You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Journal of Mizfar Kezret, servant of the Eternal Flame  (Read 1604 times)

Shadow2876

• New to the Mists
Journal of Mizfar Kezret, servant of the Eternal Flame
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:34:53 AM »
((OOC WARNING:  After a few initial background posts, most of this thread is a journal of Mizfar's activities, exactly what he does and his true motiviations.  Much of it are potential spoilers, so if you dont want to know his true deepest thoughts, do not tread onward ;).  ))

//EDIT!  So no one else has to ask me, you can post comments on his rantings and ravings if you want, no, you dont have to ask first.

Journal of Mizfar Kezret, servant of the Eternal Flame

The journal is written in Mulhorandi, with occasional passages in Ignan.

I was studying at our temple to the True Way of the Eternal Flame in Thay.  We follow the teachings of the First Prophet of Kossuth, Marlsent Morslent, who spoke to Kossuth and recorded his divine word.

How did I come to be in this strange land?  Our high priest died and met Kossuth. Lorestent Heckset was next in line and then he became high priest. He announced in honor of the high priest, we would hold funerary trials of devotion to the Eternal Flame. The high priest was a very good and kind man, a rare man. It was he who first took me off the street when I was but a child, doomed to die in the gutter and showed me the true light of the Eternal Flame. I do not know who my parents were or how old I am, though in my late twenties I think.  He taught me much of the Eternal Flame and of life and I was honored to show my devotion to the Eternal Flame, in his name.

The whole temple gathered outside at dawn the next day.  Our new high priest declared that in honor of our fallen leader, we would send out a new round of missionaries to distant places and those who most distinguished themselves in the funerary trials, would be sent.

We walked coals, and I did so. We put flames to our flesh, and I did so. Then some began to burn off fingers and some even hands. We all stood and showed our devotion to the great flame, and to our high priest. I took a piece of iron and heated it on the altar and in love to the high priest and to Kossuth, gave my left eye to the great flame. It is not good to lie, even to show devotion to the great flame, never let anyone say that such duties do not hurt, for love of Kossuth. It hurt a great deal, Anyone who says that they can do such a thing and their faith is to strong that it does not hurt, lies. Such things hurt, but as the flame creates and destroys, so must we-for such things bring us closer to the Eternal Flame. I yelled, but I was glad to do it, for I loved the high priest greatly and I loved Kossuth with all of my heart and soul.

When the sun set, our new high priest declared who would be sent out as missionaries and to what lands.  I did not commit the greatest act of devotion that day.  One man drank the Breath of Kossuth and died from it, turning to flame.  All agreed he performed the greatest act of devotion and won much honor for the Flame.  Taking out my eye was not one of the greatest deeds, but still it was among them, so I was selected to be sent as a missionary.  I was filled with joy.   Lots were drawn to decide where to send each and I was to be sent to Silverymoon, a land to the west.

Followers of the True Way do not care for power, or for wealth, or prestige, we spurn earthly pleasures, for they make us soft and cloud our minds.  We care only to spread the teachings of the Eternal Flame.  Each priest who follows the True Way is expected to be able to bring masses of people to the Eternal Flame.  It is our custom to send men alone to distant lands and each is to expected to gather converts and resources for a new temple, then send word back to Thay.  Many of our missionaries fail, but some succeed and each time that word reaches our temple in Thay, there is a celebration and priests are sent to aid in the new temple.

Each man who is sent is sent with nothing.  The True Way teaches that wealth is meaningless, yet the Eternal Flame will provide for his faithful.  Missionaries who succeed gather themselves great wealth from nothing except their cunning and devotion to the Eternal Flame.  If a man goes out with nothing can converts masses of people to follow the Eternal Flame and gathers to himself great wealth to build a temple, he certainly walks with the Flame, so he becomes the first high priest of the new temple.  There is no greater way to be promoted among the faithful, so most hope to someday be sent on such a mission.

