You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236524 times)

Tsarenir

• New to the Mists
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #700 on: April 06, 2014, 12:26:59 AM »
Unfortunate that my first post isn't more important, but my friend and I are currently stuck inside of a hut in the goblin cave near the Vistani camp that you initially start by.
Just want to make sure this is known! It's quite devious, eheh.

Leif Hallvardrson, Nagrim Karkhad, Grommosh

Rodarn

• Outlander
« Reply #701 on: April 13, 2014, 04:17:46 AM »
The armorer in Vallaki (Matatious) Seems to have his craft option bugged, i went to him with a elytra and 200 gold and picked the options for a tower shield for 125. I finished the conversation but no change was made to my pack

similarly the bartender at the old anchor inn had nothing happen after i replied yes to him after him inquiring if i wanted a drink.

Perdiot Olivene

TornFear

• Crit-Magnet
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #702 on: April 13, 2014, 10:20:45 PM »
Wow, I was supposed to do this days ago.

So, I have the Trickery domain as a cleric, and it seems to be blocking my Special Feat Self2 slot that lets my wererat become a regular old fat rat? Poked around for a while, had a generous DM fiddle around with it to see if they could help and so far no luck.  It's not really crippling not being able to become a rat, but I was told it was worth mentioning.  :D

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #703 on: April 15, 2014, 12:00:46 PM »
can't rest on the first floor of the blue water inn.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #704 on: April 15, 2014, 01:23:57 PM »
can't rest on the first floor of the blue water inn.
Dats because it's a high class barovian top notch inn with garda! U need room to rest.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Onasaki

• Outlander
  • Adiik darasuum...
« Reply #705 on: April 22, 2014, 12:27:29 PM »
This isn't really a bug on the server, since I haven't actually joined up yet. However, I'm having problems with CEP allowing my character models to load in character creation. They do not show up, so I cannot adjust them to my liking.

I had this problem before, and both turning off the enviromental thinger for characters, and setting the compatibility to not use Desktop Composition fixed it at first. But since I installed CEP I cannot see my characters now in the creation menus.

Could someone help me out? I figure this is a minor issue, since it doesn't apply to the server itself.

-=Rilan Indoran=- -=Enzo=-

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #706 on: April 22, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »
Could someone help me out? I figure this is a minor issue, since it doesn't apply to the server itself.

You'll have more luck in the Tech Support section, since this is for minor bugs that do apply to the server itself.

Onasaki

• Outlander
  • Adiik darasuum...
« Reply #707 on: April 22, 2014, 12:35:36 PM »
Alright. Thanks. My mistake.

-=Rilan Indoran=- -=Enzo=-

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #708 on: April 23, 2014, 05:02:14 PM »
During NCW I used Flame Lash on my character, more than once, but it never dealt any damage.
I checked the listed spell changes, which only says the reflex save roll has been removed altogether.

Is this a known bug? Or a yet to be listed spell change? I made sure my concentration checks did succeed.
I tested mainly on rats, who to my knowledge have no fire or spell ressistance, but couldn't harm any of them.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #709 on: April 24, 2014, 06:43:44 PM »
I am not sure if this is known but the Blue Water in takes 30 coins twice upon asking for a room.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #710 on: April 25, 2014, 03:27:47 AM »
During NCW I used Flame Lash on my character, more than once, but it never dealt any damage.
I checked the listed spell changes, which only says the reflex save roll has been removed altogether.

Is this a known bug? Or a yet to be listed spell change? I made sure my concentration checks did succeed.
I tested mainly on rats, who to my knowledge have no fire or spell ressistance, but couldn't harm any of them.

It has been changed to use a touch attack instead. Did you check whether you actually hit them?

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #711 on: April 25, 2014, 06:56:20 AM »

It has been changed to use a touch attack instead. Did you check whether you actually hit them?

Not entirely sure if I did, although the odds of missing 6 times in a row seem a bit unlikely. That would explain it though.

Arael

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #712 on: April 25, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
Divine Favor duration doesn't double with the Duration Extended Feat.

It's duration only raises by 50%
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:57:55 AM by Aniel »

Kebab Removal Unit

« Reply #713 on: May 01, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »
Lesser Cheetah Cloak of the Amedio is not modifiable or lacks OOC note to state that it isn't.

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #714 on: May 19, 2014, 06:29:21 PM »
The realistic mind-flayer mask seems to have an unreasonably large target radius for some reason and impedes use of objects and doors.

xXCrystal_Rose

• Outlander
« Reply #715 on: May 19, 2014, 06:45:24 PM »
On the topic of doors, if you buy a key to a room for the night and rest in Constantin's Fishing Lodge it sets that as your last safe location. When logging in at your last safe location however it puts you back inside of that room trapping you behind a locked door that the key has already been long lost for.

