Author Topic: Master Server down, Gamespy disconnected, I'm lost!  (Read 4591 times)

Einar

• New to the Mists
  • People living deeply have no fear of death.
Master Server down, Gamespy disconnected, I'm lost!
« on: October 06, 2009, 11:54:19 AM »
Does everyone encounter this difficulty? The day before yesterday, I played on Ravenloft on a different computer, but with the same CDs. Then, the server went down, for maintenance, I think. I waited two days, then I moved, so I installed everything on this computer. Now it's not the Ravenloft-server which is a problem, but this: I log on multiplayer. First, they tell me the Master Server is down and that some multiplayer services might not be available. Then, then when I try to "join Internet game" they say "Gamespy disconnected, try again". I tried using the "connect directly"-option, but it didn't work, or maybe I've misunderstood what they mean by "player password" (which they ask for in addition to Ravenloft's IP).  I'd be very thankful for some aid.
We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another, unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another.

Psyche

Re: Master Server down, Gamespy disconnected, I'm lost!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 12:06:26 PM »
Happens to me. Restart the game usually solves the problem. Just one of those 'features'

Einar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:26:51 PM »
No use restarting.  :\ I've switched off my firewall. Could the problem be with my account or the CD keys? I'm able to log in to Bioware's website with my account, though, and the CD keys are double-checked.
We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another, unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another.

Psyche

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 12:28:54 PM »
Nope. It's a habitual error, i've been unable to discern any rhyme nor reason to it. It will subside. PotM shouldn't ask for a password, sure you're on the right IP?

Einar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »
I see. I'm not sure, no.  :) Is this correct: 192.38.55.132 ?

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 06:56:36 PM »
Happens sometimes here, but in your case might be the firewall thing. Do you use the windows raw crappy firewall or do you use something serious?

Nalain

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 07:33:58 PM »
I see. I'm not sure, no.  :) Is this correct: 192.38.55.132 ?

Try adding port number with direct connect: 192.38.55.132:5123

Einar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 10:30:12 AM »
Thanks for all your help, but I discovered it is my school's network which is blocking the game. We are trying to persuade the administration to change this. In the meantime, does anyone know of a way to bypass this sort of thing? I'm really inexperienced with IT.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 03:19:21 PM »
Nah, you can't by pass a firewall.

Edit: By the way you never mentioned you were trying to access from your school, it'd had helped us to help you find out the problem  :?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:20:54 PM by Adam Cardei »

Einar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 05:11:25 PM »
Nah, you can't by pass a firewall.

Edit: By the way you never mentioned you were trying to access from your school, it'd had helped us to help you find out the problem  :?

Alright, then at least I get to test my patience. It'll work out eventually, though, they're a flexible band.

Yes, I didn't mention it because I didn't realize its significance. I am not experienced with IT. Besides, some people here are able to connect to WoW-servers for some inexplicable reason.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:13:37 PM by Einar »

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 09:14:37 PM »
Its not impossible, unless the administrators monitor and add IP and Port exceptions to the firewall rules, which is unlikely. If I had to guess, you might be dealing with a proxy, and not a firewall. I would not risk messing with a public network, that is just me, but there are ways to bore a tunnel through proxies for a certain application.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 08:06:25 AM »
Thier are some ways to force threw a fire wall but thier easy to notice.