Author Topic: PVP... why I Hesitate.  (Read 19368 times)

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
Re: PVP... why I Hesitate.
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2009, 02:54:01 PM »
when one shows mercy icly and pretty much get burned later for trying to put story/rp/experience/continued antagonism in the future for all, over 'winning'...  Well, it does tend to put a person off future interactions, and it's hard knowing that you might be trying to play fair, but the other guy is not.  What is 'fair' is rather subjective of course but some situations are clearer than others.

That's why I personally do talk ooc before the antagonism or CvC conflict even if it doesn't lead to physical altercation, because the drama ought to stay ic, yet so very often there's more drama oocly than in for such actions, I don't consider that worth the rp.

I have a lot of respect for players who have Garda characters, who are behaving entirely ic, yet get more ooc drama than ic reactions to what happens as a result.   It's quite possible to be oocly supportive of the Garda faction and what they add to setting yet still 'hate them' ic.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

eyeofpestilence

• Dark Power
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2009, 12:56:59 AM »
No one purposely goes into a fight to loose. So why would they not use their talents to their best advantage? IKD spamming Fighter. Death Spell flinging Wizard and Clerics. DA and SA Assassin and Rogues. Uber buffed up summonings from Druids. Each can beat any other class if they fight to their advantage. If they so choose.

Fact: No Rogue or Assassin would straight up fight a Fighter, Wizard, or Cleric. That's suicidal.
Honestly I don't understand why the class bashing for their specific strengths? It's what they do. But each has their own weakness. A fight -can- beat a wizard if he prepairs. It's tactics. To say anything else with a whoa is me attitude is closed minded.

Yep plethora of spell casters on the server. Makes the game easier. Some players like easy. [shrugs]

Thanks DW!

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2009, 02:34:42 AM »
(and really the only repercussion for you killing a pc, is ooc retribution that goes on for years)

Ha ha! Ain't that the damned truth.

Rixula

• Undead Slayer
  • The holiness its not in your you fool, its in me!
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2009, 05:14:55 PM »
Damned damned...true...

"Sometimes, when you feel alone it is the time when you are most thought of"

Vokan

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2009, 05:45:42 PM »
(and really the only repercussion for you killing a pc, is ooc retribution that goes on for years)

Ha ha! Ain't that the damned truth.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Well said, good sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar. :awesomeface: