Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236516 times)

Visslea

Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #850 on: August 10, 2015, 06:56:58 AM »
Krezk Outpost tailoring station (loom) does not work. It won't register any materials.

It might actually be the materials sold there. We weren't able to use them at Degannwy, either. But, when we put everything aside, and got a fresh pattern, kit, and yarn, we were able to make what we needed!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:33:14 AM by Visslea »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #851 on: August 10, 2015, 06:52:44 PM »
Krezk Outpost tailoring station (loom) does not work. It won't register any materials.

It might actually be the materials sold there. We weren't able to use them at Degannwy, either. But, when we put everything aside, and got a fresh pattern, kit, and yarn, we were able to make what we needed!

Ah yeah, I found the problem and will fix it for my next update.

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #852 on: August 16, 2015, 09:27:07 AM »
The heavy flail "Gavin's Bolt and Timber" offers you +1 EB vs. Undead as well as Dark Vision. Sadly the Dark Vision property doesn't work. I remember the "Goggles of Night" had a similar problem. About two months ago, though,  I found a set, put them on and much to my surprise they worked as intend! Been in my inventory ever since. I'm not sure what was changed with the goggles but perhaps the same fix could be applied to the Flail?

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #853 on: August 16, 2015, 09:44:05 AM »
The heavy flail "Gavin's Bolt and Timber" offers you +1 EB vs. Undead as well as Dark Vision. Sadly the Dark Vision property doesn't work. I remember the "Goggles of Night" had a similar problem. About two months ago, though,  I found a set, put them on and much to my surprise they worked as intend! Been in my inventory ever since. I'm not sure what was changed with the goggles but perhaps the same fix could be applied to the Flail?

Darkvision items do work, but last I checked they still have a bug associated with them -- when they are first equipped, they function normally, but if you unequip the item, the darkvision feat not only goes away, but it cannot be re-instituted when you re-equip the item.  You have to wait for a reset of the server for the item to work properly again.  I have not used a Goggles of Night for a while, but I could occasionally get it to work upon re-equipping the item, but that was only if the helmet had been taken off and re-equipped in a short period of time (my assumption is that there is a delay in saving information server-side, and so the game might not notice you had unequipped the item in the first place).

For the flail, check at the next reset -- it should work normally.  At least until you unequip it.  :)

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #854 on: August 16, 2015, 10:23:47 AM »
Darkvision items do work, but last I checked they still have a bug associated with them -- when they are first equipped, they function normally, but if you unequip the item, the darkvision feat not only goes away, but it cannot be re-instituted when you re-equip the item.  You have to wait for a reset of the server for the item to work properly again.  I have not used a Goggles of Night for a while, but I could occasionally get it to work upon re-equipping the item, but that was only if the helmet had been taken off and re-equipped in a short period of time (my assumption is that there is a delay in saving information server-side, and so the game might not notice you had unequipped the item in the first place).

I believe you can produce the same effect simply by logging out and logging back in with them still equipped, without waiting for a server reset. You'd need to test that, though.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

booksarefun666

« Reply #855 on: August 17, 2015, 07:43:49 PM »
I actually have goggles of the night and it worked like a charm thus far.

In the mean time here's some more typos on the forums I've gleaned from reading here.

aesthetics and various are the proper words
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:45:46 PM by Miriam Redsky »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #856 on: August 17, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »
I actually have goggles of the night and it worked like a charm thus far.

In the mean time here's some more typos on the forums I've gleaned from reading here.

aesthetics and various are the proper words

Fixed!

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #857 on: August 22, 2015, 09:57:30 PM »

I'm sure I don't have to point out the irony of "illeterate," but there you go, I've just done it. It happens when you try and write with a PC with low INT.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #858 on: August 22, 2015, 10:29:35 PM »

I'm sure I don't have to point out the irony of "illeterate," but there you go, I've just done it. It happens when you try and write with a PC with low INT.
So that was fade trying?

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #859 on: August 22, 2015, 11:29:06 PM »
So that was fade trying?
Yeah, with her Int cursed all the way down to 9.

Visslea

« Reply #860 on: August 29, 2015, 06:40:53 AM »
The Krezk Outpost Tailor does not register 'choose a specific colour'.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #861 on: August 29, 2015, 10:51:56 PM »
the thank you for your rp thread is locked!

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #862 on: September 01, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
"Taking" a powder keg after it has been placed seems to just make it disappear instead of returning it to your inventory. When the keg is dropped, you can pick it up just fine, however, after using it on the ground there seems to no way to recover it.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #863 on: September 01, 2015, 07:27:22 PM »
"Taking" a powder keg after it has been placed seems to just make it disappear instead of returning it to your inventory. When the keg is dropped, you can pick it up just fine, however, after using it on the ground there seems to no way to recover it.

Where did you get it? (which merchant)

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #864 on: September 01, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »
Bigo Gearling in the Black market in the sewers. Couldn't find them for sale anywhere else.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #865 on: September 01, 2015, 09:53:18 PM »
Bigo Gearling in the Black market in the sewers. Couldn't find them for sale anywhere else.

Did you check regular gearling as I believe he has them. will need to check though.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #866 on: September 01, 2015, 09:54:53 PM »

Thanks. I'll fix that bug for the next update. In the meantime, if you catch a DM online, ask them to trade your Powder Keg for one in the palette.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #867 on: September 06, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »
The will penalty of the Sanctuary of the Dawn crypts apparently stacks on relogging. Transitioning to a new zone seems to fix it, but that's not always an option.

chuuch1

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #868 on: September 06, 2015, 11:22:52 AM »
The merchant at the general store in blaustien does not purchase merchant gloves, but takes everything else.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #869 on: September 07, 2015, 07:59:27 AM »
The will penalty of the Sanctuary of the Dawn crypts apparently stacks on relogging. Transitioning to a new zone seems to fix it, but that's not always an option.

This should now have been fixed, but please let us know whether you continue to experience the issue. Thanks!

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #870 on: September 07, 2015, 09:15:04 AM »
I'll keep my eye out for it, thanks for the prompt attempt at a fix!

Visslea

« Reply #871 on: September 09, 2015, 07:39:25 AM »
@vote reset has not been bringing up the voting message when successfully initiated. It happened last night, and a couple of hours ago. Initiation votes were all confirmed. You can still @vote reset yes/no, but it doesn't do anything when the five minutes are up. Total player counts were around 10+ the first time, and 5 the second time.

We got one to successfully fire off just now!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:12:56 AM by Visslea »

Visslea

« Reply #872 on: September 11, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »
Well. A reset in 3649 years might be problematic. We also had trouble to get it to initiate again.

Reigh

• Undead Master
« Reply #873 on: September 19, 2015, 03:39:45 PM »
I need some DM help getting my password changed or back IG cause i just got a new computer and my usual passwords do not work. Please!

IG name is Alin Cain

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #874 on: September 25, 2015, 02:05:25 AM »

This should now have been fixed, but please let us know whether you continue to experience the issue. Thanks!

This one appears to still be happening for me. I hit @debug just now.