Author Topic: Exhaustion  (Read 28563 times)

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
Exhaustion
« on: June 21, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »
Can we get rid of this or at least reduce the amount of fatigue? I've heard nothing but bad things about this since it was implemented.  Does anyone actually like this?  In the middle of a battle, I lost half of my AB.  Couldn't even hit the monsters anymore.  Why don't monsters lose there AB and get exhausted if we want realism?  And how come spellcasters get so tired that they can't speak and wiggle their fingers?  I don't see the purpose of this.  It makes the server less fun.  Sorry for the rant, but I know many are unhappy with this. 

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Erik Draven-Ezra's Anchorite
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
Re: Exhaustion
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 04:53:17 PM »
I second this honestly it does make it more real or anything like that and it glitches quite often nerf they system or get rid of it.

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
Love it! Keep up the good work developers!  :thumbup:

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 05:04:22 PM »
All feedback is welcome, and the exhaustion system values are still very much being evaluated - but moved the topic to the proper forum :) Will merge it with the other topic soon.

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 05:06:39 PM »
Thus ruining POTM Forever.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

failed.bard

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 11:15:18 PM »
  I only have one character that has issues with exhaustion when fighting, 7th level, 12 con, BAB 4.  The only reason she gets tired, is that fighting mobs of shadow fiends and greater shadow fiends when you only get one attack a round takes a long time.  The times she did the sullen woods with a mage that could haste her, the fights lasted half as long, she only got half as tired, and could last from rest to rest before exhaustion set it.

I've been on four high/max spawn demonologist runs with Maria the last couple of weeks, and haven't heard any OOC comments about the exhaustion system during them, but those have been generally will decently balanced parties, resting as a group whenever it was needed.

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 11:45:05 PM »
Your at demonologist at level 7 O.o?

~ Chris
Current Characters:

failed.bard

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 11:50:52 PM »
Your at demonologist at level 7 O.o?

~ Chris

:lolsign:

Maria is 17th now, and an exceptional party buffer, well worth the 10+k she gets paid for going most trips.  The 7th level character is my Souragnian cleric/bard Chantal.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 12:17:15 AM »
For the first time, my char got an exhaustion message.  He ran from Murnu's to the outskirts and got a "light exhaustion" message.  

A slim char, used to running, is not going to feel anything after a few blocks.  Probably not even break a sweat.  
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Kaspar

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 12:25:41 AM »
For the first time, my char got an exhaustion message.  He ran from Murnu's to the outskirts and got a "light exhaustion" message.  

A slim char, used to running, is not going to feel anything after a few blocks.  Probably not even break a sweat.  

Sounds like the elf is getting a bit of weight.  :D

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 06:03:45 AM »
I also like it. The only time it's really effected me is corpse-hauling, which actually managed to produce RP since we had to have two characters share the weight, one taking the actual corpse item when the other was exhausted, hence meaning two characters were required to combine efforts to lug the cadaver rather than just the one.

Also effects me when running huge distances, and I actually make it a point to stop running and walk for a while when I'm getting close to Exhaustion. Last thing I want is for something horrible to appear and be unable to leg it.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 09:09:35 AM »

Sounds like the elf is getting a bit of weight.  :D

It's that retirement to Degannwy.   :D

All kidding aside, this is a first for my char.  That's my feedback and it doesn't seem right.   
Sig by Garison

Hunter Thompson

Thanks Aahz

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 09:19:39 AM »
Exhaustion only becomes a problem to me when I've run a long distance/fought a while/was encumbered.  Honestly it doesn't come up unless there is IC reasons for it to, in my experience. I like it, forces you to take it slow rather than rampaging through killing everything and taking every tower shield from every chest. Or you have to plan ahead for a rest, like set up camp in the middle of a long trip etc. Søren will tweak the values, and it wont bother the ones that play smart and together.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 02:13:16 PM »
 I retract my previous comment. I just logged on, ran honestly like two steps.. and I got "Your feeling slightly exhausted"

I don't care if your 300lbs, no one gets exhausted that fast. Think some checking over the system is in order.