So, I began to walk to Silverymoon.  The world is a big place and I have walked so far. When I could with caravans and travelers, sometimes alone. The world is a dangerous place and not all revere the true way of the Eternal Flame, I have been robbed and beaten by strangers, but never killed. The things I have had stolen do not matter, I left to do the work of the Eternal Flame with but the clothes on my back, but it is sad that some people do not see the true path of the great flame and must be hateful.

I was shocked to learn that there was more to the world then just barbarians and the world is so much BIGGER then I thought. The savage lands are more savage then Thay, they do not even have plumbing, but it is not so savage as I always thought. There are some nice people, and some bad people. There were no red wizards though, and that is good. I have never come to understood how the Eternal Flame has allowed them to rule great Thay. So many of them are petty, and cruel, and filled with hate, they say they follow the true way of the great flame but they do not. Such things are beyond me, Allmighty Kossuth, burning the hateful heretics to free us, and then set the red wizards to rule, it is not for me to question-even if it confuses me, the Flame understands.

I was on the road and I found myself in a thick fog.  I took out my map and tried to find my way.  When I found my way out of the fog I came upon a gypsy camp and then found a city.  The people there told me it is a place called Bavoria.

I asked men for directions to Silverymoon but none knew which way it was, or had even heard of it!  Silverymoon is not in Thay, so it is a barbarian city, but still, it is said that it is better than most barbarian cities and is famous, even in Thay.  How could it be that none here had heard of Silverymoon?

Finally I met a woman who had heard of Silverymoon, though she was from Calimport.  We spoke for a time and they told me that we were not near Silverymoon, but not even in Faerun!  They told me the fog I walked through was magic and now, I am in another realm.

We spoke for a time and she was very helpful.  In thanks, I read the flames for her and they told us that she will go on a journey of discovery find a man made of stars, who will teach her great secrets of life and death.

I was very upset at first, for I was sent to Silverymoon to work there and must be on my way.  Yet I realized something soon after.

None in this land have heard of Allmighty Kossuth, let alone of the Path of the True Way of the Eternal Flame.  

There is no will but the will of Kossuth.  I was sent to go to a distant land and teach his will.  This land is more distant than any we have sent any of our missionaries to.  Certainly the Eternal Flame has sent me here, to preach his word and convert the masses.

Kossuth!  To receive such a mission, it is an enormous honor and fills me with joy, I will not fail you.  I will bring the masses here to honor you and construct a mighty temple to you.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 06:28:15 PM by Shadow2876 »

Shadow2876

• New to the Mists
Re: Journal of Mizfar Kezret, servant of the Eternal Flame
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 10:50:31 AM »
I am very pleased to find a temple to Lathander.  They are a good sort and our “sister” church, or perhaps better to say that they are our niece church, for no church can be greater than the church of the Flame.  I am writing most of this journal there and I go to this temple for my daily prayer.  I do not think it is a good idea to tell them that there is no god “Lathander”, it is only one of many faces of the Eternal Flame, some strange deviant sect which long ago broke away and in time, thought they worshiped another god.  I think I will tell them, in time.  My greatest efforts here will surely be to convert the priests of this temple.

This land is strange and dangerous, I know I will not fail for the Eternal Flame is with me, but if I should fall, then let another find this journal and from it, learn the path to wisdom.

This is the literal word of Almighty Kossuth, as transcribed by his prophet.

In the beginning there was only the Eternal Flame, Kossuth. There was not land to walk on, or air to breath, or water to drink, there was nothing, there was no world and no people and no animals, there were no gods, there was only the Eternal Flame. Then in His infinite wisdom the Eternal Flame said, let there be creation, and there was creation, and He said let there be simply being, and there was simply being, and He said let there be destruction, and there was destruction. And thus, all things came to be, as Kossuth willed them to come into existence.

