You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236464 times)

jlove916

• Undead Slayer
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #575 on: June 07, 2013, 03:03:50 PM »
I have twice been locked inside the fishing lodge rooms.  The key is taken when you enter, and the door is locked form the inside.  Thud has also happened to another character Dirk. It has only happened in the fishing lodge, but I have not tested it elsewhere. 
Cyber bullets cause no pain.

Pookzob

• New to the Mists
« Reply #576 on: June 12, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »
The feat info for "Toggle dislike" says: "Activate this to have your character walk rather than running."

This bug is still here.
I have a +1 question brewing in this skull somewhere

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #577 on: June 28, 2013, 12:13:34 AM »
silver bolts can't seem to damage were-wolves

What are the stats on the bolts? I know there was an issue with the old crafted bolts that they'd do +1d4 divine damage (this would damage them), but the damage of the bolt itself wouldn't. I know this has been fixed for newly created bolts, but perhaps yours are old? Or possibly found bolts are still the old version?

My bolts were from the NPC silversmith in town.

MadJKevlar

• Undead Master
  • Ah! the generals! (is AKA WhenWolvesHoundThePrey)
« Reply #578 on: July 02, 2013, 12:41:51 PM »
OK the locations in Hazlan I know (And these do effect every one who travels there)

Spoiler: show
Itu Skoven South - Ramp down into forest just after entering the transition from the north - Blocked by invisible Barrier at the exact map location Jayne is standing.

Itu Skoven North - Abandoned Logging camp - First ramp heading southwards is partially blocked at the exact map location Jayne is standing.

Northern Border region - Barovian border - As soon as you make your way down the ramp from the vistani camp you begin to air walk, whole road is like it more or less.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #579 on: July 02, 2013, 02:10:40 PM »
Yeah it is still happening in certain spots, the ascent to the path has some bad clipping, or whatever it's called when you are dropped beneath the map, also the darkling camp and forest fane
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #580 on: July 02, 2013, 11:09:06 PM »
Hmm, that doesn't make much sense. Can others confirm this? And could you try to re-download the haks to make sure you have the correct version?

The haks I have are from June 3rd unless they have been updated since then?
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #581 on: July 04, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
Pretty sure the headless/invisible npcs in some areas is a known loading glitch. I know that some players can see it at certain times, while others can't.

It's not just me that sees it though. The other day another player told me that the NPCs were all gimpy in Tigan's, he said it was the loading bug. But when I went in there yesterday, the NPCs were gimpy in the exact same way. So I'm wondering if the NPCs are always gimpy.

I actually think it has more to do with the videocard, since for some folks there is no problem, for others one or two of the local patrons are missing.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #582 on: July 08, 2013, 04:14:34 PM »
Not sure if this is a place to post personal bugs however!

I think my character "Runs with Wolves" is horribly horribly bugged.  I'm unsure exactly when it all started... but I started noticing my Abber Nomad "Runs with Wolves" began to recieve -4 to his will saves... I wonderded "Why?" I asked a DM and they told me I was in an underground place that did that. I'm usually under the understanding that when you enter such areas that do that, it tells you in the combat log; but I took his word for it. I still noticed the problem while dungeoning and thought maybe those were also area's where will was lowered. Then! there was the last straw!

Me and my gnomish sorcerer buddy just got back from an assassin bugs run... I was fully rested, and healed of all ailments, I have NO items that lower Will. We were having some fun in skype poking at eachother then he decides to cast "Colorspray" on me. I failed my save while I was in the wood working shop in port'a'luicine. I looked at the combat log and I noticed that I was missing 4 Will Bonus when he had attacked me with that spell. that I was rolling a +7 when it should have been a +11.

Unless of course the woodshop has one of those will reducing area of affects, or if for some reason Abber Nomads get a -4 to will (i'd be surprised if they did, but that would also be a logical explanation I suppose) then I think I am actually badly bugged out on him.

I currently have no items that lower will, I did at somepoint pick up a cloak of the savage but I never really wore it... perhaps for some strange reason it's negatives got stuck on me?