~ Chris
Current Characters:

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 03:24:50 PM »
I retract my previous comment. I just logged on, ran honestly like two steps.. and I got "Your feeling slightly exhausted"

I don't care if your 300lbs, no one gets exhausted that fast. Think some checking over the system is in order.

~ Chris

Been around a bunch of gamers at a convention recently?   :lol:

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »
the system need to be put more in the case of extreem encombrance and you wont just stop make it make you slow and slower till you just stop.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »

~ Chris

Been around a bunch of gamers at a convention recently?   :lol:

~Rex

Good grief.    :lolsign:
Sig by Garison

Hunter Thompson

Thanks Aahz

Lockleed

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 05:37:32 PM »
Current system doesn't seem to take stat buffs into account at all.  One of my PCs pushes over 20 constitution every time he casts endurance on himself, but gets hit by the exhaustion system just as quickly.  Heck, I've been hit by it from doing nothing more than buffing myself, without heavy prior activity.

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 08:42:12 PM »
Admittedly it isn't perfect. I have gained a stage of exhaustion whilst standing still before, I'm pretty sure.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 06:17:05 AM »
It was bugged at a point where standing still could cause exhaustion, but that was fixed one or two weeks ago. Currently, a limitation is that exhaustion is kept when logging off, but I'd honestly label that as minor.

Keep posting any observations you have of potential mishaps though and I'll make sure to look into it. Still perfecting it... :)

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 07:52:44 AM »
I have been against this system from day one, and by now i have been able to test it rather much and still not figure out how it works as sometimes you can run and fight for a rather long time, same character the day get exhausted by just a small run or a quick fight.

I do know this system was first put in place to slow adventures down a bit and to make them take more part in RP with one another.
But for me it brings only agony as it seems to set in when ever it feels like it, I just say that one day i can fight like forever and the next i get exhausted by just draw breath to talk.

Agony VS Joy= Agony is the winner in this topic in my book at least.

Maybe it be so because i feel like i am not in controll as i sometimes takes it really slow, just RP and such and still gets exhausted as soon a small fight breaks out.

And no my characters ain't encumbered at all, and none of them have a low con either, no less then 12 anyways.

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 10:53:45 AM »
I've not had very many bad experiences with the exhaustion system thus far, but today I had my first... really bad experience.

Fighting giant breeds of spiders(in a location of random critters) and after being stricken with poison and failing both saves I was reduced to 3 str and was unable to move for a very long time(could not rest either)  standing/sitting didn't seem to help, and thankfully I had cleared a safe zone before that.  Honestly... I'd prefer it never foce you to completely stop moving... forcing a player to walk at a very slow pace is preferrable to being stopped completely IMHO.   There are times when such happens that players just want to reach a safe zone to log for work or bed, but the inability to move at all forces them to log out in otherwise dangerous locations.

Sage - When stories come to life

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 01:28:19 PM »
the system is a hell for anything lower then 10th lvl

pc vs mobs: by the time you fight a second mob of enemies with a low ab your getting messed up worse cause you get slowed and a ab decrease.

pc vs distances: as everything is far away now cause everything nearby gets raided like theres no tomorow, you get messed up easely cause it kicks in pretty early even for higher con ppl etc.  dunno what you based this   (sorry but this is how i name it ) louwsy system on but it doesnt seem to work properly or work at all.

pc vs crafting:  thnx you guys gave us the ecumberment system now we got this  i see less miners and silver weapons have decreased drasticly due to the fact its not worth the danger of the area they need to get it from and worse they can barely move  or get tired when moving, wich means mining is useless and a big pain now.

so with one system you crippled other systems    this is how it is atm and how most of the ppl see it, im trying to see it positive but its hard to do so.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 01:31:04 PM »
*Loves the system, and really isn't having any issues with it so far that seem unreasonable.*  :rock:

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »
"Also loves the system, no issues that are not believable from my perspective"

-Emomina-
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.