The other gods exist and do so at the pleasure of Kossuth, even jealous water, and earth, and air is beneath him, and exists only at his pleasure-as an adversary for his followers to prove their faith. All of them were made by the Eternal Flame, as he made all things and all places. Some may say to worship the lesser gods beings is heresy, but that is not so. So it was, that Kossuth made these lesser beings, to be worshiped by men with lesser minds, and those without keen intellects. The barbarians in the savage lands and even many in Thay give their devotion to these lesser beings, and while it is best for all to give their devotion to the Eternal Flame, not all have minds who can grasp the great purity of Flame. It is for this that the Eternal Flame created the other "gods", lesser beings. Many look at the Flame and go mad from it, so it is for the barbarians in the savage lands that the Eternal Flame in his wisdom, made the lesser gods, so that the barbarians may focus on aspects of him.

So such it was that those who value wisdom and knowledge of the world and of history, and look to the great flame and can not find it, that the Eternal Flame in his wisdom made Oghma. It is best that the followers of Oghma worship the Eternal Flame, but many of the barbarians in the savage lands do not have the minds to do it, so it is good that they are able to worship Oghma and find some small way to the True Path. If they study Oghma very hard, then maybe they can some day find their way to the great flame and if not, it is the limit of their minds, and it is better that they go to their limit, then to not walk the True Way at all.

So such was it that those who love others and wish to give charity, but can not find charity in the flame, such was it for them that the great flame made Ilmater. It is best that the followers of Ilmater find the purity of the Flame and worship it, but it requires a keen mind to find the purity of Flame, and thus most of the savage lands can not do it. So while it is best the followers of Ilmater worship the Eternal Flame and walk the True Way, it is good that they worship Ilmater and find some small way to the true way, and maybe some day they can walk the True Way-and if they can not, it is better that they go to their limit, then to not walk the True Way at all.

So such was it that those who value power and strength, but look into the Flame and somehow do not see its brute power, such was it for them that the Eternal Flame in his wisdom, made Bane. It is best that the followers of Bane worship the Flame, but many of the barbarians in the savage lands do not have the minds to do it, so it is good that they are able to worship Bane and find some small way to the true path. If they study Bane very hard, then maybe they can some day find their way to the great flame and if not, it is the limit of their minds, and it is better that they go to their limit, then to not walk the true way at all.

But such is it that the great Eternal Flame, creator and destroyer of all, Kossuth, made the earth for us to walk on, and the waters to drink, and the air to breath. But all of these things are subservient to the Eternal Flame and perverse. For all earth crumbles before the flame, and all water flees before the flame and all air flees before the purity of the flame. And while great Kossuth made these things for us, and made beings to govern them, they are not like the other gods, but caretakers-and they are all jealous of great Kossuth and wish to control each other, and the Eternal Flame. And it is for this jealousy, that they are forever cursed and to give worship to them is not to walk the path at all,

And while it is always best to worship the Eternal Flame, many cannot for lack of keen minds. But with their lesser minds, they can worship aspects of Kossuth, so they can worship to Oghma, or to Ilmater, or even to Bane. But to worship the water or the air or the earth is to not walk the path at all and is the highest heresy and is banned for all peoples and for all time-none of them do it that they shall be cursed in their lives, and when they die they will not rejoin the Eternal Flame, but they will smuther out as a whisper, as ephemeral as their faith.

It is best that all people walk the True Way of the Eternal Flame. And some may say "You should not give the poor man bread, for if he is not strong then he is underserving of the Eternal Flame!". It is not for me or for you or for any man to say who is worthy of the Flame, for all of us were made by the Flame, and none but the Great Eternal Flame, Kossuth can say who is and who is not worthy of him. And some people may say this, but they do not worship the Eternal Flame as he is, and they do not walk the True Way, and worship the great flame as the people in the savage lands worship Ilmater and Oghma and Bane.

The Eternal Flame made us all to learn to walk the true way, and it is best that we all walk the True Way. The Eternal Flame is all things, both to create and to destroy, and to simply be. Many see the flame only destroy, but it creates as well. Such is it that to walk the true way we must do as the flame does, create, destroy and simply be.