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #716 on: May 19, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »
On the topic of doors, if you buy a key to a room for the night and rest in Constantin's Fishing Lodge it sets that as your last safe location. When logging in at your last safe location however it puts you back inside of that room trapping you behind a locked door that the key has already been long lost for.

warp to the ooc from the rest menu. It will unlock when you return.

Nikodemos called Torch

• New to the Mists
« Reply #717 on: June 14, 2014, 07:09:39 PM »
Sorry to bother you but in a recent DM event with Macabre, my character Saxton Ironfist cannot seem to craft or change appearance or color on clothing. Armor seems to work well, but cloaks are invisible--not sure if the effects work or not though....even new ones I pick up. Mac and I worked on this a bit last night, so perhaps he can tell you more, but no longer do cloaks appear on my character at all (he changes his cloaks to be "feathered hats"). i will try other things over the next few days to see if it is isolated to just cloaks, or worse. PM me ingame or here if you have any ideas or fixes please. thanks for all the hard work you guys do......jdsii (ingame log in)

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #718 on: June 14, 2014, 07:18:53 PM »
I know that if your character has the old man / hunched over phenotype the cloak slot doesn't show up.
Is there something like that which may be concealing your cloak slot? Did anything else change recently?

Nikodemos called Torch

• New to the Mists
« Reply #719 on: June 15, 2014, 05:21:18 PM »
Yes, Im not bent and broken (like old Janos or Fredek), but Saxton was recently tortured by Macabre, and he took a point of CON from him--to be returned later after he "heals" and such..or not? Mac didnt say, and I dont know fully what was done to the character and what was not. Only he can say with full knowledge. Surely Mac would have known this before he did it though.....hes been a longstanding DM since Ive been here the past 4 years. I will bring this up to him next time I see him online, unless he comes to me first. He mentioned a possible remake for the character, and if that is the only way to fix it, then I guess we will have to go that route...but I will speak to him about via PM. I prefer to not have to remake him to be honest, but I dont want him bugged.

• Dark Power
« Reply #720 on: June 25, 2014, 06:12:25 PM »
Name: Shield not being recognized when equipped on armor for modification.

Where: Tried at mist camp out side the resting tent and inside the resting tent. This made no difference.

When: This happen when I purchased a new shield from the Visanti and tried to modify the appearance.

What: I have tried reloging and requipping the shield it makes no difference.

Recreate: I have done this multiple times and can not modify such, However many other players can modify the shield. The other player that has issues with this is Talin Wintermark (Player Log in name Full Moon)

Ideas: I am not sure why this has occurred it worked just fine for me on 6\24\2014 but now it seems it does not reconize I have a shield. Below is a screen shot.

http://imageshack.com/a/img856/6036/kg21.jpg

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #721 on: June 25, 2014, 06:31:25 PM »
Name: Shield not being recognized when equipped on armor for modification.

Where: Tried at mist camp out side the resting tent and inside the resting tent. This made no difference.

When: This happen when I purchased a new shield from the Visanti and tried to modify the appearance.

What: I have tried reloging and requipping the shield it makes no difference.

Recreate: I have done this multiple times and can not modify such, However many other players can modify the shield. The other player that has issues with this is Talin Wintermark (Player Log in name Full Moon)

Ideas: I am not sure why this has occurred it worked just fine for me on 6\24\2014 but now it seems it does not reconize I have a shield. Below is a screen shot.

http://imageshack.com/a/img856/6036/kg21.jpg

What's the name of the shield?  If it's one that has been recently added to the "Can't modify appearance" list, it might not have an OOC warning added to it yet (And older versions would be craftable, which is why some other people might still be able to do it).  It sounds like that's the problem though, from what you're describing.  For whatever reason it may have been appearance locked.

Edit - Also, try equipping a different shield and seeing if you can craft that.  Also, hand your specific shield to another player and see if they can craft it.

Maleficar

• New to the Mists
  • LANNISTER
« Reply #722 on: July 03, 2014, 12:41:36 PM »
The realistic mind-flayer mask seems to have an unreasonably large target radius for some reason and impedes use of objects and doors.

Normal target radius.

Illithid model target radius.

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #723 on: August 25, 2014, 02:54:05 AM »
During practice / theater costume stuff and brain storming, accidentally hit the npc bard helper for the theater with the color spray crystal. Now, might be a bit wrong here, but I wouldn't think that would jump my ocr in port 100 points. . .but it did.
Currently making a few influence checks occasionally around port now. Not sure if the extreme jump in ocr is suppose to be that bad, or if its a bug. And given the situation where we were trying out different things to decide what might work well for a street festival I think we might have to cross off pretty colors,lol.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #724 on: September 16, 2014, 01:46:29 PM »
There's an item I found, a spoon actually, that was described as being able to create food magically and had one use/day. Problem is apparently the custom script for it is broken because it's consumed immediately upon use, making it the most expensive and hard to identify food ration in the game. Would be a great item if this could be fixed.
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir