You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236505 times)

Feronius

• Dark Power
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #425 on: December 23, 2012, 02:32:13 PM »
I guess that makes sense, but eh... doesn't the -exact- same principle apply for the Morninglord church?
The only difference being that they would be less picky on who to heal from their side, but it's still a bit crude to only have 1 "religion" that can heal and ress available.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #426 on: December 23, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
I guess that makes sense, but eh... doesn't the -exact- same principle apply for the Morninglord church?
The only difference being that they would be less picky on who to heal from their side, but it's still a bit crude to only have 1 "religion" that can heal and ress available.

no you have more.
1: morninglordians   free for all
2: ezrites  (but that needs some work towards the faction)   
3: the drain?  (aint sure)
4: independant clerics
5: other domains (but lets not count that due to the fact most are in barovia)

so for the hack and slash and less rp oriented players we have option 1,4

for the more serious rpers we got option all other options.

so in short for each there own, its just a little difrant for ncw thats all when thats done all other means are available again.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

airengale

• Dark Lord
  • Security, is mortals' chiefest enemy.
« Reply #427 on: December 23, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »

no you have more.
1: morninglordians   free for all
2: ezrites  (but that needs some work towards the faction)   
3: the drain?  (aint sure)
4: independant clerics
5: other domains (but lets not count that due to the fact most are in barovia)

so for the hack and slash and less rp oriented players we have option 1,4

for the more serious rpers we got option all other options.

so in short for each there own, its just a little difrant for ncw thats all when thats done all other means are available again.

In regards to distrust, it is similar. Although the cult is less organized, they are still not trusted and regarded with suspicion by Barovians; this is because the religion is popular with Gundarkites. The religion is chaotic, so it's quite different than the Ezrites in regards with how they handle others outside their religion, which means they will be more liberal with whom they help and heal.

Oh and let's keep this thread clear from muddling discussions.

Sethraan Synne - "The righteous will receive their reward."
Horatiu Bochinsky - "It's just a job."
Aleah Althanos - "Today is a glorious day to die!"

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #428 on: December 23, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »
Unless you're counting things accesible to the mid to higher level players, such as a cleric character that happens to be around, there are actually only two factions / groups that can bring you back to live. The Morninglord, obviously, and the Ezrites. But the last option requires you to be part of the faction first. Everything else you named can only heal wounds, but there's many ways to do that. The main concern is that there's only one non-inconvenient way to raise the dead, which is the Morninglord church. Which in the case of most characters (everyone who isn't a follower or at least favours the Morninglord faith) means compromising your RP slightly, in exchange for mechanics.

It would just be nice to have another option to ressurect / raise dead (whichever is the right term), since not everyone knows a cleric of the appropriate level.

Anyhow, this isn't the topic ment for suggestions and I'm quite sure this suggestion has been made before. I simply thought it might not have been intentional for the Ezrite NPCs to only heal / ress faction members, as I personally see much more gain than any downside from removing the limitation. Hence why I posted here, instead of making a new topic about such a small change / unintended bug or whatever it is.

Feel free to remove all unneccesary replies / discussions as you wish.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 04:24:47 PM by Feronius »

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #429 on: December 23, 2012, 06:31:46 PM »
A few maps from vallaki lies dvergheim where you can get rezzed.
Also I think every land accessible from the myst camp has a rez option.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #430 on: December 29, 2012, 10:37:02 AM »
Dumitru's script seems to be broken, he goes out to take a suicidical stroll at night, regularly. He draws every rat to the slums temple regularly.

apparantly this is the cause at other places too.
In the lodge folks came in, then they turned around and walked out into the night. (They open the door too, manually and not just disappear before the door)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:15:40 PM by Ercvadasz »
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

ponygold

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Undead Master
  • Strafing like a wizard since 2012
« Reply #431 on: January 03, 2013, 03:10:53 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it is the third time it has happened. Just outside Krofburg in the transition before you get into the city, the game seems to crash. It has happened multiple times now and only just before you get to the transition to move into the city.
Character:       Active: 
Arrun Correus       Yes   [No]  
Bejòr Rathenas     Yes   [No]
Jacho                 [Yes]   No     
Cerèbus Müldir     Yes   [No]

Login: softpillow         Discord: ponygold#2826

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #432 on: January 06, 2013, 02:34:10 AM »
The chicken at the nymph has cure minor wounds.. i've renamed it to the "Holy Chicken"

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #433 on: January 06, 2013, 10:21:26 AM »
Not sure if the bounty villains in Port-A-Lucine are spawning and despawning as intended.

They were basicly all walking around until late in the day, they seemed to despawn again as the evening came near.
Then during the next night, they seemed to spawn again as intended. Although I believe they despawned halfway the night again.

The sailors and other Dementlieu NPCs during the day did spawn and head back inside as they were supposed to.
(However, the Bazaar NPCs seem to sometimes act strange, clogging up the entrance instead of going to their spots. Likely related to the same script.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:39:08 PM by Grimson »

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #434 on: January 15, 2013, 06:05:24 PM »
Many Watcher areas, including Retezat Forest and surrounding lands are seemingly set as indoor areas. This means characters cannot set up campfires or tents.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #435 on: January 25, 2013, 02:27:44 PM »
This used to be a minor bug a long time ago, but i just witnessed its resurfaceing.