Such is it, that it is good that we help each other walk the True Way, for by doing so we learn more of the True Way and walk it better ourselves. So what another may not have to walk the True Way, it is good to give to them. So if a man is hungry and is not strong, it is good to give him bread and teach him strength, so that he may walk the true path. And if a man is too ambitious as is one of the many faces of the Flame, it is good to teach them humility, as is also of the Flame. And if a man is prone to war and to hate to malice and to greed, it is good to teach to them peace and love and charity, for all are in the Flame. And if one is prone to rebel against his better, it is good to teach him obedience and if one to is too submissive, it is good to teach him to rebel-except against those who have proven themselves to the Flame and have shown they walk beyond you on the great way, with greater acts of devotion to the Flame-for they know better, and one should obey them.

Such it is that to walk the Tue Way there is both love and hate, wealth and poverty, and for us to walk the True Way we must have balance of them all. And because now there is too much hate and anger in the world, it is good to teach love and compassion, and if there is ever too much love and compassion, it will then be good to teach hate and anger, so it is that we can all one day walk the great way and when we die, we will rejoin the True Flame.  And this land, is filled with great “evil” and suffering and pain and torment and tyranny, so to bring the balance as is the will of the Flame, we must bring “good” to counteract the “evil.”

Shadow2876

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 02:58:57 AM »
Things, go very well.

I spoke to Chang, a member of the Lathandrite temples.  I told him of my desire to join.  I was fully up front and made it clear that the "Morninglord" is not, Kossuth.  He accepted me anyway.  I hoped this would be the case, but I did not seriously expect it would be.

There is no such god as Lathander, evein in Faerun.  He is nothing more than the more..... friendly sects of the followers of Kossuth, long seperated by geography, till the names are forgotten.  This is not a simple case of one god wearing two masks, there is simply no god known as Lathander.  The priests who claim to serve him, are in fact, sponsored by the Eternal Flame.  The Flame has 3 aspects.  Creation, destruction and continuity, which in some ways, aligns to what men say is "good", "evil" and "neutrality".  The Flame has sects devoted to each.  It was long ago, a sect of Creationalists were isolated from the rest of the faithful, till the name of the Flame was forgotten and replaced.  They still do the Flame's work, but only a third of it, but still for that third, the Flame grant's them blessings.

Only we, the followers of the True Way of the Flame, disciples of the Prophet of Kossuth know that to serve Kossuth, we must balance, creation, destruction and continuity, both in the world and in ourselves.  We look down on those who only follow one of the three paths, but hope to convert them as well.

I preach the word of the Eternal Flame to many and it is very well recieved.

I have read the Flames for some as well, to read their futures, or their pasts.  Reactions are mixed, but most were pleased.

Things go well.  It seems only a handful of people pay any reverance to the "Morninglord", yet I make great strides in gaining respect for Kossuth.  I will join their church and in time, convert their clergy to the Eternal Flame and the temples as well.

There is little hope here.  The people despair.  I do all that I can to counteract this.  I was disgusted to see the small town outside of the city attacked by wolves!  Two nights later, I set many fires throughout the outskirts, hoping to keep the wolves at bay.  It seemed to work, none came that night.  One woman told me I would provoke the vampires.

And there, is a problem.  I do not mean to provoke the vampires.  I know that a campfire will not keep them away.  I am not even TRYING to keep them away-I do not seek to draw the ire of the vampires.  Yet, I cannot admit that the fires will not keep them away, for that diminishes the Flame's glory.  I told them that I could not know if the fires would work on vampires and was not challenging them.... now, but that the fires were meant to keep wolves at bay, which they did.  I have recruited new friends and relations to help tend the fires, which we shall tend to, every night from this night on.

I met a man born of the blood of the Great Red Scaled Ones.  He was not what I expected, but I am please dto have found him.  He also told me there is a Magi here.  I must find him at once.  Perhaps he can discover some method of travel, to Thay and back.  The Magi will have a field day with all the magic and trade goods here and the church will wish to send more missionaries.  I am proud and pleased to do this work, but if the help of other priests aids in our work(and it will), then I am eager for it.

There is no will but the will of the Flame, Allmighty Kossuth and I am honored to do his work, in this land.

