Author Topic: A little help for a newcomer  (Read 2525 times)

S@ndman

• New to the Mists
A little help for a newcomer
« on: July 24, 2009, 01:38:11 PM »
Hello everybody!

That's my first post on this forum, so nice to meet you all. Actually, I'm a newcomer at the persistent world too. I have played NWN some years ago, but since NWN2 came out, I never launched NWN again. Until I've discovered the Prisioners of the Myst...
So, I decided to install again my old NWN titles and all the other stuffs that are necessary to play at The Myst. I’ve downloaded all the files on the download section and the installations (NWN, SotU, HotU, patch 1.69 and CEP 2.2) went just fine… I’ve started the game and was able to connect to the server without issues, even having a Windows Vista - 64 bit, but when I begin to create my character, I can’t see the modifications made by CEP, like new races to choose, customized heads, new classes and etc. It seems like CEP isn’t installed, but actually it is. I searched on forums if somebody had the same problem, but didn’t find anything… Does anyone know what am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help you could give me…

P.S.: Sorry if I didn’t make myself clear… English is not my first language ;)

Thanks again and see ya at the Domains of Dread!

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
Re: A little help for a newcomer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 01:40:54 PM »
Well my friend in potm we dont have the new races races and such of it and you set up is completly fine just make with what you have thier and go in game and thatll explain the rest.

Insomnia

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:41:41 PM »
There are no custom CEP classes supported here, or CEP races. We have our own custom races, that are either accessible at character creation or through application to the proper channels. The Custom heads can be requested IG for a change by the DMs. Cheers! :) Welcome to the Mists.

Kaldo

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 05:19:50 PM »
  It seems you already have the answer for Classes and Races but about the new heads, they used to apeear with no texture, all white, or with a metalic texture. I found the solution here : http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=454730&forum=49&sp=45 on the 10th post of that page, by ncc 386 but if it isn't in that post you will most likely find it in that page anyway. Also, are you sure you placed your files on the hak/override folders?

Oh, and Welcome.

S@ndman

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 05:33:03 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for the replies! I thought that races like Half-Vistani and Caliban were available in game by using CEP, so that was my misunderstanding. Yes Kaldo, the setup were just fine, I used the auto exe and it finished without issues... By the way, nice forum you have here, I'll surely come again... But now, it's time to create a new char, join the game  and learn more about the Myst... :lol:

Thanks  again, see ya!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:36:00 PM by S@ndman »

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 06:52:27 PM »
Good luck outlander youll need it.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 07:46:18 PM »
I cant belive Vista didnt hate on NWN2 like it did on me you got lucky. I had to tinker with mine to get it to run right with Vista.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 08:15:07 PM »
NWN2 is absolutely gorgeous on a powerful vista machine. it takes advantage of DX10
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 07:39:56 AM »
NWN2 is absolutely gorgeous on a powerful vista machine. it takes advantage of DX10

You sure about that? I'm pretty certain the rendering engine is pure DX9, but I might be wrong.