Author Topic: Evandra- The Vessel  (Read 1015 times)

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
Evandra- The Vessel
« on: October 19, 2009, 12:09:11 PM »

Ehlonna, my guide, my patron, my savior…you saw fit to grace me with the wings of my mothers kind for a reason I know. You do not perform such miracles on a whim, so there must be a reason I was brought here to this land. A task you wish me to fulfill, mother of all forests. My body is yours, I have and will always continue to act as your vessel . Your will be done, Ehlonna.

The young aasimar girl sat alone in Deganwwy staring at the cloak her brother had given to her in a hasty retreat from the Broken Bell Inn. It lay next to her, tiny spots of blood on the inside of the light green material. Her blood. The new appendages on her back fluttered on their own, causing a single white feather to come loose and fall free into her lap. She stared at it in awe. Her mother had had wings, beautiful ones that she was born with. They didn’t just sprout out of her back, causing her to have to run for her very life from the patrons of the inn. Card, her brother, had protected her, leading her down into the sewers then out into the forest, never leaving her side. He understood what had happened to her, and had warned her to never show another who wasn’t like them. Celestial.
   She picked up the feather gingerly in her delicate hands, examining it. Pure, innocent, white. This gift would make living in this world all the more difficult, but she would manage. She had work to do.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
Re: Evandra- The Vessel
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 01:25:24 PM »

This was the happiest she had been in quite some time in this strange land called Barovia. She spent weeks mourning the loss of Masmir, her kindred soul who had fallen to many neuri on the mountain side. She had found his remains and sobbed over them silently before giving them the proper buriel he deserved. She had hidden away in Degannwy, not wishing to see anyone until she had ran into the young Vardo man named Kalmah. He attached himself to her quickly, and she allowed it to happen. He would tell her that he could possibly see them becoming life mates in the future, but he wished to lay with her then. Her mind couldnt wrap itself around why he wished to lay with her before taking her as a mate.

It was when she and her closest friends Gen and Alex had gone into the crypts of the Morninglord to deplete the numbers of the Legion that she met B'alam. He was unlike anyone she had ever met before, and he had shown up and acted as her savior the whole time. When they had descended into the deepest parts of the crypt, where the stench of death and decay was its strongest, she had taken on more than she could handle and was struck down. B'alam was the one to cradle her limp body in his arms as he carried her up to see the priest, and he stayed with her for hours afterwards just carrying on conversation.

He had asked her about her wings, thinking she was some sort of bird woman, not understanding she was in fact partially and angel. He teased her about being too fat then offered her cookies, and laughed with her. Over the next few days they met up on occasion and talked, about everything and nothing. She asked him what to do about Kalmah, who was at that moment trying to stop her from waging war on the demon half-breeds of the world. That was one of Kalmah's faults, he befriended everyone and she knew that would be the thing that got him killed.

To stop an aasimar from doing what runs in their blood is ludicrous. She was born to kill demons.

B'alam understood that, and offered his advice on what to do. Evandra took his advice and coupled it with her own wisdom...and ended her psuedo relationship with Kalmah.

So now the young girl sits, grooming the massive feathery wings which protrude out of her back, smiling gently at the missing feather at the tip. He had asked to touch them, of course she had let him. And when they parted that morning, she had plucked a feather and offered it to him. With a smile he took it, tucking it into his bracer promising to keep it safe. And she knew he would.