You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Exhaustion and how it really works.  (Read 1585 times)

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
Exhaustion and how it really works.
« on: July 15, 2009, 04:42:14 AM »
Hey, Making a new topic on this system in hope to get a few answers on how it really works IG and IC.
Please people keep this topic clean and not turn it it to another tavern spam fest ;)

What i do wonder and that i feel our characters actually would know...

What stats is the exhaustion based upon?
Is armour a matter of how fast you get exhausted?
Is equipment weight a factor? (to be overburden i know effects you)

I asks this as it sometimes do seem my character that use a fullplate but with a better CON  gets exhausted faster then my character in leather armour but with a lower CON, Both have the same STR and carry about the same weight in the inventory.

This is a few question that i keep ask me self and to better understand the system and how it works and how to play and adapt to the system a few answers from them that do actually fully know how the system works would be great :D

I mean, if carry a full plate armour affect you to get exhausted faster my character IG would actually know such, and also if so...if i travel i might strap of the armour and put on some lighter clothing to be able to travel futher before i get exhausted.

Again, try keep this topic clean please as i do want a topic on this system that actually tells you more about how it works.

//Thanks.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: Exhaustion and how it really works.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 05:05:23 AM »
Good idea I figure.

Here's a few facts:

• The system ticks once every minute to check the characters current activity.
  • The system works by storing an exhaustion value on the character, that will gradually rise and descend. Upon reaching certain values, the exhaustion effects are applied.
  • Resting resets the exhaustion value.
  • The system only takes carried weight into account if it exceeds maximum encumbrance.
  • The system takes constitution into account when calculating the amount of encumbrance, but the effect is minor.
  • The system takes barbarian endurance into account, giving a small bonus.
  • The system penalizes fighting and casting spells a bit more than just running.
  • The system favours standing still a bit more than walking.
  • The system always count area transitioning as running.
  • The system does not take worn armour into account.
  • The system is designed so that it generally permits to running long distances, and generally permits fighting long fights, but penalizes running long distances and fighting long fights in conjunction or constantly interchanging, without pause.

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 06:40:00 AM »
This sure aid's alot, My thanks for this Info :D

Aran

• Undead Master
  • Into the storm with teeth bared !
    • vikings rule
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 07:39:12 AM »
damn im still in awe of the scripting here *bows*

Jon

Aran: Deceased......twice
Arakor: the void within that chills the heart
Markos Donarew: the broken husk
Bronk: ADHD
Marg: the silent hand that kills

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 08:31:20 AM »
Good idea I figure.

Here's a few facts:

• The system ticks once every minute to check the characters current activity.
  • The system works by storing an exhaustion value on the character, that will gradually rise and descend. Upon reaching certain values, the exhaustion effects are applied.
  • Resting resets the exhaustion value.
  • The system only takes carried weight into account if it exceeds maximum encumbrance.
  • The system takes constitution into account when calculating the amount of encumbrance, but the effect is minor.
  • The system takes barbarian endurance into account, giving a small bonus.
  • The system penalizes fighting and casting spells a bit more than just running.
  • The system favours standing still a bit more than walking.
  • The system always count area transitioning as running.
  • The system does not take worn armour into account.
  • The system is designed so that it generally permits to running long distances, and generally permits fighting long fights, but penalizes running long distances and fighting long fights in conjunction or constantly interchanging, without pause.
So basically, Grinding Bad.  Pretty impressive set of Variables there.  Soren = Epic Scripter.

~Rex

Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 08:51:12 AM »
Explains why Krill, my 8th level pure Barbarian with a 16 CON, has never ever been entirely exhausted. Love seeing Barbarian endurance included, keeps one of the classes unique qualities advantageous. And I second the props to the level of scripting. Really great job on this and all systems. 8)
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »
Soren Is a level 40 39 levels of scripter and a level of barb so he gets rage.

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »
Oooh.

What would be good?

Is if when a character was raging when the server ticked, it would knock their exhaustion up a lot. Along with this would be an increase to the bonus of Barbarian Endurance.

After all, in PnP Barbarians are Fatigued after Rage.