Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236445 times)

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #400 on: October 13, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »
Summon Familiar
If the familiar dies, the character suffers 1d6 damage, but may summon the familiar again on the following day.

This does not properly reflex the nature of this spell on this server, is it possible to edit the toolkit for this?

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #401 on: October 15, 2012, 09:20:42 AM »
Pavel Sabrosky, the head of the wood working shop in Vallaki's warehose district either gets too "nervous" by seeing my 6 CHA dwarf or his ox. He casts some sort of Protection of Elements when I bring my ox into the area. Just seems odd that a Barovian would cast anything. I believe he is a ranger but still... Barovia.. magic...

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #402 on: October 15, 2012, 01:14:07 PM »
Summon Familiar
If the familiar dies, the character suffers 1d6 damage, but may summon the familiar again on the following day.

This does not properly reflex the nature of this spell on this server, is it possible to edit the toolkit for this?

What?

Familiars function exactly as advertised.

HouseTremere

« Reply #403 on: October 15, 2012, 01:42:38 PM »
Posting in my biography, I tried to post up a youtube video in it like my other entries, but for some reason its not showing. Has it been disabled or am I doing something wrong? The biography link is http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=29395.msg372081#new

I haven't made a post in a while, so not sure if the youtube ability was disabled or if I'm just doing something wrong.

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
« Reply #404 on: October 19, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »
Summon Familiar

What?

Familiars function exactly as advertised.

I'm sorry for the late reply, but, on familiar death you can not just "summon it again the folllowing day" You have to raise it now. I think this should be included in some part...

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #405 on: October 19, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »
Right, that makes more sense.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #406 on: October 21, 2012, 09:41:24 PM »
Claimming wages in the dwarven mines is broken. No coins are given.

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #407 on: October 27, 2012, 02:09:53 PM »
Wachter Outpost smithy shop

The trap kit template is not set to unlimited quantity

Sage - When stories come to life

Daboomer

• Dark Power
« Reply #408 on: October 31, 2012, 12:30:42 PM »
Vaasi leatherbags don't appear to grant any actual weight reduction. My mistake i'm sorry   :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:19:31 AM by Daboomer »

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #409 on: October 31, 2012, 05:37:31 PM »
Vaasi leather satchels do not grant weight reduction on their contents. their property alters the weight of the bag itself form 1 lb to 0.2 lbs

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #410 on: October 31, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »
Indeed. They're not supposed to be magic bags.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #411 on: November 05, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
Are the "Mists camps" of the Vistani supposed to automatically save as both your faction base, safe location and last location stored as soon as you log out there?
This has gotten me stuck due to not having enough funds by myself to travel on from there when logging back in later.

If this could be changed, that'd be good to avoid further issues like this.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #412 on: November 05, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »
Are the "Mists camps" of the Vistani supposed to automatically save as both your faction base, safe location and last location stored as soon as you log out there?
This has gotten me stuck due to not having enough funds by myself to travel on from there when logging back in later.

Unless you belong to a faction, in which case your Faction base location changes to whatever that is, then yes. Or at least that's the way it's always worked.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #413 on: November 05, 2012, 10:39:48 PM »

yup unless you are part of a faction :)

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #414 on: November 06, 2012, 10:55:04 AM »
My caliban used to be part of a faction, but I assume that faction is no longer in use then.

Either way, isn't this a bit messed up? If not bugged.
If I pass through the mists camp I automatically have all my saved locations reset to a small zone which requires payment to get out of.
Should I be forced to log out there while on less than 100 gold, leaving the group I came with to travel on, I am quite frankly.. royally fucked? Until a DM happens to free me.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #415 on: November 06, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »
Or you can see if anyone else is coming through the region... there's usually a fair amount of traffic at the Mist Camp.

It's a pain in the rear I acknowledge but it's a problem with a very simple solution: always make sure you have at least 200 gp on you before venturing through the Mists.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #416 on: November 06, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »
Or you can see if anyone else is coming through the region... there's usually a fair amount of traffic at the Mist Camp.

