Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236539 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #725 on: September 17, 2014, 04:37:48 PM »
If you need DM assistance, you should post in the following topic:

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=11329.0

This topic is for minor issues you noticed in the server, not for requesting DM assistance.

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #726 on: September 17, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
I am not sure if this is known but the Blue Water in takes 30 coins twice upon asking for a room.

I noticed this just now.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #727 on: September 30, 2014, 12:09:55 PM »
Does the fact that the vender in hazlan crafting hall can run out of gold count as a small bug? or is that suppose to happen.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #728 on: October 19, 2014, 05:56:58 PM »
There's an item I found, a spoon actually, that was described as being able to create food magically and had one use/day. Problem is apparently the custom script for it is broken because it's consumed immediately upon use, making it the most expensive and hard to identify food ration in the game. Would be a great item if this could be fixed.
I've got a fix for this incoming. It will require replacing the item just like I'll have to replace poisoning items.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #729 on: October 19, 2014, 09:10:35 PM »
There's an item I found, a spoon actually, that was described as being able to create food magically and had one use/day. Problem is apparently the custom script for it is broken because it's consumed immediately upon use, making it the most expensive and hard to identify food ration in the game. Would be a great item if this could be fixed.
I've got a fix for this incoming. It will require replacing the item just like I'll have to replace poisoning items.

Great! I don't have the item anymore, since it was consumed, but I'll let you know if I ever come across another :)
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #730 on: October 20, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »
Not sure if this is a glitch (or the right thread), but I recently received a skeleton key item that claims it should act as +5 thieves tools, yet there is no class/alignment restriction. Now when I go to use said item it says I can not use it.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #731 on: October 20, 2014, 04:09:07 PM »
Not sure if this is a glitch (or the right thread), but I recently received a skeleton key item that claims it should act as +5 thieves tools, yet there is no class/alignment restriction. Now when I go to use said item it says I can not use it.

Are you just trying to use the item, or are you using it's "open lock" special ability? You can't actually use the tools as items, so I'd imagine the key would work the same way.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #732 on: October 20, 2014, 07:52:43 PM »

Are you just trying to use the item, or are you using it's "open lock" special ability? You can't actually use the tools as items, so I'd imagine the key would work the same way.

It only gives me the option to 'open lock' with it.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Kuroyose

• New to the Mists
« Reply #733 on: October 25, 2014, 08:15:38 PM »
Dwarven Quality Mace doesn't seem to work with weapon finesse, got screens if needed

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #734 on: November 06, 2014, 11:23:13 AM »

Great! I don't have the item anymore, since it was consumed, but I'll let you know if I ever come across another :)

I just tried one of these out. Im assuming the item was intended to have 50 charges of food then and uses a charge per use until gone?

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #735 on: November 06, 2014, 01:35:03 PM »
no, the item had one use/per day

ShadyWraith

« Reply #736 on: November 17, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »
Is there still a script in place for pc's to be ported out of dungeon's after logging for 15+ minutes? I assumed there still was, and logged off in a dungeon today - I logged back in after an hour or so, was still in the dungeon and it had reset, meaning I was surrounded by npc enemies.  I logged off, waited 20 more minutes and logged back in.. the same thing happened.  I know that I have a safe location saved as I had just rested in a room in the Lady's Rest last night.  The dungeon that I was in was the Terg Ruins.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #737 on: November 17, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »
Ah. As dm said, dont rely on this if you can hellp it. It does not always work.

Super Sugar

• Undead Master
« Reply #738 on: November 25, 2014, 12:25:26 PM »
Not sure where this is stemming from.  Happens whenever I enter a new area.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #739 on: November 25, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »

This is because you have something in your quick slot that's in a bag.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Super Sugar

• Undead Master
« Reply #740 on: November 25, 2014, 12:33:01 PM »
This is because you have something in your quick slot that's in a bag.

You're awesome.  Cleared all slots, problem fixed.  Need to reorganize them anyway.

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #741 on: November 25, 2014, 04:07:42 PM »
i have tons of stuff quickslotted that are in bags and this never happens to me  :|

Super Sugar

• Undead Master
« Reply #742 on: November 25, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »
It was a strange issue, only happened momentarily.  Not happening now that I have re-configured slots.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #743 on: November 25, 2014, 04:40:56 PM »
i have tons of stuff quickslotted that are in bags and this never happens to me  :|
It happens when your items that are quickslotted and put into bags are left there over resets. This is what i have found to be the case, anyway.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #744 on: December 18, 2014, 05:28:09 AM »
Are indoor temperatures broken or something? The weather pop-up is giving me 0°C in most buildings.

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #745 on: December 18, 2014, 06:33:47 AM »
It happens when your items that are quickslotted and put into bags are left there over resets. This is what i have found to be the case, anyway.

Naaah, my stuff is kept in the same quickslots and same bags and has been for a loong time-never had this happen until recently when I was polymorphed. Never happens otherwise, dunno why

de_reguer

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #746 on: December 18, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »
Is there still a script in place for pc's to be ported out of dungeon's after logging for 15+ minutes? I assumed there still was, and logged off in a dungeon today - I logged back in after an hour or so, was still in the dungeon and it had reset, meaning I was surrounded by npc enemies.  I logged off, waited 20 more minutes and logged back in.. the same thing happened.  I know that I have a safe location saved as I had just rested in a room in the Lady's Rest last night.  The dungeon that I was in was the Terg Ruins.

Actually I think the terg ruins are one of the few dungeons you DONT port out of if you log out. I learned that the hard way a long time ago. Same for numerous caves in and under Dvergeheim. I think its so things like MPC vampires don't accidently get ported somewhere vulnerable.

ShadyWraith

« Reply #747 on: December 19, 2014, 12:19:35 AM »

Been noticing that since the new weather changes have gone in ALL interior areas have a temp of 32 degrees all the time.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #748 on: December 19, 2014, 01:37:38 AM »
Yeah, Shady, as well as that I think I remember the weather updates that pop-up are also giving the exterior weather, instead of interior weather. The ones that show up periodically, when you're staying in a zone. I was in Alexandru's Carpentry the other day and there was an 11m/s gale blowing through the stout building with no windows. Also, sometimes I was getting multiple weather updates upon entering some zones. I dunno whether all this is worth its own bug post.

I really like the weather system, by the way, it's great.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #749 on: December 19, 2014, 10:31:25 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right spot.. but i have two things that seem to be going on..

1: I noticed for a while now that i have 3 Greater sanctuary scrolls... two of them stack together but the third doesn't.. I'm not sure why since i have never seen a vender selling these scrolls unless someone sold it to said vender. but that one GS scroll wont stack onto the other two so i can condence them down..

and 2: I'm not sure where they came from but I bought some cure minor and light scrolls about a few months back or so... And the scrolls are wrong the scroll that looks like it should be using cure light is casting cure minor. and the cure minor was casting cure light. i used all my what should have been cure minors.. before i noticed.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero