Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236439 times)

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #550 on: May 04, 2013, 07:27:15 PM »
Category: Crafting

Stations Tested: Only Vallki woodcrafting station

Bug: If you try to buy a template from the merchant without enough space in your inventory the template disappears altogether from the NPC merchant inventory. Unfortunately it seems it's restored only after a reset.

Steps to reproduce: Fill a PC inventory and try buying a template.

Has been a issue with all craft materials for as long as i can remember.

exactly, it is this way with all the merchants.
(Solution leave the are for 4-6 IC hours, usually the merchant resets and will have the template again.)
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #551 on: May 08, 2013, 06:07:03 AM »
I do not know if it is a bug or not, so i'll post it here, but apparantly the Vallaki pawn shop guy does not sell the extra items he used to sell. Like ring of animal friendship and so forth. (Murnu is selling the extra weapons and armor, and miscellanous, but no magic items or accessories)
Currently playing:

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #552 on: May 13, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »

This was right after I hit the transition to the shadow caves under the dwarven city

dark_majico

« Reply #553 on: May 14, 2013, 12:20:33 PM »

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #554 on: May 16, 2013, 05:37:18 PM »
Well a very strange thing happened to my poor ranger.
His companion just disappeared. I had him summoned, i told it to stand ground, while my char disposed of some crag cats, while the last one ran away, i chased it and the animal companion suddenly disappeared from the party.
In my combat log there was no mention of it dying, nor that it got unsummoned, or that it was fighting(no rolls, no damage etc.). It had full hp, then the next moment, it is not in my party.
Sadly about 3 minutes later my character died, and had to respawn. Mechanically the animal companion is treated dead, even though no message in the combat log stated it.(looked it through three times!) No damage was taken by the animal companion and i was at maximum 1.5 half screen away from it.
So from full hp it disappeared, and now is considered dead.
Currently playing:

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #555 on: May 16, 2013, 05:41:21 PM »
The summon AI, Animal Empathy AI, and the familiar AI is back to its old tricks. these summons have to be told to do each thing again, and will just stand there and take hits without fighting back. I witnessed a Huecuva skeleton warrior summon right next to my PC, and stand there like a rock as my PC wailed on the Huecuva.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #556 on: May 16, 2013, 06:40:52 PM »
The summon AI, Animal Empathy AI, and the familiar AI is back to its old tricks. these summons have to be told to do each thing again, and will just stand there and take hits without fighting back. I witnessed a Huecuva skeleton warrior summon right next to my PC, and stand there like a rock as my PC wailed on the Huecuva.

Please read again then what I described.
The animal companion disappeared from the party. Second 1 full hp, second 2 it is not there.
I have reread the combat log 3(!) times to see if it died, got unsummoned accidentally or anything.
None of these has happened, nor was in the combat log any kind of message stating that it was damaged, harmed, or was attacked or it was fighting something.
Even when you are allmost a map away(You are on map east border and animal companion on west border), you still get the yellow text stating that:
Your animal companion died.

This time no such message appeared. It just disappeared. This is what surprised me, since I have quite an experience with animal companions.
In the 4-5 years I play here, I have mostly played ranger or druid.
Currently playing:

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #557 on: May 16, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »
I think he was just posting another 'minor issue' and not replying to your post.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #558 on: May 16, 2013, 07:43:25 PM »

New report of old returning issue. I did not witness any summon or companion disappear.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #559 on: May 17, 2013, 05:33:51 AM »
In that case, sorry, and accept my humble apologies.
Currently playing:

crimsonrain15

• New to the Mists
« Reply #560 on: May 17, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »
I was just wanting to let someone know that the guards in Krezk that the guards are called "Wachter Guards."  I'm not sure if it's a typo and supposed to be Watcher Guards or not, but I just thought I would let someone know.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #561 on: May 17, 2013, 05:15:07 PM »
I was just wanting to let someone know that the guards in Krezk that the guards are called "Wachter Guards."  I'm not sure if it's a typo and supposed to be Watcher Guards or not, but I just thought I would let someone know.

I think it is deliberately so, because those lands are the Wachter families lands, who are the most loyal boyar/aristocratic family to the Count.
Currently playing:

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »
Not sure if it is just lag. . . .but now the Port bounty board convo continues to pop up at random moments. Even several maps later and seeing merchants and the caravan.

I will be walking and suddenly the convo pops up :/

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #563 on: May 17, 2013, 05:25:05 PM »
Not sure if it is just lag. . . .but now the Port bounty board convo continues to pop up at random moments. Even several maps later and seeing merchants and the caravan.

I will be walking and suddenly the convo pops up :/

There is an interesting thing about that bounty board.  If you use it, you can walk off and go do whatever, but the next person that clicks on that board will cause the text to show up for you briefly.  Then the next person causes it to show up for the person that clicked on it after you.  So on and so forth.

Basically, it shows it for the last person that clicked on it.  It's why you have to click the board twice to make it work most times.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #564 on: May 19, 2013, 08:50:08 PM »
I went to the ruined outpost to do some fighting, but to my distress, nothing would fight back.  A hacuava cast a couple spells at me, but nothing charged me or even fought back if I engaged it.

Is cuz of lagg.