It's a pain in the rear I acknowledge but it's a problem with a very simple solution: always make sure you have at least 200 gp on you before venturing through the Mists.

My plan was to go there, buy some things and go back. But a reset happened while I was logged out and I was clueless about this "trap" / bug being in place.

XeroSnake

• New to the Mists
  • I Have Such A Horrible Username And I'm Sorry
« Reply #417 on: November 21, 2012, 05:52:50 PM »
EDIT: The guy who made this decided to make an account. So don't worry about it much.

After my character was cured of a story related curse by DM Macabre, his hair color has changed from blonde to black and his character sheet says he's suffering from decreased damage. To the best of my knowledge, since this happened some time ago, this is not a story related issue. The character's name is Vashin Typhede, with the account name "Chronox".
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:39:57 AM by XeroSnake »

docmartinst

• Outlander
« Reply #418 on: November 27, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »
Not so much a minor issue as a kinda big issue :P

I was doing some testing for DM Macabre of different scrolls and spells and stuff. He turned me into an undead creature, and forgot to change me back. Also, I have a scroll of Undeath's Eternal Foe from the testing that I need removed. I just fried myself with a heal spell, Lol.
The battle against evil is not one that can be truly won. But it is one that *must* be fought.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #419 on: December 09, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »
remove night garda's horn. please.

airengale

• Dark Lord
  • Security, is mortals' chiefest enemy.
« Reply #420 on: December 21, 2012, 02:35:21 PM »
A few moments ago, I just finished making my character. I went through the cut scene and nothing happened for a long time, just mist levels rising. Now I log out and log back in and now i'm stuck in the OOC lounge with no way to get inside NCW. Is a dm available to assist me?

Character name: Sethraan Synne
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:13:04 PM by airengale »

Sethraan Synne - "The righteous will receive their reward."
Horatiu Bochinsky - "It's just a job."
Aleah Althanos - "Today is a glorious day to die!"

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #421 on: December 23, 2012, 05:53:29 AM »
Remove the Alpha Deep Forest Wolf spawns at the Fishing lodge, they're quite frankly retarded. I'm sure this isn't the first time this has been mentioned.

Especially during NCW, where the invisibile wolves 2 hit everyone who steps near the fishing lodge and then camp it. But then I realised... even outside of NCW, they're pretty damn silly. Delivering supplies there earns you a whole 110 gold. And you're basicly walking into a deathtrap as soon as you step out from the ferry as well. The entire spawn there or at least the level of the spawns there make absolutely no sense given the very low levels it encourages to visit the zone.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #422 on: December 23, 2012, 06:21:31 AM »
Another small "bug", reporting it here since I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.

The Ezrites in the Noble district of Vallaki refuse to heal anyone who isn't a member of the actual faction, even if they do worship Ezra.
I find this rather odd, especially since most natives would sooner ask Ezra for a blessing and not step a foot inside the Morninglord church.
Could this be changed? My character actually has Ezra listed as an "@deity", but is still refused any aid. It's not as if allowing this could lead to abuse.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #423 on: December 23, 2012, 11:24:03 AM »
Another small "bug", reporting it here since I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.

The Ezrites in the Noble district of Vallaki refuse to heal anyone who isn't a member of the actual faction, even if they do worship Ezra.
I find this rather odd, especially since most natives would sooner ask Ezra for a blessing and not step a foot inside the Morninglord church.
Could this be changed? My character actually has Ezra listed as an "@deity", but is still refused any aid. It's not as if allowing this could lead to abuse.

Uhm, most Barovian natives would have nothing to do with Ezra...they distrust organized religions and especially the Ezrite Church. The fact they have a big church doesn't reflect their popularity; just that they have certain wealthy friends, but even that isn't a sign that they're a state religion or anything of the kind.

The way the healer works is he will heal members of the faction and friends of the faction. If you're a follower, you should check with an Ezrite PC in-game and get yourself set up as a friend of the faction.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #424 on: December 23, 2012, 12:36:33 PM »

need to find an ezrite PC online and have them faction freind you. Unfortunatly none on in NCE. However, I can see if I can apply it to you in the OOC room.