Author Topic: Writings of an Elf - Sylas Lerilonde  (Read 1712 times)

kyoung2200

• Undead Slayer
Writings of an Elf - Sylas Lerilonde
« on: July 25, 2009, 04:10:57 AM »
I have not done well in keeping to my entries, for this land has kept me on my toes.  In fact, I do not believe I have made an entry since arriving here.  Though I wish not to transcribe all the moments since my arrival, I'll just write what comes to mind, and see where that takes me.

Since arriving here, I've managed to make many friends.  Boris was one of the first, though his presence has been lacking lately.  I've not seen the dwarf in a week's time, and that is most unlike him.  I do worry for him, something I thought I'd never do for a dwarf.  Though, Boris grew on me, and I learned to trust him.  Him, and his face, as he charged into battle.  I can only pray that he has somehow found a way out of this world.  Yes, that's what happened.  He found a way out.

Mick is an interesting human, though he seems to not fear death to a fault.  He wanders outside the safety of the temple at night.  Then again, the temple isn't necessarily that safe either.  Not lately.  But I digress, Mick thinks with his greatsword and not his head.  He seems near emotionless at times, but he's a good sword to have around.

Amhas.  Amhas was the first to show me any sort of generosity (or was it pity?) upon my arrival.  He offered me a bow that his lover once owned.  He thought her dead, and wished it to get some use.  The next time I saw him, however, he was happily standing next to his love.  She had apparently not died at all.  I offered the bow back, but both he and she insisted that I keep it.  A good man.

"Knife" as she wishes I would call her.  I won't write her name here, in the event that I lose this journal and someone reads it (and if you are reading this right now, could you please return my journal to me?  I would appreciate that).  A very mysterious woman.  Very mysterious, but she, too, has been extremely kind to me, often stealing me away from wherever I am for drinks at the Lady's Resting Place.  She has made it very clear to me that something troubles her.  I worry for her, I do, but she is a strong woman.  I know that if my help can ever be used, she would ask for it.  I hope.

Kellindrea.  She has been most kind to me as well, though I have only met her acquaintance twice now.  However, she has helped me greatly in one of my latest endeavors.  An endeavor that I most definitely could not embark on by myself.  She has taught me many things about the art.  She's not bad on the eyes, either!

Ingwulf.  Or as I call him, Wulf.  This man is very interesting.  He speaks a lot about Jotens and Odin, things that are very well known from where he is from, although I can't recall the name of the place.  Regardless, he has quickly become a good friend of mine.  We ventured down into the beetle's lair the other day.  He had unfortunatelly fell to a horde of beetles in the hive mothers' room.  After tactfully dispensing of them (which, by the way, took a lot out of me!), I was able to drag his corpse all the way back into the temple.  There, Merielle helped me bring him to life.  Wulf has a big heart, and a shield to match its size.

Merielle.  She seems to get lost in her own mind a lot, but she has a heart of gold.  She's always willing to lend a hand to help, no matter what.  There's really not much else to say.  She's an all around good person.

Celor is one that I don't know much about just yet, but he's helped me out a few times.  He's strictly advised me to stay inside during the night hours, and not just to stay away from the were-creatures.  Something happened a few nights ago involving a drow.  Her red eyes are still fresh in my mind; a thought I doubt I'll ever escape.  He obviously has my best interest in mind.  I think.

For now I will close these pages, in hopes that my pen soon stains them with its ink not far from now.  I should not neglect writing as I have recently done so.  T'is good for one to reflect, much as I have done now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:56:01 PM by kyoung2200 »
::No longer posting under this account.  Using account named Swiftar::

kyoung2200

• Undead Slayer
Re: Writings of an Elf - Sylas Leralond
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:06:23 PM »
And so I revisit these pages.  Perhaps I should start to date my entries to keep track of what thoughts I had when.  A calendar is out of reach of me at the moment, so I won't be starting that with this entry.  Perhaps the next entry, though.

In these past few days, a small bit has happened.  I've met a new kin, one named Melzaren.  He's quiet, calculative, and plainly stated.  Although he appears to appreciate humor, he rarely shows it.  In fact, I've seen a smile grace him maybe once or twice, and it was faint and faded shortly after I had noticed it.  A peculiar elf indeed.  Seems to be a decent person, though.

I have spoken with "Knife" again.  She went in to more detail about what troubles her, and I was only able to offer what advice I could from the cryptic information she had given me.  I never know if it's enough, or if it's too much.  She did seem to enjoy our talks, though.  I only hope that some day soon she can walk around without having to hide her face and who she is.  After conversing with her, some woman was standing there watching us.  After a small bit of banter (which, if I may say so myself, I had the upper hand in), she vacated the area.  Such blind hatred for my kind, and only because of what I am, not who I am or what I've done.  Perhaps their tone would change if the situation arose where one of their lives were in jeopardy, and I had the opportunity to save them.  Then again, I'm not so sure I would save some of them.

