Author Topic: [Adriana] Ranger of the Mists  (Read 1035 times)

Ramika

• The Original Mika!
  • Undead Master
[Adriana] Ranger of the Mists
« on: September 16, 2009, 03:55:08 AM »
I can smell the air as morning approaches. It's crisp, clear, giving new life and washing away the sins of the night. They baying of the wolves has died down yet again, allowing the deer and the mink to walk freely without fear. I have no need to hunt this day, but I am running low on what is made by man, bought within the city of grey. The smell sickens me, but I know I must go.

It takes all day to make my way from the forest to what is called the 'outskirts.' The streets are dangerous at night, so I choose not to go. Only a fool would travel those streets at night alone. And yet, even as I pull my hood away and sling my bow, I see yet another foolish Outlander make their way to the gates of the city. Even the garda are shaking their heads. Sure, they might live, if the bite of the neuri doesn't turn them.

The inn smells like dirt, bodies, and cheap ale, making me gag slightly. But, it's safer than trying to get back into the edge of the forest until dawn. I can hear the inn mistress yelling at some of the patrons, others are simply just sitting in their respective corners drinking or speaking quietly. No one pays me much attention as I make my way to the nearest chair, sitting alone in a corner nearest the door, watching for daylight.

The deep, soft rumbling of a voice catches my attention and I turn my head. Cobalt eyes hidden behind strands of ebon hair catch mine briefly, locked for several moments before turning away back to his conversation. It is the first time in nearly twelve years that someone outside of a shopkeeper or an animal has looked my direction. I had begun to think I was becoming too wild, or too solitary. Either way.

As the hours tick by, I make my plans in my mind to get through the city as quickly as possible and return to the forests as quickly as I can. The inn mistress looks my way briefly, almost knowingly, and my eyes fall forward again. Something in the back of my mind tells me that I'll return, whether it's the next night or tomorrow morn. But I will return. Why is uncertain, but perhaps my days as a lady of the forest are gone.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 04:02:45 AM by Ramika »

Active "Mains":
On Cellimene: Gabriela Dimir/Camelia Niculescu
On Ramika: Kyla Murray
Alt (On Cellimene): Andala

Ramika

• The Original Mika!
  • Undead Master
Re: [Adriana] Ranger of the Mists
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »
Degannwy is quiet.

I lay on my back, listening to the rangers talk, the cooshee move around, even the pixies play in the circle nearby.

Simon comes and goes, sometimes in uniform, sometimes not. He usually stops to lay with me and sleep, always waking me with a kiss before he heads out again, knowing I will not likely follow.

He is not upset I've retreated into the woods again. He tells me he understands, touching my face or hair with the same hand that bears a silver ring he had made, an exact copy of my own.

My own Vardo days are over for the moment. Did I have to leave? No. I simply chose to. I left a note for the captain and slunk away into the shadows like I normally do. I've been told I can go back, perhaps I will in time, but for now, there are many things I refuse to do.

I close my eyes and remember the night the Vistani found Simon and I. I was taken into a world I knew, but had not faced in a long time. The familiar smells, words, speech .. I couldn't find comfort in it because, even though they recognized my blood, I was still an outsider.

That is why I like Simon. I watch him appear and disappear again, promising to be back for the evening meal.

Degannwy remains quiet. And I tell myself no amount of wealth or power is worth risking this peace.

Active "Mains":
On Cellimene: Gabriela Dimir/Camelia Niculescu
On Ramika: Kyla Murray
Alt (On Cellimene): Andala