Author Topic: MSN Live  (Read 3688 times)

DarkWyvern

MSN Live
« on: August 08, 2009, 03:47:58 PM »
Right. So I updated my MSN Messenger when I received the "There's a new version would you like to update" message. Updated fine, but now the stupid thing refuses to stay logged in.

Meaning, I will "Sign In" and it'll sign me in, then logs me out just as soon as it does. So, any ideas why it may do that or how I can stop it would be greatly appreciated.

Insomnia

• Undead Master
Re: MSN Live
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:02:30 PM »
This is so frustrating! It happens to me too! That's why I use Windows Messenger Classic. Live actually cuts of my internet connection. Any gurus?

failed.bard

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 04:33:15 PM »
  I'm assuming "I use google talk on a Unix system" answers aren't appreciated.

I've never used it, but is there an option in the setting for how long to stay logged in for?

peluscious

• Undead Master
  • The incredible off-topic man!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 04:36:22 PM »
Looks like either your firewall or antivirus is blocking it. Have you checked it?

DarkWyvern

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 04:37:47 PM »
No. The program just gives you the option to sign in, and to appear or be invisible when signing in.

I've checked both, and that's not the problem. Like Insomnia I can use the older versions, but Live Messenger just doesn't want to stay signed in.

I sign in, that's not the issue but it doesn't stay logged in. Looks like I'm going to have to revert *sigh*

shadymerchant

• Dark Power
  • Legendary Pimp Cat (Circa 1876)
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 04:49:48 PM »
messenger started completely erroring out at sign in when I updated weeks ago, no matter how many times it was completely reinstalled. Ive been using Digsby since, an msn "emulator" and while it's not great, I sure do appreciate it more than errors at sign in with no explanation.

Kaspar

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 11:17:58 PM »
Can somebody post a link to the installer of an older version for MSN? I'm having problems with Live too..

DarkWyvern

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »
Try this one

http://filehippo.com/download_msn_messenger/1408/

Its 8.0 which works for me

Kaspar

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 05:52:49 PM »
Keeps telling me to update the latest version every time I try to sign in. Any way around this problem? Giving me the issue with what you're using DW.

BeautifulSorcery

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 06:07:43 PM »
trillian or meebo might also work for you if you aren't hard set on having the original MSN

Khuzadrepa

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »
I was also having horrendous troubles with MSN, and I also switched to Digsby.  No major issues with it, and I really like the interface.
aka Warreck Banevich
Dogma of the Morninglord: "Justice comes to all evildoers eventually, not by man's laws, but by your hand and the tortuous paths of fate."

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 09:47:04 PM »
Just switch to skyp and we can have a chat room Il can arrenge so we have people hosting the confrence a few hours each so we can always have it up thus having a potm chat room.

DarkWyvern

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 10:08:00 PM »
I have Skype.

But I do like my MSN. I just reverted to the 8.5 version that isn't Beta. I found out the most recent update is still in beta state.

mayvind

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 06:33:40 AM »
I have same problem, no problem when i use vista.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »
This is why I never update MSN :) Until it forces me to update it.