very interesting, i dont know anything about them but i'd love to rp it.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2009, 07:46:11 AM »
I like Heretic's suggestions, I also like the idea of wizards needing a spell book, clerics needing a holy item and so forth.