Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236424 times)

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #1075 on: September 11, 2016, 10:18:18 PM »
 :thumbup:

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #1076 on: September 11, 2016, 10:43:41 PM »
All instances of the Cook's Outfit, on NPCs and in the Creator, have this Bad Strref +1 instead of an actual bonus.

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #1077 on: September 12, 2016, 07:04:06 PM »
A couple of things I have noticed.

When you get something to near death and it is going to run away you usually disengage or switch opponents so that the target gets to run off and you lose your attack of opportunity.

When you die creatures hover over you and attack you before you even have time for a potion or to run off.  Having a couple seconds to get your bearings would be more sporting. Instead you typically just keep getting taken down until you eventually bleed out. I have had times where I spent over an hour being taken down over and over again because I am not given any time to react.

The area below the Government district in the sewers seems to have a different xp rate. At 3rd level normal rats usually aren't worth xp but in that area I have got xp for them as high as 4rth level.

[Removed an exploit]

In both the ants and the crypts I am seeing the whole level come to you after you engage your first battle, I have had times in the ants where I have had to kill every ant on the first level as a result of my first encounter attracting them all.

The halflings outside the ants complain about the ant problem but there is no follow up if you kill them all including the queen, is this an uncompleted quest?

Being dead seems to freeze your cap to the place it was when you died, after several real life days of being out of commission my xp cap was still giving the same message.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:08:18 PM by modderpunk »
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #1078 on: September 12, 2016, 08:34:40 PM »
The halflings outside the ants complain about the ant problem but there is no follow up if you kill them all including the queen, is this an uncompleted quest?

That sounds like a interesting idea actually to make the dungeon a little more desirable. If the queen dropped some sort of quest item you could take to the halflings to turn in for a little extra XP/GP as a reward.

Song of Danta

« Reply #1079 on: September 12, 2016, 10:04:22 PM »
In both the ants and the crypts I am seeing the whole level come to you after you engage your first battle, I have had times in the ants where I have had to kill every ant on the first level as a result of my first encounter attracting them all.

Ants and vibrations!
That aside, most dungeons have a sort of 'alarm', and if you're fighting near enough to other spawns, everything will come to check out what the trouble is. Not an issue if you're prepared!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:07:10 PM by Danta the Deplorable »

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #1080 on: September 19, 2016, 10:47:08 AM »

That sounds like a interesting idea actually to make the dungeon a little more desirable. If the queen dropped some sort of quest item you could take to the halflings to turn in for a little extra XP/GP as a reward.

If i recall if you talk to them they ask you for help and remove their ant problem. so it is a "Quest" but never a reward. but I guess doing a good dead Is reward enough hehe..

But as for something I've noticed, Vampire feedings and spawns. in terg ruins I can't recall but I believe they should have some sort of weakness to fire damage but are still only taking max of 4 fire damage. don't know if this was changed or ever brought up. but I could be wrong.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

bocian

• Undead Slayer
  • Noram
« Reply #1081 on: September 21, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »
Ezra's shrine at Barovia village might be bugged. When I visited there for the first time, I interacted with it not knowing what it's supposed to do. When I died, I spawned right there. I tried (about two times) interacting with the shrine at vistani camp near Vallaki, but it didn't help. I recently died again, and spawned in the village.
"The good fighter does 'what has to be done' and does not let himself be troubled by any scepticism."
- Julius Evola

Janarah

• Undead Slayer
    • Author C.R. Beaumont
« Reply #1082 on: September 21, 2016, 09:22:10 PM »
So, there are quarterstaff templates in dervishiem and barovia village once again, and they clearly state one piece of wood is needed, but do nothing.
"Life is full of mysteries, why can I not be one myself?"
~Nightwolf
Current: Belia/ Kalis
Shelved mostly: Sudhri / Atlantia / Radriel/ Herophile Sybil/ Lliannia/ Rabbit/
Closured (dead or other): Marius/ Calous/ Ellana/ Radu/ Ania/ Anica/ Olath

Tadomekaari

• New to the Mists
« Reply #1083 on: September 23, 2016, 04:56:30 PM »
Athina doesnt exchange for teeths. Dialog still wants fangs.