So folks without OCR, without being hostiled to certain factions, basicly newly made human characters ( not even caster), without any OCR raise, are treated hostile by certain factions. The cause used to be that they were of chaotic allignement. It seems it is still the trigger.
A guy who was made like half an hour ago was bashed by Radu, for being of Chaotic Neutral allignement with having a total OCR of 8.
(This was a bug around 2 or 3 years ago if i recall well.)
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Stygian Messiah

• AKA Kalashnikov33
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #436 on: January 29, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »
Hi.

My left hand is missing. :o

Char name: Serghei Cornescu

Account: Stygian Messiah

Fixed. Thanks Robert Archer.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:48:09 PM by Stygian Messiah »
A war refugee sought the Master. He said, "You are wise and serene. Teach me to escape the horrors of this world." And the Master blinded him with fire-irons. - The Book of Cataclysm

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #437 on: January 29, 2013, 08:22:09 PM »
Hi.

My left hand is missing. :o

Char name: Serghei Cornescu

Account: Stygian Messiah

Check your craft menu with armor on the left hand, scroll through its option see if it shows up, in some cases i've seen that happen where lag and/or a gfx glitch breaks the crafting images

DangerousToGoAlone

• New to the Mists
« Reply #438 on: February 04, 2013, 11:11:20 AM »
Har'akir, the Village of Muhar - Temple of Muhar

The house slaves praying there do their worshipping literally in front of the doors, so they keep people from leaving, it being rather hard to get past them. Unless they are intended to keep people from leaving the temple. :P
Anaya Firewind - Kagonesti Shaman
Vanessa Whitemantle - Revered Daughter of Paladine

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #439 on: February 04, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »

The house slaves praying there do their worshipping literally in front of the doors, so they keep people from leaving, it being rather hard to get past them. Unless they are intended to keep people from leaving the temple. :P

Yeah, I've had this happen to me too. It usually happens if you're in the temple prior to dawn; they then spawn at dawn at the doors and block them.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Geiger

« Reply #440 on: February 04, 2013, 11:30:53 AM »
I dunno if this is really "minor". But NPCs all over the server have just quit doing this jobs. Lots of them will cluster around doors in the port, garda will stop their patrol routes or hang out on transitions in Vallaki, slaves hang out in doorways. Hahah.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #441 on: February 04, 2013, 05:06:15 PM »

Yeah, I've had this happen to me too. It usually happens if you're in the temple prior to dawn; they then spawn at dawn at the doors and block them.

Had this happen before. It was pretty creepy, actually. Lol.
: )

YouLitABonfire

« Reply #442 on: February 07, 2013, 12:11:19 PM »
Got A Small OCR bug issue On Rica Andrei Lupescu where my OCR in Barovia has become 105, if someone could help me get that reset at some point it would be greatly appreciated (pretty sure i know what happened)

FIXED thanks Decay
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:05:02 PM by YouLitABonfire »

Daboomer

• Dark Power
« Reply #443 on: February 10, 2013, 11:56:53 PM »
Neither the smith in valaki or the one in dwergheim appears to be selling smith aprons.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #444 on: February 14, 2013, 04:06:59 PM »
The chest (unique power activate item) that Murnu sells, is broken. When it is used a placeable chest appears, but no option to open it is given. (From the conversation, only leave, and pick it up.) if it is "used" on a bag or box in ones inventory, the chest item disapears, and no placeable is spawned in, meaning it is simply removed from the PCs inventory.

Vaku

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #445 on: February 15, 2013, 05:50:40 AM »
The chest (unique power activate item) that Murnu sells, is broken. When it is used a placeable chest appears, but no option to open it is given. (From the conversation, only leave, and pick it up.) if it is "used" on a bag or box in ones inventory, the chest item disapears, and no placeable is spawned in, meaning it is simply removed from the PCs inventory.

It will open when the player activates the chest, standing next to or very close beside it. While in the world, it will act as a storage with infinite windows generating as needed. Upon picking it up, the windows are collapsed to the original with the rest of the items being placed in available spaces of your inventory.

To pick it up again, do as you do, and activate the chest from afar. You can move around with the dialog box open if that suits you aesthetically to recover the chest while being beside it.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #446 on: February 15, 2013, 08:49:09 AM »
The option to do so, atleast for the one being sold right now, does not work. I showed one of the DMs in game. They said to post here, as indeed, it is broken.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #447 on: February 15, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »
Ugh..all spawns reset to minimum level after reset today instead of carrying over

docmartinst

• Outlander
« Reply #448 on: February 19, 2013, 10:34:30 PM »
Bianca from the Lady's Rest got accidentally killed during a botched assassination attempt today. Can we get a DM to rez her, please?

The battle against evil is not one that can be truly won. But it is one that *must* be fought.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #449 on: March 17, 2013, 08:00:21 AM »
I think, about the first time Elketh speaks in the tower, the word "recalcitrant" is misspelled as "recalictrant".