Maybe so, but I've never seen anything quite like this. Their not attacking at all. They will go into attack stance, and then just....stop. Over and over again. I'll bet Hara'kir is getting its ass farmed off right now.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #565 on: May 19, 2013, 10:17:26 PM »
I went to the ruined outpost to do some fighting, but to my distress, nothing would fight back.  A hacuava cast a couple spells at me, but nothing charged me or even fought back if I engaged it.

Is cuz of lagg.

Maybe so, but I've never seen anything quite like this. Their not attacking at all. They will go into attack stance, and then just....stop. Over and over again. I'll bet Hara'kir is getting its ass farmed off right now.

Actually it did happen at times before, but usually when the server housed over 60 or so people.
Currently with the problems the server is having i would say that when the player count, is over 35-40 this bugg regularly occurs.
Also I am unsure, but as i noticed, it may be possible that they do not attack, because their autopath finder script seems to be broken, since most of the time they appear to try to move, but they cannot.(They do not have to be in attack stance, they try to move toward you, but cannot.)
Currently playing:

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #566 on: May 20, 2013, 06:35:25 AM »
One of the reasons I'm not sure its lags is because its only happening on their end. If it were lag your own character would be suffering from the same effects. What they are doing is acting like they are blinded and cant see you.

Valiant_Destiny

• Outlander
« Reply #567 on: May 20, 2013, 03:10:57 PM »
Glitch in the Southern Forest Vallaki.  In this picture is where it starts, and it seem to be having my character run in the air.  

I ran around the forest and it seems to do this in multiple areas.   I then ran around near the Ladies Rest and the temple, and the problem did not seem to happen at all.  

I logged back in to see if it fixed anything and it did not.  

Also... the animals, when they walk over to a certain spot they look like they are in the air, then walking back they are on the ground once more.

Running around I saw that it seems to be at the beginning of each "Sectional" (I don't understand the toolset that well so excuse my terminology).

This was at the beginning of one of the sectionals, when I took steps forward I was running in the air (just like the deer) for perhaps ten steps, and then it dropped me to ground once more, then happened again a few steps later.

Hope this helps?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:27:21 PM by Valiant_Destiny »

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #568 on: May 20, 2013, 03:46:16 PM »
Not sure if it is just lag, but on my run to port i was repeatedly tossed up into the sky. Even while just running across flat maps on the road. Also when i got to the mountains i was sunken into them and running below the map. Iv never experienced such this bad with lag ever so brought it up.

ponygold

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Undead Master
  • Strafing like a wizard since 2012
« Reply #569 on: May 20, 2013, 05:21:51 PM »
Not sure if it is just lag, but on my run to port i was repeatedly tossed up into the sky. Even while just running across flat maps on the road. Also when i got to the mountains i was sunken into them and running below the map. Iv never experienced such this bad with lag ever so brought it up.

This has happened to me as well, seems anywhere there is a change in height levels while moving.
Character:       Active: 
Arrun Correus       Yes   [No]  
Bejòr Rathenas     Yes   [No]
Jacho                 [Yes]   No     
Cerèbus Müldir     Yes   [No]

Login: softpillow         Discord: ponygold#2826

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #570 on: May 20, 2013, 05:57:34 PM »
I have seen some of these latest bugs before in my own mod. When you add tile set haks, the internal hak files, in this case the door 2da, over rides the version that was used. the result is, if the doors on the old don't match the entry on the new, they are removed from the area, because now every area is using the new door 2da.

As for the floating in air, that's a tile set issue, where the walk mesh of a tile set, in this case probably one of the CTP tile sets is overwriting the walk mesh for the rural/forest combo that the "error" occurred in. Sorting it out is going to take time. I suggest that you ask Bannor Bloodfist  http://harvestmoonconsortium.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=58
one of the CTP team members to look at the walk mesh for the forest/rural combo that PtoM has been using all along, and ask him to adjust it to work with the CTP tile sets.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #571 on: May 20, 2013, 08:58:35 PM »
Now experiencing the walking in air issue with Port in the slums area. The "Curb" is tossing me up in the air.

Also the bounties in port are now running about during the day slaughtering npcs.

Apocrypha

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #572 on: May 21, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »
 :arrow: NPCs may not be responding to Drawn Weapons by PCs when initiating conversations.
Banned Indefinitely.

Apocrypha

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #573 on: May 22, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »
:arrow: NPCs may not be responding to Drawn Weapons by PCs when initiating conversations.

"may"? Where and who?

Djordi, the Mist Camp Vistani if I recall correctly, will sell to you even if you have a weapon equipped.  The Leatherworker in Vallaki, Aleksei, also doesn't mind if you're holding a curing knife when you talk to him. 

The Vistani Captain still says "you'd dare to threaten me" etc etc.  I'll be sure to test waving my weapons in front of more NPCs :)
Banned Indefinitely.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #574 on: May 22, 2013, 06:52:48 PM »
Djordi, the Mist Camp Vistani if I recall correctly, will sell to you even if you have a weapon equipped.  The Leatherworker in Vallaki, Aleksei, also doesn't mind if you're holding a curing knife when you talk to him. 

Pretty sure that's not a bug or if it is, I wouldn't mind it. At least in the case of the leatherworker.
Else you have unequip the curing knife every time you have to buy more tanning or patterns.