Shadow2876

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 05:58:55 AM »
Things continue to go very well.  I give thanks to the Eternal Flame, Almighty Kossuth, for the flame of reason in my mind, which brings my plans to serve his will, to success.

I put on a fake persona, but I do as I have been trained to do.  The proper approach, to convert the proper people.  These people are fearful and cold and difficult to approach, so I put on a face of unblinking friendliness and warmth.  I am a friendly person, but not even half as much as I act.  My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

I have sought out the morning lord cult and, been accepted into it.  Before I joined one of their clergy discussed potential conflicts of the doctrine I was taught and their doctrine.  I told them that our doctrine includes their own and that I did not think there could possibly be a conflict, but that if there ever was, I would keep all secrets entrusted to me, return all property and quietly depart.  They gave me an oath, which I took.  Where this oath named their god explicitly, I simply said "the god", so when the oath called for "in the name of the morninglord" I said "in the name of, the god", their oath was essentially one to commit to good works.

A pillar of light came from the sky to welcome me at my initiation, what more sign can there be that we are right, that there is no god Lathander, only Kossuth?  The Lathandrites worship satisfies Kossuth, but it would be better if they serve him under his proper name and accept ALL of his teachings.  Their dogma is one of pro-active good works.  This is within the flame, it is creation, or good.  They should also learn and accept, continuity, or indecisiveness and also, destruction or evil.

The Flame wants balance.  This world, like our own world, is filled with evil and unbalanced towards evil.  To bring balance, we must do what is good.  Their doctrine of pro-active good works is one I already commit to.  I have no doubt in time, that I will convert the Lathandrites, to proper worship of Kossuth.

How will I do this?  The priests are not going to simply worship Kossuth, no.  I will bring converts to the church, but they will be *my* converts.  They will join, revering Kossuth, as I do.  This will take time.  Yet, in time, our numbers will swell within the Lathandrite ranks, till we are a majority, or at least till we are a large enough force, that the others are swayed to change.

The Lathandrites are accepted, but they could be much, much more.  I will take my converts and we will commit many great deeds, thus winning acceptance both for the church among the Bavorians, but also winning over our view, within the church.  If the common folk love the church, and we, the Kossuthans are the reason they become loved by the common folks, other priests will be persuaded to revere the Flame, properly.

Also of note, I have joined the militia.  I saw a notice, essentially, they need warm bodies for times of emergency.  I went to them and said that it is no man who does not answer a call to defend the place he lives, which is true.  They accepted me, knowing I was associated with the "Morninglord", but told me to make sure when I am on duty as the militia, I am on duty for the militia.  There is more, of course, there is a design here.

I am on a mission to teach these fearful people that they should not fear priests.  I will take every chance I can to persuade others in the militia, but most importantly in the guard, that priests are not to be feared, but loved.  If I win over the guard, it will become MUCH easier to win over the common folk.

Not that the militia has much authority, but I will also use what little I get, to ease my work spreading Kossuth's will, for certainly there are times it might upset the authorities, but if they see it is a member of the militia who does some offensive thing, they will not care.

Other plans:

1.  Chart the locations of all caves in the region, and explore them.  Knowing where all of the caves are will make it easier to chase troublesom wild beasts and.... eventually, track down the vampires, when we are ready for them.

2.  Assemble any Faerunian clergy(and any proper clergy from other lands) and paladins I can, to join a new organization, sponsored by the Lathandrites. It's stated purpose will be to do great and heroic deeds.  It's true purpose will be to commit many great deeds, to win acceptance for servants of the gods, among the populace.  The more it is that the populace accept priests, the easier it shall be to gain converts for Kossuth among them.

In the begriming there was naught but the Eternal Flame, Almighty Kossuth and in the end, it shall be only He.  There is no will but the will of the Flame, Almighty Kossuth and I am honored to do his work.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:28:49 PM by Shadow2876 »

Shadow2876

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 11:32:44 PM »
Some things go very well.  Others go poorly.

