Author Topic: overrides and .2da apperence tags question  (Read 1798 times)

Pepchko

overrides and .2da apperence tags question
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:46:18 PM »
this post is directed to anyone with the knowledge to help me figure a problem i ran into

while surfing the NWNvault, i found a really kewl override for the original NWN Werewolf appearance

as you can see its pretty amazing.

the above appearance as you know uses the original werewolf model for NWN. the tag name in the .2da file is called c_werewolf. now all of the override files that came in the zip file all start with "c_werewolf"

examples: c_werewolf.mdl or c_werewolftth.tga.

now here is the problem...

Ravenloft: POTM werewolves all use the appearance skin called "Werewolf: W**" which looks like this:

i cant seem to find the tag name in the .2da appearance file. it is my belief, that if i have the correct tag name, i could change the file names that came in the override .zip, and in turn it would overwrite the Werewolf: W** appearance to the Desired skin.

here is the .2da tag name table of appearances. if you look down the list you see that there is only 1 werewolf tag, yet in the toolset there are some 10 - 15 appearances??

can this be achieved? if i can figure this out, i can host this on the Vault so POTM users would be able to Download this override for themselves. any help would be appreciated.

thanks
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:59:40 PM by Stravokov »

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: overrides and .2da apperence tags question
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 11:22:53 PM »
Perhaps it is part of one of PoTM's hak files? that could explain why the models were changed. Though it would not explain the variations of it in the tool set.

Pepchko

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 11:37:04 PM »
after doing some more research i found out that the Appearance.2da file im looking for is in fact a CEP file buried somewhere in the CEP hak's. working now to try and find it

Pepchko

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »
still having trouble getting this to work, if anyone can help, would be appreciated

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 12:13:39 AM »
If you fgure it out i want to know how to do it the version of the weares you have is way better.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella