Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236423 times)

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #825 on: June 30, 2015, 01:08:02 AM »
Seems the improved invisibility potions still have the bug that if they are used in a battle their effect does not apply when certain condition is met. I understand that the invisibility immedeatly can fall off, however the 50% concealment will not appear neither.

Also apparantly if you die on the ghakis mountains, and there is a crash all your  entry points will be reset to the Mist Camp. This may be troublesome especially if a crash occured since you may have no chance to return from there without useing OOC means.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #826 on: June 30, 2015, 02:52:13 AM »
Really? I've had crashes move me like that, but normally Tser Pool is in the options for entry.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #827 on: June 30, 2015, 04:01:55 AM »
Really? I've had crashes move me like that, but normally Tser Pool is in the options for entry.

Not for me. I only have Arrival Mist Camp, and 2 Mist camp. Nothing else. Or perhaps it is because i crashed on the Ghakis alive? Not sure.
Currently playing:

chuuch1

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #828 on: June 30, 2015, 04:03:25 AM »
Seems the improved invisibility potions still have the bug that if they are used in a battle their effect does not apply when certain condition is met. I understand that the invisibility immedeatly can fall off, however the 50% concealment will not appear neither.

Also apparantly if you die on the ghakis mountains, and there is a crash all your  entry points will be reset to the Mist Camp. This may be troublesome especially if a crash occured since you may have no chance to return from there without useing OOC means.

I've noticed with imp invis potions there is a slight delay.  If you drink it and then imediatly attack or perform another action the potion won't work at all.  Drink it and wait a moment and you'll get the concealment.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #829 on: June 30, 2015, 10:56:47 AM »

I've noticed with imp invis potions there is a slight delay.  If you drink it and then imediatly attack or perform another action the potion won't work at all.  Drink it and wait a moment and you'll get the concealment.

Actually sometimes no you dont. I mean you dont get the effect. About 1 out of every three potions i get literally no effect. I have died like half the time cuz of it on a character that really needs the potion to be able to do many things.
Currently playing:

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #830 on: June 30, 2015, 09:04:32 PM »
I have not experienced what you are describing with potions.  It may be something occurring with your action queue -- when you click on a potion to drink it, it gets slotted into your action queue, but that queue gets cleared if you move or engage in combat.  As a consequence, if you are in the middle of a fight, moving around, hitting things, and try to pause to drink a potion, any subsequent movement or combat that you do before the potion action is finished will clear your action queue before you actually get a chance to drink it.  Are you saying that the potion actually gets used up, but you get no effect?  I have had potions take effect AFTER I died (needless to say, it is a bummer when the cure potion triggers after you bite the dust), but that is because of the way combat flurries are resolved in the game engine.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #831 on: June 30, 2015, 11:55:45 PM »
I have not experienced what you are describing with potions.  It may be something occurring with your action queue -- when you click on a potion to drink it, it gets slotted into your action queue, but that queue gets cleared if you move or engage in combat.  As a consequence, if you are in the middle of a fight, moving around, hitting things, and try to pause to drink a potion, any subsequent movement or combat that you do before the potion action is finished will clear your action queue before you actually get a chance to drink it.  Are you saying that the potion actually gets used up, but you get no effect?  I have had potions take effect AFTER I died (needless to say, it is a bummer when the cure potion triggers after you bite the dust), but that is because of the way combat flurries are resolved in the game engine.

I can confirm Ercvadasz situation. It only applies with Improved Invisibility potions. It uses a custom script rather than Cast Spell: Improved Invis.. and there seems to be if you have any interruption or action after the potion is consumed, the spell affect does not apply.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #832 on: July 02, 2015, 03:02:24 PM »

I can confirm Ercvadasz situation. It only applies with Improved Invisibility potions. It uses a custom script rather than Cast Spell: Improved Invis.. and there seems to be if you have any interruption or action after the potion is consumed, the spell affect does not apply.

Indeed the potion is used up, but the effect never applies. So basicly the potion is just wasted.

Another bug. The gnome in the Black Market if approached tends to on occasion run to the place of the Smith to be interacted with. At times likes this his wares are being replaced with the wares the smith carries.
Currently playing:

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #833 on: July 17, 2015, 10:06:24 AM »
Hi, at krezk outpost there is a building without doors and at the Vallaki docks is a signpost that says nothing. Oh and at the wachter estate the goatstuff merchant sell a goat toy that has a wrong description as acording to the description it can summon a badger.

I have a screenshot of the building but as i am not realy familiar with fora I have no idea how to post it. It is a large building and i think it originaly is a placable.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 10:17:48 AM by modderpunk »

Building out off the mists

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #834 on: July 19, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »
There's a bugged transition in the Hillsides on the Road to Zedinburg. I'm able to go through this transition but not back through it on the other side. The transition on the road works fine, but this transition is slightly more secluded up on some hills. Transitions shown in pictures.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:32:32 PM by LeviShultz »

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #835 on: July 19, 2015, 01:48:07 PM »
Hi, at krezk outpost there is a building without doors and at the Vallaki docks is a signpost that says nothing. Oh and at the wachter estate the goatstuff merchant sell a goat toy that has a wrong description as acording to the description it can summon a badger.