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #583 on: July 18, 2013, 09:58:15 PM »
The Transition from Hotep back into the Troll Chasm seems to be broken. I thought it was lag, but im not lagging at all now, and I cant exit the dungeon.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

Kendaric

• Undead Master
« Reply #584 on: July 24, 2013, 04:35:03 AM »
Item weight for a holdable pipe is 3.0, which seems a bit odd and unintentional to me. I assume it was meant to be 0.3 instead.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #585 on: July 24, 2013, 04:53:57 AM »
Item weight for a holdable pipe is 3.0, which seems a bit odd and unintentional to me. I assume it was meant to be 0.3 instead.

its also 3.0 for the spyglass and the magnify glass you can hold , which seems way over weight for those items

redcrayon

• New to the Mists
« Reply #586 on: July 26, 2013, 10:52:59 PM »
While RP questing, my character, Mystaya was transition teleported to a weird place in the desert, and immediately burned to death. Now I am dead and completely unobtainable. I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, but there are no DMs on to get help from. The area is Har'Akir, Northwestern Desert - Northwestern Reach

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #587 on: July 29, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »
When you talk to Nadia Ionelus in Vallakil City Hall she runs away and despawns xD
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Snowflame

• Prince of all Saiyans
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #588 on: August 04, 2013, 05:28:12 PM »
Well I go up to the general store guy today and he goes...

"No way I say!"

Of course, this isn't a proper greeting :P

It's not a major issue but thought the development team may like to know. I think some NPC's play the wrong voice.

FullMoon

• Undead Master
« Reply #589 on: August 14, 2013, 08:47:58 AM »
The printer in the Port does not seem to be working right, twice he charged me for copies (paper not book) that kept my title and had no text beyond the advertisement for the printing company.

NecroDude

• Undead Slayer
  • ~Skype: thenotoriouscloak~ "The dead walketh"
« Reply #590 on: September 18, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »
I cast control undead on a skeleton and it said it was immune to mind affecting spells :I even though it failed the save

Characters: Morvis X'angondur (Secondary) Markus Shadebane/Julius Lightbringer, Wererat (Dead) Adrian Von Viklov (Main Character) Bash'ar Romenestos (Alt) Lillian Greyfeather (Alt)

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #591 on: September 19, 2013, 05:20:34 AM »
I cast control undead on a skeleton and it said it was immune to mind affecting spells :I even though it failed the save

Undead are immune to mind-affecting spells, so that's working as intended. Failing the will save is irrelevant, the only bug about that is even seeing a will save. But that might just be how the engine works.

• Dark Power
« Reply #592 on: September 19, 2013, 06:08:37 AM »

Undead are immune to mind-affecting spells, so that's working as intended. Failing the will save is irrelevant, the only bug about that is even seeing a will save. But that might just be how the engine works.

Control undead should work on undead, or its a useless spell....

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Sinful_Wishes

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #593 on: September 19, 2013, 06:31:45 AM »

Control undead should work on undead, or its a useless spell....

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Control_undead

Quote from: NWN Wiki
This spell bypasses immunity to mind-affecting spells. (It would be useless otherwise, since undead typically have that immunity.)
Its always been a bioware thing. Spell works as intended.

Oswald: I vanted a bag of traps, but all I got vas genitals.
Ophelia: I got Osvald's bag of traps, now I'm forever encumberedt.

NecroDude

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #594 on: September 19, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »
Everytime I cast it, it incurs a will save and regardless of making the save or not says its immune to mind spells meaning it is considered one here I suppose

Characters: Morvis X'angondur (Secondary) Markus Shadebane/Julius Lightbringer, Wererat (Dead) Adrian Von Viklov (Main Character) Bash'ar Romenestos (Alt) Lillian Greyfeather (Alt)

queenofspades

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #595 on: September 20, 2013, 08:07:04 AM »
does it come under your control, even though it states that it is immune? just curious. But it sounds like something here has been tweaked.
Currently Playing
Filipa Florea
Gwendolyn Blackmore
Ylndar Lharithlyn
Erik Mihaly
Chloe Labelle

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #596 on: September 20, 2013, 12:26:21 PM »
Everytime I cast it, it incurs a will save and regardless of making the save or not says its immune to mind spells meaning it is considered one here I suppose

When you cast Control Undead, the creature will get a will save (as intended). It will also say "Immune to Mind Affecting Spells", which 'technically' it is, but Control undead has a hidden bypass scripted.

So while its showing you "Immune" It actually isn't. The spell functions as normal (If it fails its save, it should come under your control as a dominated follower), the only 'bug' with the interaction is it saying "Immune", when its not immune.

But the spell should still function as intended, just ignore the immune notice.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

NecroDude

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #597 on: September 20, 2013, 06:34:25 PM »
But that's just it! The undead failed its save :o then it said it was immune and didn't work.

Tamtam

• Outlander
« Reply #598 on: October 17, 2013, 03:16:46 PM »
Celenduil has picked up an annoying new habit. It's called dropping to -3 any time that I log in.

Current characters:
Marketh Bloodhorn. "Totally a bard."
Celenduil Noromiel. "I'm helping!" *Isn't actually helping*

Badelaire

« Reply #599 on: October 21, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »
Madame Keja's dialogue is broken. When prompted to select the "continue" option for her tarokka readings it just ends the conversation.