Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 237397 times)

booksarefun666

Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #875 on: September 30, 2015, 09:57:46 PM »
Nori's pawnshop at the Quartier Ourvier might be buggy because everything is being sold at 1gp... Even expensive stuff like my pocketwatch and armor made out of vampire hide.

Now I know Dwarves are good hagglers, but I doubt they're that good.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #876 on: September 30, 2015, 10:53:28 PM »
Nori's pawnshop at the Quartier Ourvier might be buggy because everything is being sold at 1gp... Even expensive stuff like my pocketwatch and armor made out of vampire hide.

I just checked in-game and his prices seem fine.

edit: I also tested his selling price and it was fine for me. Out of curiosity, did you wear a helm/hood when trying to sell him something? When you wear helms/hoods when selling to merchants, it applies a -8 in Dementlieu and -15 in Barovia to your appraise modifier. Nori himself has 14 Appraise, so that could explain why you get such bad rates.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:28:49 PM by EO »

booksarefun666

« Reply #877 on: October 02, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »

I just checked in-game and his prices seem fine.

edit: I also tested his selling price and it was fine for me. Out of curiosity, did you wear a helm/hood when trying to sell him something? When you wear helms/hoods when selling to merchants, it applies a -8 in Dementlieu and -15 in Barovia to your appraise modifier. Nori himself has 14 Appraise, so that could explain why you get such bad rates.

That does make sense but I doubt it'd be as low as 1gp. I'll post a screenshot next time I go over there but in the meantime...

I give you the gift of typos.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #878 on: October 02, 2015, 01:42:36 PM »
Know where this NPC is located?

As for the Pawn Shop merchant, I'll change him in a future update anyway so he only takes Appraise into account. Considering he's a dwarven shady merchant, he shouldn't take into account OcR at all let alone penalize people for wearing hoods.

booksarefun666

« Reply #879 on: October 02, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »
Know where this NPC is located?

As for the Pawn Shop merchant, I'll change him in a future update anyway so he only takes Appraise into account. Considering he's a dwarven shady merchant, he shouldn't take into account OcR at all let alone penalize people for wearing hoods.

The NPC is located at the village of Barovia in a shop called "___'s (forgot the name) Foundry" on your way to the Lightbringer temple you should see it.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #880 on: October 02, 2015, 03:36:18 PM »
The NPC is located at the village of Barovia in a shop called "___'s (forgot the name) Foundry" on your way to the Lightbringer temple you should see it.

Yeah, I'll get him in the toolset. ;)

booksarefun666

« Reply #881 on: October 04, 2015, 04:46:49 PM »
The lead bullets in the Gearling shop (Port-A-Lucine, quartier Merchand) sell for 0 gp (or 1gp since that's bare minimal) as opposed to 10gp everywhere else.

It was fun while it lasted at least.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #882 on: October 08, 2015, 11:55:15 AM »
The merchant at the general store in blaustien does not purchase merchant gloves, but takes everything else.

This should be fixed in the current update. Can anyone check and confirm?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #883 on: October 08, 2015, 12:02:28 PM »
While testing spells on various guns, I noticed that keen weapon does nothing. Neither to the bullets, pistols or Muskets. Remi said that keen can affect his shortblades which use peircing. So I am curious as if keen edge is supposed to have no effect, particularly to the muskets(which has a bayonet)

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #884 on: October 08, 2015, 12:26:04 PM »
- Made most herbalism potions use default templates (notice that this will prevent new potions from stacking to potions made prior to this update.)

Thank you!
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #885 on: October 09, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »
"Taking" a powder keg after it has been placed seems to just make it disappear instead of returning it to your inventory. When the keg is dropped, you can pick it up just fine, however, after using it on the ground there seems to no way to recover it.

Going to bump this because still seems the fix never got imported. Additionlyl, despite using a fuse from the fireworks merchant in the grand bazaar, when even i use a flint and steel on the barrel I get a "There is no fuse on this object" error message.

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #886 on: October 09, 2015, 12:12:34 PM »
Have you tried buying one since the last update or exchanging it to a DM as I mentioned in my previous post?

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #887 on: October 09, 2015, 02:01:05 PM »
I bought new ones this morning to see if i could blow them up hehe :twisted:. I haven't tried exchanging them though.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #888 on: October 10, 2015, 12:05:53 PM »
I bought new ones this morning to see if i could blow them up hehe :twisted:. I haven't tried exchanging them though.