One of the great old in-jokes of the Wachter faction.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #836 on: July 19, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »

[/quote]

One of the great old in-jokes of the Wachter faction.
[/quote]

You mean the original magical item or the fact that this non magical item has the same description (including charges)?

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #837 on: July 19, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »
You mean the original magical item or the fact that this non magical item has the same description (including charges)?

It's just a hilariously odd item, and nobody knew about it but us.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #838 on: July 19, 2015, 04:34:04 PM »
Well it was not that i realy expected my souvenir to realy work. ;)

Ehver

• Dark Lord
« Reply #839 on: July 19, 2015, 04:38:07 PM »
On Laine, my last stored location is bugged. It doesn't update no matter where I save my character, nor where I rest. This has been happening since her MPC template was applied, and is becoming a bit irksome.
Ilinca Cristescu - Urban Witch
Player Faction: The Mistraiders

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #840 on: July 19, 2015, 04:47:11 PM »
On Laine, my last stored location is bugged. It doesn't update no matter where I save my character, nor where I rest. This has been happening since her MPC template was applied, and is becoming a bit irksome.

I thought MPCs don't get to spawn wherever they want and just spawn at their last spot, be it dungeon or not a dungeon?

Ehver

• Dark Lord
« Reply #841 on: July 19, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »

I thought MPCs don't get to spawn wherever they want and just spawn at their last spot, be it dungeon or not a dungeon?

Apparently not? My location is always the same place, no matter where I save.
Ilinca Cristescu - Urban Witch
Player Faction: The Mistraiders

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #842 on: July 19, 2015, 11:31:25 PM »

MPCs still have faction join in and what not.. and same with safe place.  It would be pointless to just log in where you last were since if you did that and it was day time.. Poof.... Roasted Vampyre.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

booksarefun666

« Reply #843 on: July 28, 2015, 05:40:56 PM »
Front page has a typo...

"Our greatest emphasis is however on the roleplay. Our ambition has always been to set the perfect stage for roleplay and we strive to hone that in all we do - both in terms of depth of the world and the details we add, but also in how the game itself is played. We want you to feel that you're there. In the hands of our devoted and talented players, this have provided us with some of the richest and most vivid roleplay that you can encounter outside the confines of the pen and paper table. In game, you will encounter a vast diversity of both individuals and groupings trying to achieve their aims through story driven player interaction, whether it's to attain power, fightingt against evil or merely trying to survive."

Visslea

« Reply #844 on: August 02, 2015, 01:40:06 AM »
Bounty Board in the Gendarmerie (behind the counter) is difficult, if not impossible to interact with.

booksarefun666

« Reply #845 on: August 03, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »
I'm here to report all petty grammatical errors.

Barovian Girl: I don't really believe that your kind kills children. Besides, mama always says it's other pitics who do that! [He nods sagely]

This was to my Halfling in that starting area town in the slums.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #846 on: August 07, 2015, 07:48:13 AM »
I'm here to report all petty grammatical errors.

Barovian Girl: I don't really believe that your kind kills children. Besides, mama always says it's other pitics who do that! [He nods sagely]

This was to my Halfling in that starting area town in the slums.

Good catch. I will fix this for my next update, along with a few other similar ones.

I have a screenshot of the building but as i am not realy familiar with fora I have no idea how to post it. It is a large building and i think it originaly is a placable.

I'll fix those three bugs.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:01:32 AM by EO »

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #847 on: August 07, 2015, 12:27:52 PM »
If you get exhausted and you use a bears endurance potion, and your exhau treshold increases, your exhau will be bugged, untill you log off or rest.
As in, even when it lowers under the treshold the exhaustion will remain as an effect on you.
I was fighting enemies, and was nearing exhaustion, so i drank a potion, however i miscalculated and i drank the potion after the exhaustion roll was done. So my character was exhausted, but when i drank the potion and my constitution score got raised by 4 points, i should have been again under the treshold, however no such thing happened.
Thereafter i managed to defeat the enemy while under exhau, and i waited for my exhau to drop to near 0. But the exhaustion effect never faded untill i have rested with my character.
Currently playing:

booksarefun666

« Reply #848 on: August 07, 2015, 06:13:07 PM »
I don't know if this counts as a minor since it's a total fashion disaster but...

http://imgur.com/SZA4gYf

For some reason on a hin, this jacket seems to try and escape me when I sit down on any chair or cross my arms.

Robe ID:174

Torso ID: 13

Cloth dye: Dark Cardinal Red

Leather dye: Dark Cardinal Red

Metal dye: Canary yellow

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #849 on: August 08, 2015, 11:18:07 AM »
There's a bugged transition in the Hillsides on the Road to Zedinburg. I'm able to go through this transition but not back through it on the other side. The transition on the road works fine, but this transition is slightly more secluded up on some hills. Transitions shown in pictures.

I'll fix this one for my next update.