You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Liz is overpowered.  (Read 15897 times)

Grieyls

• Undead Master
Re: Liz is overpowered.
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2009, 09:34:18 PM »
Make it a Gnome... I'm a Cleric.. RAWR!

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2009, 03:33:30 AM »
Also, for those who call Lizuca overpowered, keep in mind I made her and horatiu to replace the previous NPC who was LEVEL 30.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2009, 05:10:26 AM »
Also, for those who call Lizuca overpowered, keep in mind I made her and horatiu to replace the previous NPC who was LEVEL 30.

I do not think thats what Jana meant in the first place.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2009, 10:54:08 PM »
Yeah ill back up budly I dont think she ment level... :|

Akira Takahashi

• New to the Mists
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2009, 12:50:20 AM »
Only problem would be who the hell would be replacing liz when shifting? lol

Isnt there a ML faction or something? PCs could replace her at night, and she could come back in the morning, would give the people of the faction something to do for their Church besides slay undead and pray and such
Akira Takahashi: Rokuman Monk

Rixula

• Undead Slayer
  • The holiness its not in your you fool, its in me!
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2009, 04:01:38 AM »
What jana meant was how often liz can use greater restoration, heals and raises that is unlimited amount right now.

"Sometimes, when you feel alone it is the time when you are most thought of"

Shinkuhado

• Outlander
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2009, 05:58:09 PM »
I did not agree totally with the last post. LEAVE Liz alone the main people that complain about NPCs that are too powerful are one-people who are high level and don't ha to worry so much about dying and two- people that want to run around and attck others with out fear of getting their asses kicked by a DM controlled NPC...high levels need someone to fear besides the DMs so leave the NPCs as thy are so that there will be some order...

Thank you
 :lol:

Pepchko

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2009, 11:28:51 PM »
Only problem would be who the hell would be replacing liz when shifting? lol

Isnt there a ML faction or something? PCs could replace her at night, and she could come back in the morning, would give the people of the faction something to do for their Church besides slay undead and pray and such

thats actually a real awesome idea, and i dont think its hard to implement. as is many of the vendors are on a script that makes them walk out and disappear between the night hours. though i dont think it will be considered do to the fact that the outskirts were designed to be a hub for new players. and having her disappear would probably send a bad impression/message to new players

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »
I like the ML faction idea as well, but perhaps one could have a limit on how many cures on Liz or she could use a lesser version such as cure critical wounds. One could have it so that there is a lesser cleric at night, one who could cast cure serious wounds and raise dead, but not all the stuff Liz can do thus relying on players.

Also on another related note, what of the chance to spawn a skeleton or some other sort of undead in the temple? for is not raise dead supposed to be a risky spell in ravenloft?

failed.bard

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2009, 12:00:56 AM »
  I think if priests were rotated in the outskirts temple, it should actually be the lesser priests during the day.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2009, 08:50:07 AM »
I think the priests in the temples should be demanding the spell components required for each spell.  Would slow down the "Oh I'm Near Dead!"  *sprints for Liz heals up charges back into battle* just a bit, since all she really uses are the High end spells that take material components.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2009, 09:34:06 AM »
I think the priests in the temples should be demanding the spell components required for each spell.  Would slow down the "Oh I'm Near Dead!"  *sprints for Liz heals up charges back into battle* just a bit, since all she really uses are the High end spells that take material components.

~Rex

:thumbup:

vlowe72

• Undead Master
  • If you bore me, I shall take my revenge.
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2009, 11:44:49 AM »
I like the ML faction idea as well, but perhaps one could have a limit on how many cures on Liz or she could use a lesser version such as cure critical wounds. One could have it so that there is a lesser cleric at night, one who could cast cure serious wounds and raise dead, but not all the stuff Liz can do thus relying on players.

Also on another related note, what of the chance to spawn a skeleton or some other sort of undead in the temple? for is not raise dead supposed to be a risky spell in ravenloft?

Just one thing I need to point out.  Currently only one active ML priest with a high enough level to cast raise dead and restoration that I know about.