Alright, I think I've found the cause of the issue and will work on it. I'll try to add more clarified instructions as well about the system. From what I got, here's what you need for your explosive to go off:

1) The powder keg needs to have at least 10 charges of black powder
2) You then need to set it on the ground
3) You then need to use a fuse on it to set the fuse
4) You finally need to light it using the Flint and Steel

Try doing that in-game and it should work. I'll add clearer descriptions though since I feel it's pretty vague right now. I'll also fix a few bugs that make it vague.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #889 on: October 10, 2015, 12:35:47 PM »
For the record, I have been and do make the black powder work all the time.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #890 on: October 11, 2015, 01:57:51 PM »
Wait, is the there a difference between gunpowder and black powder? When using a Powder Horn  or Gunpowder pouch on a powder keg in my inventory I got a "*Failure - Invalid Target*" Using another powder keg on one gave me a "Only black powder can be loaded in to this object" Is black powder something me have to make? I've been trying to figure out how to but got suck.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #891 on: October 16, 2015, 10:11:20 AM »
Wait, is the there a difference between gunpowder and black powder? When using a Powder Horn  or Gunpowder pouch on a powder keg in my inventory I got a "*Failure - Invalid Target*" Using another powder keg on one gave me a "Only black powder can be loaded in to this object" Is black powder something me have to make? I've been trying to figure out how to but got suck.

I've made a few fixes and tweaks to the Powder Keg system. Here are the changes:

-Both Black Powder and Gunpowder - Pouches can now be used to fill powder kegs. To do so, use the Powder Keg on them.
-Now, when you create a Powder Keg with insuficiant black powder, it'll still be recoverable. I don't think I added feedback messages though so I'll likely do that. You need at least 10 charges of black powder to light the fuse; if you have more, the explosion will be bigger, if you have less, it'll be smaller.
-In a near future, we'll add a sort of IC manual on how to use the Powder Keg (thanks LeviSchultz for the great idea)

Can anyone test to make sure these changes/fixes worked?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #892 on: October 16, 2015, 11:00:57 PM »
Question if there is a lot of powder and someone casts a fire attack spell, ala fireball, can it trigger the script to create a big explosion? :P

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #893 on: October 16, 2015, 11:15:25 PM »
Question if there is a lot of powder and someone casts a fire attack spell, ala fireball, can it trigger the script to create a big explosion? :P

Pretty sure it will explodes; I think it reacts to fire and electrical damage.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #894 on: October 16, 2015, 11:43:53 PM »
Confirmed. Any fire spell will detonate.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #895 on: October 17, 2015, 12:02:22 AM »

Does it trigger the bigger explosions if you have max gunpowder in the keg?

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #896 on: October 17, 2015, 12:58:51 AM »

Does it trigger the bigger explosions if you have max gunpowder in the keg?

Since the script for the explosion takes into account the quantity of gunpowder, this is automatic.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #897 on: October 19, 2015, 03:43:01 PM »
Some requests that I thought of as NCE approaches:

:arrow: Can the bookstore in vallaki have fancy paper?
 :arrow: The left side of Dvergeheim is missing a bunch of doors and are often just empty rooms.
 :arrow: Can there be some training areas there for the dwarves to train.
 :arrow: Can there be a general merchant in Dvergeheim?
 :arrow: Could one of the small rooms be an office of some sort for dwarves who wish to use it

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #898 on: October 23, 2015, 08:19:23 AM »
Soo... realized something was wrong and didn't notice it before... first one is. The Quills you buy to write with weigh .5 lbs. It's a feather how can such weigh half a pound?

The one I didn't know which was a surprise to me happened when a seagull dive bombed my character and died getting hit... Or I attacked... I'm not sure finger might have slipped on the laptop. But anyways It said the Seagull's feather weigh .5 lbs as well.... If that's the case the average Seagull have about 700 feathers.. which would mean the bird weighs 350 pounds... THat bird is either Ripped like a Mofo... or this is an error lol

Didn't know where else to put this sooo.... yeah hope it's in the right place :)

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

gryphonlotr

• Outlander
« Reply #899 on: October 26, 2015, 11:03:57 PM »
Find traps scroll bug:

Bought scroll from Mt. Baratek Tower and tried to learn it, but only got "You can only learn Arcane spells." as an error.
Elrebrin - Multi-skilled elven woodsman
Lillia - Squire in service to the Morninglord