You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: New Ghost System  (Read 21072 times)

Grieyls

• Undead Master
Re: New Ghost System
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2009, 06:33:43 PM »
As far as the movement speed of a ghost PC, well I have to agree. I've never really followed anybody if killed, well not for any PVP action anyway. Haven't been involved with too many. Only one comes to mind and that was well over a year and half ago (real world time). However there have been times when my character has died well away from any PC populated area, and having to travel to such an area such as the outskirts takes what seems to be hours. Now as a ghost you're not supposed to be hampered by the material world anymore. Specifically you won't suffer from exhaustion if you ran all over the server. Not that I am advocating running everywhere. Just suggesting that as a ghost we should be allowed to move with out having to be forced to walk. Sometimes I think the only reason for so many rescue tells that occurs is cause, "Well gonna take me fifteen minutes to get back to the outskirts for any rescue roleplaying, bah too long. Hmmmm, who's on that can rescue my corpse?" [whips up the player list]...

When considering that some of us do not have all that much time to devote to playing on the server any time wasted is a bad thing. Being a ghost can be a waste of time, cause there is not really all that much you can do. And anything you can do takes time and effort something some us can ill afford. Thus the quickest and fastest resolution is going to be the best solution for those sort of players. Hate to say it, but during the week I'm one of those players. Main reason I keep to outskirts all the time, low risk and if a DM runs anything there and my char dies as a result I have not far to go to be ressed.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 06:41:12 PM by Grieyls »

Sewerprince

• Undead Slayer
  • Sometimes it be like that
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »
Hmmm. I wonder if anyone has ever used a corpse's body as leverage...As in "Hey, go scout this area for me or I won't ressurect you, filthy spirit".......evil indeed
Hargen-Caliban Artist Extraordinare
Pavel Leclerq-Tradesman For Hire
Costin Banicu-Garda With That Dawg In Him

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2009, 12:39:23 AM »
Im my opinion, if corpse-moving will possibly be an issue...Please remove the slow-ness of being a ghost because just walking from one area to another takes an eternity and a half...Plus people can't escape those that haunt them  :GRIM2A:
+1 always hated that lameness.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2009, 03:55:49 AM »
Hmmm. I wonder if anyone has ever used a corpse's body as leverage...As in "Hey, go scout this area for me or I won't ressurect you, filthy spirit".......evil indeed
This can't be done, since in spirit form the pcs can't learn anything new. Even if some spirit explores a new area, it could no one tell about it. So it is worthless.