Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 237571 times)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #675 on: January 13, 2014, 12:26:28 PM »
went and tested again right after the fresh reset we had. Trolls are still not taking additional cold damage (least from varnishes). I tried a strong one this time, they do 1-8 cold damage, waited for about 30 hits to look at the log, no rolls over 8 for damage. many for just 1-2 points.
Lucadia, I'm not arguing that this isn't happening. I'm saying the trolls haven't been altered. As BahamutZERO posted, it's happening to other creatures with different damage types. It's a more widespread bug related to either damage or the spells themselves.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #676 on: January 13, 2014, 12:29:32 PM »
went and tested again right after the fresh reset we had. Trolls are still not taking additional cold damage (least from varnishes). I tried a strong one this time, they do 1-8 cold damage, waited for about 30 hits to look at the log, no rolls over 8 for damage. many for just 1-2 points.
Lucadia, I'm not arguing that this isn't happening. I'm saying the trolls haven't been altered. As BahamutZERO posted, it's happening to other creatures with different damage types. It's a more widespread bug related to either damage or the spells themselves.
Frozen corpses have never taken fire damage since iv started playing here or had reduced fire damage . that one I have no idea if thats intentional or not.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #677 on: January 14, 2014, 05:14:01 PM »
Well, I've readjusted the loot and added Bash DCs to the chests.

thank youuuuu

looks neat btw since i first saw that house i always wondered what was going on in it.

Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #678 on: January 25, 2014, 12:52:31 AM »
Blaustein Gem Bounty: These artifacts stack. If you turn them in while stacked, you only get quest reward and gold for one.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #679 on: January 25, 2014, 06:53:32 AM »
Wachter Lands, at the Wachter Outpost and some of the areas to the west of that.
These areas do not seem to count as outdoor areas, you can't build campfires there.

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #680 on: January 25, 2014, 11:22:19 AM »
Wachter Lands, at the Wachter Outpost and some of the areas to the west of that.
These areas do not seem to count as outdoor areas, you can't build campfires there.

I noticed that but if you go right off to the side there into the 'haunted woods' warning sign you can build one there.

Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #681 on: January 25, 2014, 11:47:05 AM »

I noticed that but if you go right off to the side there into the 'haunted woods' warning sign you can build one there.

I know, same for the Wachter Estate areas. It's still a minor bug I felt that should have be reported though.
It's a good two or more areas in a row that don't allow campfires still, not a high priority issue, but still.

Gutshank

• Dirty n00b!!!1
  • Dark Power
« Reply #682 on: February 23, 2014, 06:23:36 PM »

Barovia - Old Slavich Road - Crossroads

Something odd about that Doberman..
~Dawn Bless~

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #683 on: February 23, 2014, 06:28:28 PM »

His grammar is appalling.  Silly dog.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #684 on: February 23, 2014, 06:52:51 PM »

"I mean... woof, woof."
: )

FullMoon

• Undead Master
« Reply #685 on: March 05, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »
The ant caverns near villiage of Barovia has been eating my shields. Both times I have been killed there my shield has vanished while my money and weapon remain.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #686 on: March 05, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »

Seems it had 8 intelligence. Dog people, my dog is sooo clever.  :roll:

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #687 on: March 05, 2014, 12:39:08 PM »
Radu has laser eyes. Everyone else rolls influence checks on me... but not Radu. D: Anyone know why this might be? My OCR is just under the 16 limit.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #688 on: March 05, 2014, 09:09:14 PM »
For some reason I cannot post spoiler tags in my own journal in the bio topic.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #689 on: March 06, 2014, 07:46:29 AM »
Radu has laser eyes. Everyone else rolls influence checks on me... but not Radu. D: Anyone know why this might be? My OCR is just under the 16 limit.

He might recognize your outfit. Try to slip into something else (both need helmet and cloth) and see if that triggers new influence checks.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #690 on: March 06, 2014, 12:12:32 PM »

He might recognize your outfit. Try to slip into something else (both need helmet and cloth) and see if that triggers new influence checks.

O_o That's... pretty cool. BUT: nobody ever sees Marianne without her helmet because she literally looks like a walking corpse by now, so I'm not sure how Radu would have seen her to register the OCR thing in the first place! I'll give it a try though.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #691 on: March 06, 2014, 01:38:05 PM »

O_o That's... pretty cool. BUT: nobody ever sees Marianne without her helmet because she literally looks like a walking corpse by now, so I'm not sure how Radu would have seen her to register the OCR thing in the first place! I'll give it a try though.

If you do a crime or fail an influence check with that helmet on, people will recognise it even if they haven't seen her without the helmet. Effectively, it's then helmet that gives her away.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #692 on: March 06, 2014, 04:29:57 PM »
For some reason I cannot post spoiler tags in my own journal in the bio topic.
Should be fixed now.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #693 on: March 06, 2014, 06:48:58 PM »
Subdual doesn't seem to work for me.

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #694 on: March 06, 2014, 06:59:45 PM »
Subdual doesn't seem to work for me.

If you're using a weapon/gloves with extra damage on them like Fire or Acid or what-have-you, if the extra damage is what puts them into negative HP, they won't be subdued.  (At least, in my testing this is what I've found.)  It makes sense, because is you're looking to restrain someone you should use a club or something, not a flaming greatsword renown for it's ability to split boulders in half.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #695 on: March 07, 2014, 01:25:57 PM »

If you do a crime or fail an influence check with that helmet on, people will recognise it even if they haven't seen her without the helmet. Effectively, it's then helmet that gives her away.

Just in, and I'm not sure if it's just me or not... it might be an OCR thing, I can't tell. But if I try to talk to someone like Lizuca, she will just turn and flee the temple. No hostility because I'm below the OCR cap but she just flees, lol.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #696 on: March 07, 2014, 05:53:11 PM »

Just in, and I'm not sure if it's just me or not... it might be an OCR thing, I can't tell. But if I try to talk to someone like Lizuca, she will just turn and flee the temple. No hostility because I'm below the OCR cap but she just flees, lol.

It's not just you. Leonar Ardon just tried to speak to Bianca and she ran away from him for no reason, when she came back I could no longer interact with her at all.

Kebab Removal Unit

« Reply #697 on: March 07, 2014, 06:19:03 PM »
There are some really strange occurrences regarding certain NPC's as of late. For example, both Lizuca and Bianca tend to leave their designated areas upon being interacted with, and at times, they return, only to become incapable of conversation.

Indigocell

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #698 on: March 07, 2014, 07:58:16 PM »
Yes, this happened to our group yesterday.  She wouldn't leave one of us alone and couldn't be interacted with, at least by me.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #699 on: March 16, 2014, 09:32:14 PM »
the candle vfx seems to get turned off for me if I log off and back on/leave the zone and come back later. The candle is still regarded as On though, but just no vfx.