And now ladies and gentlemen comes the time where I relieve you of the burden of your failed and useless lives.  But if you gotta go, go with a smile!

failed.bard

« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2009, 12:57:10 PM »
Restoration is a 4th level spell only.  Greater Restoration is excessive, and isn't needed.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »
Restoration is a 4th level spell only.  Greater Restoration is excessive, and isn't needed.

What they need is to have Liz cast Implosion on anyone that runs at her for casting while Near dead.

~Rex

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »
Greater restoration saves me the extra conversation of having to ask to have my disease removed AND my health restored!

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2009, 05:49:12 AM »
Giving Liz Restoration instead of Greater Restoration would make it hard for people to remove curses.

I fully approve.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2009, 07:06:43 AM »
Giving Liz Restoration instead of Greater Restoration would make it hard for people to remove curses.

I fully approve.

I fail to see the benefit.

Maryn

• Dark Power
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2009, 09:37:39 AM »

~Rex

I think since Liz is really a resource for low level characters, basic healing should stay how it is. However, things like raise dead, ressurrection? I'm all for requiring material components.

marlewebber

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2009, 10:20:13 AM »
Maybe monstrous PCs should be allowed to strike NPCs like Lizuca down.  It would be pretty scary to get chased into the temple, only to find the temple priest eviscerated.

...or try to flee into the Mists only to find the Vistani captain slain.  :nono:  (don't try this at home)

Obviously some roleplay should exist for these scenerios, simply offing the NPC to inconvenience others could be grief-ish, but on the other hand, it's perfectly In Character to remove something that your enemy might rely on.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2009, 11:15:58 AM »
Maybe monstrous PCs should be allowed to strike NPCs like Lizuca down.  It would be pretty scary to get chased into the temple, only to find the temple priest eviscerated.

...or try to flee into the Mists only to find the Vistani captain slain.  :nono:  (don't try this at home)

Obviously some roleplay should exist for these scenerios, simply offing the NPC to inconvenience others could be grief-ish, but on the other hand, it's perfectly In Character to remove something that your enemy might rely on.

While Liz is certainly, out of her scope of power so to speak, I wouldn't let the Monster PC's remove her out of hand (without a major event), simply because the average Monster PC, is even more so removed in scope of power then what Liz is.  There are a couple of exceptions to this but not many.  <-----Standard Disclaimer before the stoning begins.

~Rex 

marlewebber

« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2009, 11:47:32 AM »
One thing I just thought of, is that if there weren't NPC priests taking up available roles, PCs could enjoy being a highly sought after Cleric of the Morninglord.   Rather like taking potions out of the game it could be like handing over a role, that can be filled by a player, instead of an inexhaustible robot.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »
One thing I just thought of, is that if there weren't NPC priests taking up available roles, PCs could enjoy being a highly sought after Cleric of the Morninglord.   Rather like taking potions out of the game it could be like handing over a role, that can be filled by a player, instead of an inexhaustible robot.

There's plenty PC's CAN do, but, as proven in PW after PW you can't have them hold the Highest tippity top positions, because PC's are people, and people get bored and wander off, or RL makes them do so for other reasons, then you end up with no one in that slot, and a crowd of folks wondering, WTF can we do now?

It's sort of like the issue of a DM run faction when the DM vanishes for one reason or another.  When the guy with the house keys, doesn't show up to let you in the house, it sort of cramps the play of the moment.  hence, you want to keep upper level stuff, as general as possible, while allowing PC's to do all the middle management they want, on their own effort.

~Rex

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2009, 01:28:03 PM »

I fully approve.

Benefit = Curses are actually something people  have to put in effort to be rid of, and something that would be avoided if it weren't just a matter of nipping to the area everyone seems to run across twice every day anyway and getting a free spell off the priest.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2009, 05:17:32 PM »

I fully approve.

Benefit = Curses are actually something people  have to put in effort to be rid of, and something that would be avoided if it weren't just a matter of nipping to the area everyone seems to run across twice every day anyway and getting a free spell off the priest.

I think all it would do is make curses the preferred method for pissing people off.