Author Topic: Windows Update crash?  (Read 1569 times)

Kaspar

Windows Update crash?
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:38:13 AM »
My computer was forced to restart by Windows updater, and now it hits a blue stop screen everytime I try rebooting it.. Do computers just hate me or what, lol? Anybody want to help me a bit? I'll see if I can find some information that'll be useful, but not sure what anybody would need to know. I'm not all that swell with computers. :[

~Vasile

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Re: Windows Update crash?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 06:14:57 AM »
Are we talking about Windows XP or Windows, crap, Vista? Yesterday I updated everything on my xp and I had no issues so far.

failed.bard

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 06:36:15 AM »
  If you can get it to let you boot in safe mode you might be able to undo the change.  I'm not sure what to do on your system to get that option though.

Kaspar

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 06:55:07 AM »
It's a Vista operating system. I've tried to boot it from safe mode with that same idea, but it just freezes. Thanks for the suggestions though, always appreciate the help.  :)

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 07:12:23 AM »
Oh...then the problem can be solved.... Uninstalling Vista >_>. Well only if you don't own a directx 10 exclusive card.

Anyway if you happen to own the installation disk try to boot from it and do a kind of restore system components and such.