Author Topic: What would this magic using class be considered... just curious  (Read 1244 times)

WildPirate13

What would this magic using class be considered... just curious
« on: September 03, 2009, 12:06:55 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I am on lunch break and since we have an *issue, which happens rarely I will say logging in* I thought I might post what one of my characters might be considered.

Class: Sorercor
 Race: Half Elf.

Bans on spell use: Necromancy will not use necromancy. Summoning spells for cannon fodder purposes.
 Align: LG,NG,N
Will not willingly trade in items of an evil or necromatic nature. Will not use curses or hexs. "remove curse exceptions"

Recommended Feats:
  Martial weapons
   Exotic weapons
 Spell penetration
 Comat casting

I only have 10 mins to write this must be off...

Not fiished but want opionions :) considering all the imposed restictions would that give benefits, seems like of paladin type for arcanes. Could there be a fit for that type in potm?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:09:14 PM by WildPirate13 »

failed.bard

Re: What would this magic using class be considered... just curious
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:17:30 PM »
  Looks like a fairly standard melee mage, to be honest.  I don't really see why it would be deserving of any special benefits.

UilliamNebel

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »
To specified, looks more like a specific character concept than any type of specilized character that fits a role, class, or group.

The restriction on Necromancy is rather odd. Giving up the general abilities of the school, but still using what basically makes it necromancy, the summoning or control of undead? Or do you mean will use other summons except undead ones?

The alignment of true neutral shouldn't be in there either because of  "Will not willingly trade in items of an evil or necromatic nature. Will not use curses or hexs. "remove curse exceptions"" It conflicts with the ethical alignment of a true neutral.

Seems more like a arcane magic focused, but under melee powered Ranger that would use shurikens and katannas.

WildPirate13

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 11:41:48 PM »
Necromancy and the use of summoning spells in any fashion is not acceptable to this type. Neutral would be the rare exception. I guess its more of non tainted type caster.
 Meh

Losing summoning and necromancy from a rp perspective make sense. Respect life and all that jazz. Busy as heck again so dont have time to write might want to flesh it out for giggles sometime.

Does lend itself to the wu jen from 2nd edition a touch wizards handbook. Wish I could have made him a monk/sorc but banned here.

Suppose even CG could work depending on the rp of it.

Necromancers have such a strong presence at times its kind of a sorc anti necro lol.

Favith

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 08:12:32 PM »
Wu-Jen was the first thing that came to my mind after reading your description as well. 

Make a fighter/sorc that specializes in Shuriken?  That's probably pretty close to Wu-Jen, if that's your aim. 

arrmuth

• Undead Master
  • Honor is everything.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 12:23:04 AM »
Yup sounds like a Wu Jen to me as well  and the N alignment could fit in. Most Ns dont want evil around because most times its  wanting to kill everything,rule everything or blow up everything. Cant have balance if everything is a smoking crater... Also theres always the belief that what comes around goes around. You spread evil items around its gonna come back on you (which isnt necessarliy N alignment as much as it is common sense.)