You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Pergorium (pergo) Hairyfeet  (Read 1031 times)

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
Pergorium (pergo) Hairyfeet
« on: July 13, 2009, 11:27:07 PM »
lets see lets see ah yes here it is the story of a halfling who's luck never seemed to end...or did it end?

pergo wasnt very old when he and his brother fergo lived in green top dale, it was a great area to live in, there were alot of trees a big open plain were the farmers grew there foods and a stream running trough it providing the halfling village with water, when the young brothers went fishing it was not hard to find a spot as the water was so clear youd see the fish swim around.

now you have to know for those who have met pergo he wasnt always evil sadistic cruel and nuts, infact he used to be kind helpfull and very cheery but events changed that as i will explain later on.

ofcourse pergo and fergo who did not lived alone as all creatures they came from parents, his father was a hunter and delivered the dead animals to his uncle who was a butcher not a bad living if i may say so, the mother took care of pergo's and fergo's sister and ofcourse the two brothers, it was a family of 7 wich in there village ment luck on its self.

the young brothers always looked out for there sisters and eachother they had it good fine apples from the tree near there house and lots of places to play, pergo and fergo were one day out and about exploring the borders of there region wich was actually off limits but heey you know kids they hardly ever listen, was a good day sun was shining slight breeze a very good day indeed, the two headed back home when they discovered somthing wasnt right, they heared screams they saw black smoke, they looked in horror as they saw bodies chewed to bits or simply mutelated and dead on the floor so far they saw no survivors yet beside the ones in the distand screaming for tere lives.

the two young halflings ran towards home as fast they could there father lay dead with his bow beside him, inside the colapsed house lay there mother who was breathing her lasts breaths, she had told them to look for the sisters and run till they could run no more, the boy's cried and picked there mother up to lay with there father so she could die beside her husband, they went sneaking around for there sisters but all they saw were burning houses colapsed houses and dead halflings or parts of halflings they once knew, hours passed as they searched and searched the screams stopped they looked around and figured it was save to run trough the village instead of sneaking, they ran and ran around a building till suddenly they both ran into somthing and fell to the ground, pergo lifted his head to see what kind of wall they hit it seemed like a leg and to his suprise it was a leg.

the creature looked down in suprise that he left two hins alive, it had horns was all black it looked like a shadow yet it was solid teeth that seemed like short swords, the poor halfling village stood no chance as they had no soldiers only craftsmen.
but as i said he looked at them suprised then amused, he....it told them that what they seek wasnt around anymore and that they will be spared as they would have a use, pergo and fergo who crapped there pants by now looked at eachother terrefied saw the shadow demon vanish.

took them half an hour befor they dared moving they got up and went home to find new pants looking trough the rubble the got lucky, they searched for there sisters but none were found not alive nor death.
they took the arrows and bow of there father wich he used to hunt with, they burried there parents and left the town after a few days.

days went by untill they saw some sort of stone settlement it was huge in there eyes, but infact it was a human settlement they went in and there lives would change more and more from there on, but thats a story for next time.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
Re: Pergorium (pergo) Hairyfeet
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:43:45 AM »
lets see village burned....*flips trough pages* went out to see the human settlement aaah yes thats were i stopped.

*coughs*
as i was saying the two entered this human city and were looked upon as if poeple had something to fear from then, little did they know that halflings were often seen as thieves or assasins due to there small stature.

with no coins to use and nothing else to spare they had a finacial problem and food was needed, your probably thinking why not go out of town look for a boar to shoot with the bow and drink from a river or somthing, but these halflings were infact just kids who had seen a great tragedy.

pergo who was a about a year older then his younger brother fergo tried making an honest living but it was simply not the live that was made possible in such a city, not untill fergo started starving from hunger he became a thief he stole apples  and pie's meat drinks, that went on for a few years now and then they got caugth but luck was always on there side, and they had a great deal of it.

