You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236559 times)

Hagiophage

• New to the Mists
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #775 on: February 26, 2015, 06:15:48 AM »
Name: Vallaki Peasant Cynophobia

Where: Vallaki

When: if my character Animal Empathy-s a dog within Vallaki. Dogs found in and native to Vallaki trigger it. Cats, ravens, bats and oxen do not.

What: all peasants go hostile to the dog, until it is removed from the party.

To reiterate, this affects the Large Dog in the slums, and any dog from outside. But not cats, ravens, bats or oxen, local or foreign.

Recreate: be a Ranger or Druid, offer a treat to a dog, scratch its ears, use Animal Empathy. It will follow you anywhere - until the peasants start launching suicidal attacks against it. Even if they were happily playing beside it a minute ago...

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #776 on: February 26, 2015, 08:21:06 AM »
One thing i noticed: The Vaasi Leather Statchel ( -20% or 20% Weight reduction?) on Mariea Venustae is not working, for whatever reason, basically, it's acting like a normal bag. Thanks!

What their useful for is carrying notices from the bank. especially if you sell things since 10 of those satchels weighs 2 or 3 pounds vs 10 magic bags (any type) which weigh 10 pounds so if your carrying around allot of things in storage which don't have weight its better to use the satchels.

Ob

• Undead Slayer
  • http://i42.tinypic.com/8ys3si.gif
« Reply #777 on: February 27, 2015, 03:34:08 PM »
One thing and I'm not sure it's 100% a bug or me misreading the Updates

- I've noticed on my Drains character if I EVER go to the mist camp it resets my faction base to Mistcamp instead of drains.  It won't reset to Drains unless I run back and physically rest there.  Is this happening to all factions?  I know the ML church changes your faction base to BV after a certain level, something similar to that maybe?
Characters: 

Kolos - Drains Crew Boss (Shelved)
Vog - Dvergheim Dwarf (Shelved)
Cezar Pochev - Barovian Ne'er-do-well (Dead)
Oszkar Voros - Gundarakite Ne'er-do-well (Shelved)
Corneliu Popovici - Garda

dazza555

• Undead Master
  • Calibardbarian
    • http://morningstarani.deviantart.com
« Reply #778 on: March 16, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »
So uh natham got fed on by a vampire the other night (thanks ehver) and since she had so much hes skin colour has changed from dark brown to ghostly pale.

its not changed back. Is there a story behind this or was it simply a bug?

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #779 on: March 23, 2015, 05:54:41 PM »
My faction base is incorrect for some reason. Someone else has mentioned their faction base turning up incorrect as well. Is this a known issue?

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #780 on: March 24, 2015, 01:05:42 AM »
The candle in the new player area is permanently lit, it is causing confusion since the sign says don't enter while it's lit.

de_reguer

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #781 on: March 27, 2015, 08:14:07 PM »
Was just curious about crafted linen and cotton clothing. Is there a reason both have the same exact non-enchanted stats? I think the only difference in them is the materials cost slightly differently. Moreover while I'm not disputing that clothing is prone to catching fire do they both really need a 25% vulnerability to fire? That alone makes them relatively unsuitable for enchanting and in fact I've never seen a suit of enchanted linen or cotton clothing for probably this reason, and of the hundreds of different suits of clothing players can buy in shops NONE of them have this vulnerability despite some of them likely being made of either cotton or linen.

The reason I ask is because I would like to see more variety in ENCHANTED clothing's for players who cannot or do not wear armor. While wool is useful for enchanting due to the cold resistance, silk clothing really only benefits bards. Monks and mages really have no suitable clothing for enchantment. Or at least nothing that provides genuine benefits to their classes in the same way silk garments do for bards.

Would it be possible to strip the fire vulnerability while adding benefits to both linen and cotton for enchanting purposes?

Maybe give linen bonuses to both concentration and spell craft.

Maybe cotton could have a 60% weight reduction benefit and bonuses to tumble or parry.

Just an idea to throw out there.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #782 on: April 05, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »
Name: Bird attacking themselve

Where: Dementlieu - Quartier Savant - Volière

When: Always... I guess

What: The bird in the giant birdcage attack each other which I think isn't suppose to happen

Recreate: Just go in the volière in the Quartier Savant

Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
« Reply #783 on: April 10, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »
For some reason one of my characters has been unable to rest since the most recent update. It consistently says "Cannot rest while polymorphed", even though the character is not under any sort of polymorph effect.