This land is less like Thay than I could have ever imagined.  It is even more barbarous than Faerun.  Perhaps they have some cause to be so fearful from the dangers here, but it is deeply rooted into them.  These people are ignorant savages.   They fear magic beyond all rationality.  For my missionary work, I was trained to first, seek out the lonely scholars, intellectuals.  Our doctrine has appeal to them.  Seek out wise men who are down in their life and slowly lead them to wisdom, till they embrace us.  When we have some of them, appeal to the masses.  The masses cannot truly be appealed to till there is a base of followers.

Intellectuals do not exist here.  There is no way to convert these people.  These people are too stupid to revere Kossuth.  Conversion of the masses is out of the question.

If conversion of the masses is out of the question(and it is, for now), then what else is left?

Good works, obviously.  This land is out of balance.  It greatly aligns with evil, when it should, be balanced.  I continue to try to instill hope in these people.  I think I am having, some sucess.  I tell the parables and stories taught to me and seek out those who despair and seek to give them the strength to go on.

I was trained for missionary work, but there is great evil here.  I must study the ways of battle more closely.  There is no one here who seriously thinks to battle the vampires and werewolves, they all think it if hopeless.  There is no beast so great that the Eternal Flame cannot overcome it.

The only people I have anything remotely in common with, is this Lathandrite sect.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:34:25 PM by Shadow2876 »

Shadow2876

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 01:28:08 AM »
I have read the Flames for more than a handful now.  For posterity, I will record the process.  All flames are literally, a portal, a window that can be looked through, to every other flame which ever was, or is, or shall be.  All flames also connect to the Heart of the Fires, the place where Kossuth resides.  In this place, all things which are or were or ever may be, are known, like a library filled with endless rows of books.  To find something on a specific topic, place something into the flames related to the topic, the more valuable, the better.

To find something about a person, place a bit of hair, or something of value they have owned, or best of all, a bit of their blood.  Then, look into the flame and place your hand within.  With a great deal of practice, the message can be interpreted.

Almost all the Flame readings I have done here, have been tragic and dark, but this land is filled with darkness.

In one, the Flames showed a scene from a persons past I think, how darkness and evil slew their parents and left them abandoned.  In another sad scene, it showed how a person would find one they loved, but then watch helplessly as their loved one wasted away from disease.  One warned that the person would be robbed and beaten in a certain inn, but that they would live.  I finally found one which was somewhat pleasant today, but the omens were mixed.  The Flame said how this man would find a loved one, but they would be seperated from them in the mists, but while they searched for them in the mists, find their way back to Faerun.

Shadow2876

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »
High Priest Illie Lucaciu is immensely wise.  In many ways he reminds me of my teacher in Thay.  I think if he dawned our robes and perhaps shaved the sides of his head, he would fit in and none would notice at all he is not from the Homeland.  I talked to him of my problems  and difficulties with the church.  When I went to him, I was certain I would have to apologize to him, thank him for being welcoming to me, perhaps give a modest tithe to the temple, but then pack up my things and leave.  The responses he gave were calm, clear and filled with wisdom.  It is obvious to me now.  I will not split from this sect.

Shadow2876

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 06:10:44 PM »
I thank Almighty Kossuth this day, as I do in my morning prayers every day, for the flames of my mind, which give me reason.  I also thank the temple which trained me, for our teachings have been of immense help.

I knew that there were other worlds but beyond that, knew very little, I never thought about it, why would I?  Kossuth made countless worlds, I worried only about the one I resided on.

I believe I have figured out the true nature of this place.

We are taught when we are sent out, visit the local temples, learn about the local gods.  By learning what faiths a people follow, you can learn the nature of the people.  I found books on the goddess Ezra at a bookstore.  I read them and found the story they told to be contradictory.  I set out to find Ezrite clergy but they could not give me many answers, till by very good fortune I found one of their high priestesses on the road.  She answered many questions for me about their goddess but also about, the mists.

The books of Ezra and this priestess speak of volition in the mists.  Of will.  Either the mists ARE a thinking entity, or they hide one.  They clearly act with determination and will.  How can we learn the nature of this intelligence?  Let us consider what we know about it.