I met with Kellindrea again, but not on business.  This was more personal.  She, Melzaren, and I were talking through all hours of the night, enjoying a meal and drinks.  One of the garda joined us, but he seemed extremely uncomfortable with the situation, despite our best efforts to accomodate him.  Regardless, upon sunrise, Kellindrea and I walked westward.  We found ourselves a nice spot along the river, and sat and talk for even more hours, though these conversations were more along the lines of revealing personal information, rather than typical bar smalltalk.  She is a very charming lady, and I find myself drawn to her.  However, I must remain focused on what she is teaching me.  I do not want to lose focus, and end up failing to grasp what she is trying to teach me.  Must remain focused.  Focused.  Perhaps in another time and another place.  But there's always time for... Focused.  I am focused.

Still no sign of Boris.  He must have escaped these lands somehow.  Must have escaped.  Yes.

My writings end here for now.  I have symbols to practice.

kyoung2200

• Undead Slayer
Re: Writings of an Elf - Sylas Lerilonde
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 02:47:57 AM »
I hate them.  Every last one of those filthy Calibans, I hate them.  Oh how I wish I was more seasoned in my skills.  I would have loved to just shove two arrows right through that bitch's eyes; one for each eye.  Preying on the weak like that.  As soon as I train more, as soon as I'm more seasoned, I will find each and every last one of those bastards who were there; who tried to make her their slave.

I will find them.
I will kill them.
I will skin them.
I will fasten a belt with their skin.
I will wear it proudly.

They will regret it.

Pardon my anger, journal of mine.  It has been a long few days, and I wish not to spoil your pages with thoughts of vengeance and such.  A few unfortunate incidents happened to me and some of my friends.  First, Ingwulf, Hunter, Melzaren, Kellindrea, and I were attacked by werewolves (or was it one? I cannot remember) outside of the temple.  Wulf and I fell, but the other two managed to get away.  With the help of everyone there, and my friend Knife, I was able to return to the living.  The time between my death and my resurrection is all a blur.  I have visions in my mind, but I cannot make heads nor tails of them.  They are just splotches of color and words.  More like whispers, actually.  I cannot even make that out.

The other thing that happened, well.  Long story short, Kellindrea was kidnapped by a small group of Caliban while we were on our way to Degannwy.  I was helpless, as one of them held a sword to my throat.  I was also unable to track them as they left, as they made good use of invisibility.  Tricky bastards.  After finding Hunter and assembling a bit of a "rescue crew," we tracked our way to where they were.  Alana eventually used her charm and her purse to free Kellindrea.  It saddened and angered me to see that she had been stripped of some clothing and injured during her captivity.  Some day, they will undoubtedly pay for that.  Mark the words on this page.  There, I marked them myself.  It will happen.

Journal, I'm closing these pages.  My anger is rising again, and I have Mary and Melzaren waiting for me downstairs.

kyoung2200

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 02:56:07 PM »
A new day where I can finally put all that happened yesterday behind me.  I'm feeling much more calm since the events, but there is one more thing I want to write before my journey starts for today.

Last night, I went with Hunter, Melzaren, and a new friend Ain'a to Degannwy for dinner.  Ain'a is as close to a native elf I've met thus far, although she isn't actually from here.  She's lived here for "many many many" years.  She's even met the Count.  An enviable meeting, as Hunter said.

Moving on to Hunter.  Apparently I have been too obvious in my fondness of Kellindrea.  He directly confronted me about it, in front of Ain'a and Melzaren.  I struggled to answer some his questions, taken aback by his forwardness in the questions.  As soon as I found my feet, I stood firm.  "I am focused," I told him, "I am focused."  He seemed a bit amused by this statement, and asked me if I was "focused on the lessons, or the teacher."  I've been far too obvious, apparently.  Through this little interaction, I could already feel emotions swelling up inside of me that I had not felt in a while.  Mind you, not the emotions of pain and suffering that I wish to inflict upon those Caliban, no no.  These were different emotions.  The uplifting sensation you get when the one you long for flashes a smile at you.  When she places a hand on your shoulder or leans on you for comfort.

Hunter was right, I suppose.  I'm far too focused on her, and not what she's trying to teach me.  Perhaps it is time I step back and take it down a notch for a small while, and pursue my other trainings more fully.  T'is probably best for the both of us.

kyoung2200

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 05:23:55 PM »
Well look at that.  I've ignored your presence yet again, journal of mine, and yet so much has transpired in these past few weeks.  Though one thing in particular has had me at edge for a while now.  Bugs.

You see, a few weeks ago, some travelers and I ventured out into the darkness (I know, I know...) to investigate what was apparently a neuri pack (I said I know already!).  However, when we got there, we found a druidess.  After some growling and grunting, we were attacked by vampires.  I'm going to make a long story short and say that after the vampires, an old man exploded into thousands of little bugs.  One of them buried up into me and was cut out.  Later on, another one buried into me from up under the temple and took control of my body.  I was then promptly SET ON FIRE.  Yeah.  Set on fire.  But it worked, as the heat apparently killed the thing inside of me.  I have these "nifty" little burn marks all over my body now, too.  I'm sure that will help me win her affection.  Good going, Sylas.