Song of Danta

« Reply #1084 on: September 25, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »
I haven't done extensive testing, but I noticed a couple of inconsistencies in the crafting system, and Ariadne suggested that I drop a note here.

Oak Tower Shield, DC 25, CXP 86
Thick Chitin Tower Shield, DC 28, CXP 62

CXP payout should probably be swapped, since it's a lot of effort to get the chitin, whereas oak trees grow on trees.

Worg Fur Boots, DC 15, CXP 35
Snake Skin Boots, DC 19, CXP 35

Should the latter item have a higher CXP payout? Not sure how it is for boots with an even higher DC.

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #1085 on: September 25, 2016, 10:15:10 AM »
If I remember correctly I believe that CXP was based off of the GP value rather than the DC required to craft it. Generally speaking this will mean that harder to craft items will have a higher CXP payout, but maybe in this case the wood your were using has a higher value than the bug parts.

Calliope

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #1086 on: September 28, 2016, 11:56:01 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but when threads are moved to the archives they become restricted from normal view.

Just the bang and the clatter as an angel hits the ground

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #1087 on: October 01, 2016, 06:20:19 AM »
Devils (from the Perfidus exterior? Although I'm looking now and there aren't any of the right spawns near to the transitions at all) are apparently sometimes ending up in the The Mists - Vistani Camp - Arrival and slaughtering everything in sight. This has happened several times in the past month or two.

It doesn't seem like they're following PCs all the way back, so maybe it's something else?

NB: It's not me, this is not a joke post.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #1088 on: October 01, 2016, 06:29:28 AM »
Do you mean Gelugons or Balors?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #1089 on: October 01, 2016, 06:45:45 AM »
I've seen a Gelugon and a Malebranche, and another Malebranche just earlier
Although when I went over and looked at Perfidus while it was still stomping around the camp, there weren't any Malebranche spawns near the exit transition, just Pit Fiends; the Malebranche spawns were waa-a-aa-ay over on the opposite side of the map. Maybe it has to do with people logging out there? I don't know

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #1090 on: October 01, 2016, 01:29:10 PM »
Devils (from the Perfidus exterior? Although I'm looking now and there aren't any of the right spawns near to the transitions at all) are apparently sometimes ending up in the The Mists - Vistani Camp - Arrival and slaughtering everything in sight. This has happened several times in the past month or two.

It doesn't seem like they're following PCs all the way back, so maybe it's something else?

NB: It's not me, this is not a joke post.

Somehow the patrolling trio werewolves patrolled into the Vallaki Vistani camp and killed everything. There wasn't any PC's around. Maybe it's a related issue?

Pants

• New to the Mists
« Reply #1091 on: October 01, 2016, 09:54:49 PM »
Im noticing the torso and capes are disappearing, visually. Not sure if it server related but seems to be more prevalent in the new incarnation of the server.

Could be that there's a setting I need to change. Would appreciate any tips...

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #1092 on: October 02, 2016, 09:56:45 AM »
In Narum's Smithy in the Residential district of Vallaki, I bought a brown cloth dye. When I used it the color came out very light so I checked my colors. It had applied bleach.  (Which is 0 so one could assume it just doesn't have any value applied)

Update: I tried the same with black, had the same effect. Narum's shop has probably just been forgotten for so long that the dyes aren't up to date or something.

Update 2: Apparently  Bastellus noticed this just an hour before I did and it's resolved already for the next update.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:17:27 PM by AnOldFriend »

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
« Reply #1093 on: October 02, 2016, 05:13:02 PM »
Earlier I was playing, and if any npcs or pcs were around when I rested, they would become invisible, like the spell. I could only see them if I was right on top of them. Logging and jumping back in fixed the issue, but It happened multiple times. Not a big deal, just thought I'd bring it up.
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #1094 on: October 02, 2016, 05:15:35 PM »
Did you cast Ultravision or Darkness at any point?