Edit: Latest update seems to have fixed this!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:44:12 PM by RedwizardD »

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #784 on: April 10, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »
Do you know if the character appearance have been modified by a DM in any way?

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
« Reply #785 on: April 10, 2015, 02:36:23 PM »
It was altered to a different model a few months back.

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #786 on: April 11, 2015, 01:22:24 PM »

Houston, we have a problem in Degannwy

I assume they are allerting  about the postions of the squirrels, which are very aggressice recently

Knight of Crows

• New to the Mists
« Reply #787 on: April 12, 2015, 08:50:48 AM »

This happened moments before the entire Vistani camp in Tser Pools went hostile on me and chased me off... I now have no way to get an Elixir to get back to the Outskirts or to grab a ride to the Mist Camp <_>

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #788 on: April 12, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »

This happened moments before the entire Vistani camp in Tser Pools went hostile on me and chased me off... I now have no way to get an Elixir to get back to the Outskirts or to grab a ride to the Mist Camp <_>

This just happened to me. A ferret was hostile and started it for me
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #789 on: April 13, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »

Hmm, I reset should resolve any hostile settings but if not, please ask a DM to help you out.

Thanks for the bug report, will get it sorted asap. :)

Knight of Crows

• New to the Mists
« Reply #790 on: April 13, 2015, 09:49:10 AM »
I left the area, waited for a while, and returned with a friend. Suddenly everything was back to normal - maybe something to do with my weapon being out the first time? I dunno, but it fixed itself at the time.

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #791 on: April 13, 2015, 10:51:12 AM »
A DM cannot fix it. Everything does it. It's persisted through resets.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #792 on: April 13, 2015, 11:09:34 AM »
A DM cannot fix it. Everything does it. It's persisted through resets.

You can fix it by helping people out if they are stuck somewhere because of it.

I left the area, waited for a while, and returned with a friend. Suddenly everything was back to normal - maybe something to do with my weapon being out the first time? I dunno, but it fixed itself at the time.

Great. I suspect the main issue being one of their dogs or cats being scared causing the others to go hostile, but as long as you don't fight back it will reset after area re-init.  No matter what, I should have fixed all these issues by next update, hopefully later today or tomorrow.

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #793 on: April 13, 2015, 11:19:54 AM »
Oh, I thought you meant make the problem go away through resetting. Yeah of course we will help stuck players.

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #794 on: April 14, 2015, 12:11:03 AM »
Regarding the issue of creatures / NPCs turning hostile for no reason, could it be related to the damage check for cold now that it is winter? The reason I ask is that I noticed when my character was checked for cold damage, he actually made his verbal battle cry just now, as though he was going into combat. At least that's what I think happened. In the context of some of the posts above, I thought that something may be causing the server to interpret the cold check and damage as combat.
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

NWN_lovableweremink

• Outlander
« Reply #795 on: April 16, 2015, 04:15:20 PM »
another somewhat minor bug, the light sources in the vallaki outskirts morning lord crypts are constantly on, even after a reset. I assume they were meant to be off until someone lights them- however they never go out. The cost of torches and candles must be costing the faction a fortune.....

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #796 on: April 16, 2015, 09:15:54 PM »
another somewhat minor bug, the light sources in the vallaki outskirts morning lord crypts are constantly on, even after a reset. I assume they were meant to be off until someone lights them- however they never go out. The cost of torches and candles must be costing the faction a fortune.....

Intentional now from what I know. They used to be always off.

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #797 on: April 17, 2015, 01:00:01 AM »

Intentional now from what I know. They used to be always off.

I would think that this would be an opportunity for players to communicate with one another indirectly as a courtesy -- if a group is going into the crypts, turn the lights on, and everyone will know that a group is already down there.  When you finish your run, turn the lights off when you finish your run and exit the crypts, that way others will know that no one else is down there.

Lights on when you go in, lights off when you leave.  A simple signal to everyone else.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Cursed Ink

• Dark Lord
  • 1# Highest Bounty Winner
« Reply #798 on: April 18, 2015, 04:16:16 AM »
At approximately hour 11, a vampire from the cave in the rolling hills (which has randomly spawned enemies) followed my PC and another in fleeing from the cave. However, when we met it in combat outside it took no damage from sunlight.

Geiger

« Reply #799 on: April 18, 2015, 04:28:25 AM »
At approximately hour 11, a vampire from the cave in the rolling hills (which has randomly spawned enemies) followed my PC and another in fleeing from the cave. However, when we met it in combat outside it took no damage from sunlight.

I had to kill it. Mark this issue for the fixening.