Speaking of her, it was good to meet up and have a few drinks with her the other day.  Haven't done that in a while.  She mentioned something about the "Time of Darkness" or something or other, and she seemed quite spooked by it.  Her friend didn't seem as spooked as she, and he wrote it off as some sort of religious scam to scare people into faith.  Atleast that's how I interpreted what he said.  I myself don't know.  There has been a lot of stuff going on lately.

Lastly I want to mention Mick.  That idiot is going to get me killed one of these days.  After a bit of a failed excursion into the Sullen Woods when we happened upon a small army of elite undead, we had to carry back one of our friends Tibs.  On our way back (mind you, it was night time) (I KNOW, I KNOW!),  we happened upon three neuri; one of which was exceptionally large.  Mick could not move quickly enough to escape them, so I started shooting at them frantically.  He yelled at me to open the door, so I did so, giving him room to get into the temple.  I kept shooting and shooting, but as soon as he went into the temple, they turned at me.  Luckily, I went around back to the other door and slammed it shut before they could run through.  But did he close his door?  No, of course not.  And one of the neuri ran into the temple.

Not only that, but then he wanted to go back out there!  He wanted to sell his goods for coin, stating that coin was of utmost importance.  I don't know if he gets his jollies off on danger or if he has a death wish, but either way I'm going to carefully choose which of his adventures I accompany him on, keeping in mind the time of day.  I swear it, that man's goal in life is to walk up to a neuri and hug the damn thing.  He's going to get me killed.

These lands, though, they are tough.  I'm usually a very social person, but now I am hesitant to introduce myself to people.  It is odd how thick the racism runs here, especially against my kin.  I heard someone say that the "fey" (that's how they refer to elves) are almost as bad as the witches (those who use magic).  If one of them finds out that I'm a "fey" that is learning "witchcraft," I'm certain I'll be hated almost instantly.

T'is time to put down the pen and get out into the world.  Let us hope that our time apart will not be as long as last time, journal of mine.

Kilaana

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 11:09:26 PM »
//both character and journal made me laugh and cry endlessly. Looking forward to reading more, great job.
Sig by Blacky Rose

"She is dangerous; What will you do? ....I will make her my queen."

kyoung2200

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 05:47:58 PM »
Journal!  Hi!  I did it!  I casted my first spell!  It was pretty... ... magical... ...yeah.  Well.  Anyway, it worked!  All this time, all this effort, all these lessons, have finally paid off.  I've been able to successfully cast an arcane spell!  Hah!  I know that for some leather and a bunch of pieces of paper you must be curious, so I will go ahead and satisfy your artificial curiosity by telling you exactly which spell it was.  It was Magic Weapon and Mage Armor!  That's right.  I can cast those now.  Maybe I'm good enough for what they tell me my father was, afterall?

And then the other day, Sable and Vasten took me into the mountains to some city called Krofsburg, or something like that.  It was beautiful!  The rushing river was nigh freezing cold, but that didn't bother me at all.  I nearly jumped into it, fully armored.  Oh, how I miss those days by the rivers as we traveled across Faerun.  Shooting arrows into the stream to catch fish.  Drinking from the stream.  Bathing in the stream as the sun shines down on the water, birds flying overhead.  Yes, this place brought back many of those memories.  I will have to visit it again sometime soon.  The trek up the mountains is a long one, but it is definitely worth it.

Also, on the way up to the mountain, this raven kept following me.  It watched me for a good while.  I don't know why, or what it was doing, but it kept doing it.  And again, today, I saw the same raven in the outskirts.  This time, it came up to me and perched itself on my shoulder.  We made eye contact and I swear to you, journal, I could read its thoughts.  I could tell what it wanted, and it wanted to travel with me.  Why?  I'm not sure.  It flew away as soon as some people started coming over.  I'll have to keep an eye out for this raven.

Anyway!  I have some things to go do!  I'll write on your face later, journal.

kyoung2200

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »
I sit here... lost... an unfamiliar place.  It's cold.  The walls of these caves are lined with inscriptions.  I have only a few arrows, but my bowstring has been snapped, and I've not anything to replace it with.  How did I even get here?  And where are my pants?  The slight breeze is disturbing yet enjoyable all in the same moment.  But I'd still rather have my pants.

These spells I've been practicing don't last long.  I can get a short bit of light each day, and with that light I move slowly within these caves.  They are dark.  Very dark.  Even I can only see just barely in front of me...

Where am I?  What will these caves hold? 

Gahds, what I'd do for some chili...

kyoung2200

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 12:40:48 AM »
It's been many moons since I've spoken to anyone, and even longer since I've had a proper bath.  My clothes are tattered, my feet are calloused, and my training hasn't progressed.  Before I left for the forests, I was being trained by two people.  One was helping me learn the magic arts.  I managed to get a firm grasp on the basics of these arts.  I can cast cantrips with ease, and some lower level spells.  The other person I was talking to was a real Arcane Archer!  A real one!  I've never spoken with one before, but she said that with what I know now, that would be enough to train as one.

With her words of wisdom, I set out into the forests to train, and train I have.  I feel I'm near the ability to channel energies into my bow and let the weave guide the arrow.  I can feel it so close, but there's something missing.

Perhaps it's time I head back into civilization.  Hood up, head down, and bow at my side.

I hope this isn't a mistake.