Deduction 1:  The Ezrite doctrine(fifth sect partially excluded) is not a malevolent one, but fairly kind and committed to good works.  It is difficult to believe that this is a large deception and that they invented the story of a conversation with the mists.

Deduction 2:  Ezra did converse with the mists.

Deduction 3:  The mists can think, or they house a thinking entity.  The books of Ezra clearly detail a conversation between the mists and Ezra.  It is a key tenant of their faith.

Deduction 4:  The mists are malevolent.  They clearly do not think kindly of mortal life.

Deduction 5:  The mists are allied with the legion of night.  The vampires.  Again, the books of Ezra speak of this.

Deduction 6:  The vampires rule the night here and have for countless generations.  It is obvious.  The locals have told me as such.  Members of the local military even chastised me for thinking they could be fought at all.

Deduction 7:  The vampires have organization.  I cannot speculate how they are organized, how many of them are in any one faction or how many factions there are, but the way the locals speak of them, it indicates actual possession of the night.  Without organization, the vampires would have LONG ago hunted all the people here to extinction.  This means that the vampires have some sort of agreement, so they do not eat through their food supply.

Deduction 8:  Any small group of people left to their own in a small region, will interbreed among close family till they produce monsters and simpletons.  The people here are very isolated.  They do not show the signs of centuries interbreeding.  This SHOULD be the case. 

Deduction 9:  The mists bring many people here, mostly from Faerun it seems.  Most of those they bring, seem to be men who are young enough to produce children.

Deduction 10:  Those brought are almost all adventurers.  People who are well enough suited to danger that they do not initially die.  If farmers, craftsmen and common folk were brought through, they would almost certainly die within the first few days and if they do not, the locals would kill them for being too foreign-adventurers are more easily able to adapt to strange cultures.

Deduction 11:  The mists have brought people here, for centuries.  It is clear in the way Barovians treat outsiders that while outlanders are not welcome, they have been coming for a long time.

ULTIMATE CONCLUSION:  Faerunians(and others) who are brought here are.... breeding stock.  Adventurers, mostly men of a young age are brought because they are best suited to initially survive and deal with the bizarre culture of the locals and because young men are the most efficient way to introduce new blood.  A young man can father many children, a woman can only produce one at a time.  Adventurers are also well known to sleep with whoever they can get their hands on.

There is some sort of malevolent entity in the mists, possibly a devil or a demon or a dark god, or perhaps just a powerful wizard or cabal of them.  This entity who summons men here from other worlds, to inject fresh blood into the local populace.  The ultimate purpose of all of this, is to keep a body of people who are able to provide food for the vampires.  The legion of werewolves are likely controlled by the vampires.  The purpose of the werewolves is to keep the wilderness dangerous, so that the small communities of men here cannot expand and consume the limited resources.

The signs of this conspiracy are everywhere.  These mists cut the "sense" that priests feel from their gods.  Why?  The doctrines of our gods would bring hope to these people and it is their desperation which allows the vampires to feed without any opposition.  I cannot lie and claim I have not felt "disconnected" from Almighty Kossuth.  Yet, when I read the Flames, I still receive wisdom through them.  I still receive omens and portents from the Heart of the Fires, where all things are known.  Twice since I have arrived I have been greeted by actual messengers of Kossuth while I prayed to him.  Priests here still receive their divine blessings.  It is obvious.  These mists cannot block the power of the gods, so they create this sense of "isolation" in our frail mortal minds, hoping we will despair and not rally the masses.

You foul thing, your tricks have been deciphered.  Your days, are limited.  I will use the church of the Morninglord to bring a sense of hope to the people, so they do not despair.  Hope enough, to oppose the vampires.  In time, I will use the church rally the clergy of all "outlanders" here, to hunt down each and every vampire and destroy them.  When the vampires are all ashes, we can turn our attention to this "entity" in the mists and deal with it.

Praise Almighty Kossuth for the gift of reason, for no secret can be kept from a man with a keen mind!

I will at once write down my findings and spread them, though in secret, for if I am known to be the source of this revelation, the vampires will certainly put a swift end to me.