You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Craft Trap  (Read 1937 times)

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
Craft Trap
« on: June 24, 2009, 10:46:06 PM »
The system is not disabled, but is nearly impossible since the rolls are performed with a skill that cannot be bought, so you just get your abillity modifier. :S

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
Re: Craft Trap
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 10:51:49 PM »
Make realy basic traps then! *two thumbs up*

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »
Now this is a system that should really be put in place.
The crafting skill ain't work, and nor have a crafting system for it been put in place yet.
Well it work but you can never get better in it...so you will never be able to make strong traps.

This system should be in put in to the server as soon as possible, we have crafting systems for about everything but nothing for such a common thing as traps!

A system to be able to craft traps have been requested and asked for as long as i have played on this server, and i for once miss to be able to make traps, specially with my rogue and ranger characters that in many situations might depend on the use of traps.

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 06:37:29 PM »
 :thumbup:

Heck, if Rogues had some holy traps, they might have a use for being taken along on an undead dungeon!

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 08:28:23 PM »
yes i really would like this to work....rogues use traps assasins use traps.......would add so much.

problem is how we stop someone from grieffing WITH traps.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Kaspar

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:01:53 PM »
yes i really would like this to work....rogues use traps assasins use traps.......would add so much.

problem is how we stop someone from grieffing WITH traps.

Strong-Deadly traps already sell in certain parts of the server. So somebody could 'grief' with them already.  :P

Smitehammer

• Undead Slayer
  • Frohe Weihnachten
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:33:51 PM »
Have them disappear after so long in a map empty of people.  If a rogue puts a trap down and crashes before he can remove it or get the evil evil monsters to follow him and hit the trap, after a few minutes it just disappears and no harm no foul.

I really want traps, dammit.

Traps and horses.
Wouldn't the world be better off if we took nonsense more seriously?

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 12:15:34 AM »
SCrew traps I want a bleeding mout even though zack already rode into the sunset!

Smitehammer

• Undead Slayer
  • Frohe Weihnachten
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 12:22:47 AM »
Do traps give XP as normal killing of something, or is it different in some way?  If no XP is given by traps this would need to be looked at when implementing a crafting system for this stuff, too.  I would love to see some true Barovian 'trappers' of mink and bear which can actually call themselves trappers and mean it.  It's a good way to roleplay a possible a lawful rogue native.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 12:23:25 AM »
Um but we would need to have traps in the start area then!

dae24

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 02:10:39 AM »
i, too, would like to see traps looked at.

at the moment the whole concept of my charachter is being a trapper. (ranger/rogue.)

i think xp is not being handed out for trap kills, but dont quote me, ive been meaning to test it, will try tomorrow.

i suspect one reason it may not give xp is that mobs can see traps, but wont avoid them, your basicly taking advantage of this everytime you use a trap, but hey...they are in the game, they should be used, right? it may also just be a scripting thing, where xp is only awarded to players? ...but, given the time taken to make/buy/ and set traps, i think that giving some xp is justified.

it would really be nice to have craft trap skill. even being able to make even minor negative traps from knuckles allows lowbies to be resourceful. if not the stock skill, than a crafting system put in place for traps would be nice. just enabling the skill would save alot of scripting work that could be used for other things though...

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 06:46:26 AM »
Meh, if someone is standing behind a wall of tripwires and firing arrows at you through a gap in them, you have a choice of charging at them and taking the trap, or running away.

Most of these monsters are mindless things anyway.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 09:08:10 AM »
No XP for trap use last I saw the other day.  I wouldn't be adverse to them turning craft trap back on, being that my rogue PC, is a trapster.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 12:56:08 PM »
Maybe thier should be a crafting thing with traps that involes alchemy and smithing and woodcuting?

Smitehammer

• Undead Slayer
  • Frohe Weihnachten
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 08:42:45 PM »
Gah, no one's ever on to give any of my characters that don't do herbalism health potions.  Please don't make craft trap a skill that only guys with no life, months of time to spend zombie-crafting with sticks and slime elixers they got from their tons of alchemy friends, lumberjack friends, smithing friends, and what ever other friends.  Or even worse, people that make characters with tons of con and dex just to be able to truly become a Jack of all trades as well as a master of all trades.  I like playing lowbies because I'm a masochist like that, and I would like to see my characters able to be ready to be useful as soon as the opportunity arises.