not untill there 4th year in the city they ran into some other thieves who were mugging a noble couple that there city lives would change, as they ran into the thieves who saw them comming with apples and sorts in there hands and angry merchants behind them that trouble started, they ran past the muggers but the muggers trew somthing at there legs and they fell flat on there faces, the muggers chaced the merchants off as there where part of a well known thieves guild.

the leader of the group walked to the two hins inspected them as the struggled to get loose by the time they did get loose they had weapons aimed at there troaths, you might think it would be unlucky for the two hins but luck would not leave them that day.
they were captured but with a good purpose after a month they were offered to join them and train with them and so they did.

months and months passed and they had there first hit as new fresh trained assasins with a talent for it, a gaurd captain  now i must be honest the guild leader did not expect the two to survive this atempt and yet they did and heres how.

they sneaked into the building wich went well i must admid they had a talent for this they sneaked trough the rooms and past the gaurds with ease, they picked the lock and sneaked into the room fergo trapped the door as pergo got ready with his short sword and looked at the guy that would be his very first kill.

were you waiting for fergo whispered in halfling tongue.

....give me a moment pergo said anoyed to his little brother.

hurry up i think hes waking up.....i got the rope ready to get down the bedroom window (wich was locked).

good good then we are ready?

yes we are ready kill the human already thats what were here for and thats why we aint out of here yet fergo said with a louder whisper.

pergo put the blade close to the neck of the gaurd captain whos live had to end cause he wasnt bribable, i cant pergo said alas not in a whisper the gaurd captain opend his eyes and looked at pergo as he wanted to get up fergo jumped the captain and told his brother to cut him now or they would be cut themselfs, pergo sighed and cut the neck of the captain who died quick, they left trough the rope knowing they got lucky once more the day after they heared more gaurds got killed by the fire trap that was planted and that there had been alot of damage due to the fire.

there names would rise as more kills they made, pergo had gotten intrested in shadows cause of his past.
he stole books from wizards and came across some sort of training that would allow him to be a master of shadows he became obsessed with it, he kept showing fergo pages and they talked about it first it was to find out who or what had killed there village but as time passed it turned into a hunger for power and controll, they began getting better at there kills they were called those who walk among shadows even there elder assasins became weary of them.
but as always luck helped them again.

....luck luck luck.....is it me or do these two got alot of it? *shrugs* oohwell back to the story.

few months passed and the elder ones discussed a plot to kill the two hairyfeets, they were sended out to do a job but meanwhile the gaurds had made a move on the thieves guild they raided the building killed and captured the thieves none escaped...except....go on gues!  yup if you thought about the two hairyfeets on a mission then you were correct.

they were on the streets in the shadows and they catched on the rumors of their headquarters beeing raided by gaurds, they decided to leave town befor they would get caugth and so they set out for a new city with new victems.

they stumbled upon benzor now you poeple do know benzor right?, if not it is a small town of sorts human settlement as most towns are.
well there they started there killing again and making fame and a bit of fortune to, they robbed traveling heroes merchants all they could with often good succes alas they grew more vile and more evil as they became more and more like the shadows they have been studying, they would now maim there victems letting them slowly die and enjoy it as they saw there victems draw there last breaths.

there succes got interupted and i supose all luck runs out at some point and so did thiers, the kahjit wars came and were difrant from there normal merchants and wandering heroes, yes these khajit were somthing else food wasnt easy to come by so they had to steal some.......trondor was not a good place to steal they got captured and tortured drained of life and given life to repeat the same proces over and over, the whole war they had been toys and were left for death when the khajit got defeaten by the heroes of nordock........the two brothers did made it out alive, they where now closer to the shadows but still alive.
the oldest pergo wandered around for food and victems to robb when the street suddenly got filled with mist, he started to hide but as we all know the mists take what they want to take, and thus the halfling ended up in barovia the question remains would the dark powers make this halfling stronger or will they be his end....

// end of story for now till i get new insperation and new adventures but this is the start of it all hope you liked it
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:35:14 AM by dutchy »
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company