You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236558 times)

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #650 on: January 10, 2014, 12:02:43 AM »
Old Anchor Inn- Top Floor. Looks like the floor is a bit crooked! lol

Thanks a lot Torrey. :)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #651 on: January 10, 2014, 03:35:16 PM »
another one.

rotting hills barovia, that creepy house.

all chests cannot be crowbarred.

also the loot does not represent the level of danger, in other words it's not worth the effort.

cause dc 41 to lockpick and get zapped by a strong to dealdy electrical trap to get 5gp some wooden cup and some other useless item is not what i call reward.

:D
Odd, the lock shouldn't be that difficult, and the trap shouldn't be that deadly. Which chest was this? Screenshot it please.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #652 on: January 10, 2014, 09:51:47 PM »
another one.

also the loot does not represent the level of danger, in other words it's not worth the effort.

cause dc 41 to lockpick and get zapped by a strong to dealdy electrical trap to get 5gp some wooden cup and some other useless item is not what i call reward.

Odd, the lock shouldn't be that difficult, and the trap shouldn't be that deadly. Which chest was this? Screenshot it please.

i'l simplefy it

ALL chests, if you enter from the house go down that one so on so on
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

• Dark Power
« Reply #653 on: January 11, 2014, 07:07:35 AM »
I have tried everything to get gunpowder to work. Is it working, what is the formula, give me at least a hint Please.... :( :( :(

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #654 on: January 11, 2014, 09:50:09 AM »
I have tried everything to get gunpowder to work. Is it working, what is the formula, give me at least a hint Please.... :( :( :(
Ludwig knows... [Twirls fake-mustache, as mustaches and beards are for savages] ...But he'll never tell the awesome.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #655 on: January 11, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »

Are you in doubt about what ingredients you need to craft it, how to conduct the process, or how to use the finished product?

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #656 on: January 11, 2014, 12:36:32 PM »
another one.

i'l simplefy it

ALL chests, if you enter from the house go down that one so on so on
The house doesn't even have trapped chests, it's got a barrel, a pile of rocks, and a web coccoon, none of which are trapped or locked.

swbf2lord

« Reply #657 on: January 11, 2014, 01:22:28 PM »
He may be thinking of under the house then, because, I know as well, that there are chests in the DC 38-40 range, with a few gold pieces inside, near that area.

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #658 on: January 11, 2014, 02:53:11 PM »
Well, I've readjusted the loot and added Bash DCs to the chests.

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #659 on: January 11, 2014, 03:18:10 PM »

Are you in doubt about what ingredients you need to craft it, how to conduct the process, or how to use the finished product?

75% saltpeter (potassium nitrate), 10% sulfur, and 15% charcoal. you need to know this stuff in case society ever collapses people!

Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Daboomer

• Dark Power
« Reply #660 on: January 11, 2014, 03:20:55 PM »

75% saltpeter (potassium nitrate), 10% sulfur, and 15% charcoal. you need to know this stuff in case society ever collapses people

I would say that you need it so you can collapse societey, but i wont seeing that might bring Monsinyana unwanted attention!

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #661 on: January 11, 2014, 04:51:15 PM »
Iv no idea if this has been reported but the trident Trishula can not apply greater magic weapon too.

• Dark Power
« Reply #662 on: January 12, 2014, 05:02:40 AM »

I have the saltpeter, the sulpher and the charcoal, but when combined in alchemy table [Either table] with any sort of vessel it keeps coming up with invalid recipe. what am I doing wrong??

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #663 on: January 12, 2014, 06:20:03 AM »
I have the saltpeter, the sulpher and the charcoal, but when combined in alchemy table [Either table] with any sort of vessel it keeps coming up with invalid recipe. what am I doing wrong??

I only know how leatherworking works, but maybe you lack a recipe item? Like how leatherworking requires patterns. That or insufficient reagants. Or a missing secret ingredient!

• Dark Power
« Reply #664 on: January 12, 2014, 06:54:55 AM »

I only know how leatherworking works, but maybe you lack a recipe item? Like how leatherworking requires patterns. That or insufficient reagants. Or a missing secret ingredient!

Perhaps but I am not sure what that would be...If your basing it off real gun powder, then I have all the ingredients. If for instance your not, then I don't know and is why I posted such.

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #665 on: January 12, 2014, 08:09:22 AM »

Perhaps but I am not sure what that would be...If your basing it off real gun powder, then I have all the ingredients. If for instance your not, then I don't know and is why I posted such.

I bet you need a woodworking barrel
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #666 on: January 12, 2014, 09:56:43 AM »
The base resources have to be processed before you can use them. Sulphur rocks have to go through a smelter and saltpetre needs to go through distillation.

• Dark Power
« Reply #667 on: January 12, 2014, 10:54:46 AM »
The base resources have to be processed before you can use them. Sulphur rocks have to go through a smelter and saltpetre needs to go through distillation.

Thank you!!

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #668 on: January 13, 2014, 12:58:32 AM »
Appears the fire trolls no longer take additional damage from cold damage. so not only does it nerf cold varnishes where they had a niche place to be used that, but also the only spell that casters can use in aiding their party.

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #669 on: January 13, 2014, 02:20:29 AM »
Appears the fire trolls no longer take additional damage from cold damage. so not only does it nerf cold varnishes where they had a niche place to be used that, but also the only spell that casters can use in aiding their party.
The desert trolls have not been altered. They still take extra damage from cold.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:22:28 AM by Bluebomber4evr »

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #670 on: January 13, 2014, 07:47:49 AM »
The desert trolls have not been altered. They still take extra damage from cold.
They was not taking extra cold damage today. I had used cold varnishes of the 1d12 variety and for the entire encounter never rolled above a 12 including criticals. Including just doing 1 point of damage. This seems highly unprobably to roll a 1 on a critical for cold damage.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #671 on: January 13, 2014, 08:03:06 AM »
Criticals are not relevant for varnishes; they're an OnHit property and therefore don't get multiplied. That being said, it does sound like trolls are no longer vulnerable to cold...
Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #672 on: January 13, 2014, 11:56:24 AM »
Like I said, the trolls have not been altered. Their creature skins still show 50% vulnerability to cold and reduced saves vs. cold.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #673 on: January 13, 2014, 12:06:15 PM »

This might or might not be related, I noticed last night that Frozen Corpses don't take fire damage. Also, that place is scary and doesn't give much in the way of reward for facing the potential 100+ dmg in a round from frostbite auras if you don't have scorching varnishes.
: )

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #674 on: January 13, 2014, 12:23:27 PM »
went and tested again right after the fresh reset we had. Trolls are still not taking additional cold damage (least from varnishes). I tried a strong one this time, they do 1-8 cold damage, waited for about 30 hits to look at the log, no rolls over 8 for damage. many for just 1-2 points.