Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 237639 times)

Valiant_Destiny

• Outlander
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2012, 05:26:21 PM »
All the books in my inventory look like this when i open them.  

Expect the DM given books, which seem to be fine.  

Just to add to this in full detail.  All the books that I open of anytime recently, have also read just like the first picture.  Even though others have been able to read them fine.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:31:43 PM by Valiant_Destiny »

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2012, 09:59:52 AM »
The dwarf miner on the first level cave in dervishhiem will allow you to sign up for the mining job/profession, however, never pays you. Convo is there, but when asking for pay it says he gives you coins but you receive nothing.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #327 on: May 24, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »
the statue in the theatere, L'artiste, has the description: there is nothing strange about this object. perhaps it should have a description?

Corsair6500

• New to the Mists
  • That...is the Question.
« Reply #328 on: May 24, 2012, 04:27:22 PM »
I just encountered the Balinok Mountains crash, and I think it might be fixable just by switching off Grass (was on my computer, anyway), I don't think you need to dial general Graphics down to Fast. Wasn't sure where to put this, since all the threads on it are months old.
The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #329 on: May 25, 2012, 12:35:38 AM »
the old topics somewhere somehow wouldnt harm to revive if you have a solution for it.

cause eventually we will hit the next page and the info will be forgotten
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #330 on: May 25, 2012, 02:49:24 AM »
I just encountered the Balinok Mountains crash, and I think it might be fixable just by switching off Grass (was on my computer, anyway), I don't think you need to dial general Graphics down to Fast. Wasn't sure where to put this, since all the threads on it are months old.

So it's not only me. I am experiencing this every time when on graphic settings which my computer can run fairly easily. This mostly happen on the first map of the Balinoks, especially when it's raining.

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #331 on: May 27, 2012, 04:45:02 PM »
My character, who does not wear or have any cold damage protection gear, just does not make any roll against weather/enviromental cold.
Standing outside i just make no rolls.

Login name: Noname_zombie
character name: Jenő Kapisztrán

Another bug i just noticed:
I was crafting. I placed 9 bodak eyes inside and one bottle, than started to craft. It failed, than suddenly not one, but 6 bodak eyes disappeared.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:17:25 AM by Ercvadasz »
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Dusk

• Finder of Lost Children
  • Dark Power
  • Enjoys Port-a-Lucine
« Reply #332 on: May 30, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
Account: Aurora08
Character: Inari Delcroux

I have a Ring of Seeing Eyes on Inari that, when equipped, does not add the feat 'Darkvision' to her character sheet. The ring has the Darkvision property, but after over a week of having the ring, I've seen no difference at all in dark areas. Even swapping the ring on and off in seemingly pitch black areas has no effect. I had the idea to ask another character OOCly to test this next time I'm in a dark enough area with someone, which I'll report the result of when I can. Likewise I'll see if I can get hold of another item that grants Darkvision to test with. Both ideas I had while beginning to type this post out, heh... It was suggested I post to see if this is a problem with anyone else.

Update: Verified with another player who has the same ring that Darkvision did not function properly with the ring. Another player commented it was an issue with not being a creature feat (if I remember correctly).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:06:44 AM by Folex »

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #333 on: June 02, 2012, 06:17:11 PM »
Printing press in Port seems to copy titles but not content of a document. I mean the press in back. I haven't tested the conversation one that costs gold.

The dialogue via the npc doesn't make copies either, it only copies the title. 

Noticed the recent update mentioned fixing this. Tried to make copies via the npc and the presses directly and it is still not working via either method.  The title is copied but the text is not.

Still seems to be an issue.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Dusk

• Finder of Lost Children
  • Dark Power
  • Enjoys Port-a-Lucine
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2012, 12:06:09 AM »
Posting on behalf of another player who doesn't use the forums often anymore.
Account: Kezzalord
Character: Narell
Problem: Stuck at the southern-most point in the Quartier Ouvrier in Port-a-Lucine, behind the wall. Will require DM assistance if the player logs back in before a reset.

Actually, lag jumping on this particular map is relatively frequent. Of the four times I've lag jumped to an inaccessible location after transitioning, three of those times were on this map, each time ending up behind the city wall on the south end of the map. A few other players I know of have had this occur as well. If no DM is present when this happens, the player is screwed, as far as I'm aware. If a one-way transition was put in to allow players trapped behind the wall a way to escape this unfortunate situation, it would be mult, mult helpful.

all sections of dementlieu should have a way out of the walls to help fix these sort of problems iMO

Still an issue. My character, Inari Delcroux (account name: Aurora08) is stuck behind the wall in the Ouvrier in Port. It would be very, very welcome to see some sort of one-way transition placed outside of the wall on the eastern and (most of) the southern sections of the map, as if a DM is not online, AFAIK the PC trapped outside of the wall is stuck there.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:13:24 AM by Folex »

Dobian

• Dark Lord
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2012, 01:07:23 AM »
Easy solution: place a small gap in the wall someplace.

Tabitha Dalenner, Faerun
Sentire Stefania Milea, Borca
Paulette Gérard, Dementlieu
Salina Pandora, Faerun
Louis Mingo, Souraigne

VeeTpl

• giff RP pls
  • Undead Master
« Reply #336 on: June 07, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »
Would like to ask a DM available to transfer my character over to Vallaki or starting Vistani Camp when I'm online.

All my starting zones are in Tigans Rest basement and http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=28760.msg351337#msg351337. Can't get out.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:07:03 PM by VeeTpl »
Player of:
Yuliya Vorius

Corseth

• Outlander
« Reply #337 on: June 07, 2012, 09:20:51 PM »
Account: Corseth
Character: Ulraundir Dawnmist

Problem: Stuck in some sort of foliage in the southern forests of vallaki, tried to relog, tried to build a fire, nobody around to follow, and asked in dm chat but guessing nobody is on.  Just need to be moved a few feet.  Thanks.

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #338 on: June 07, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »
If you have a bed roll, try that, if you haven't already

Corseth

• Outlander
« Reply #339 on: June 07, 2012, 10:03:17 PM »
dont have one =/  Tried attacking nearby mobs but he stayed put.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #340 on: June 08, 2012, 01:25:08 AM »
Account: Corseth
Character: Ulraundir Dawnmist

Problem: Stuck in some sort of foliage in the southern forests of vallaki, tried to relog, tried to build a fire, nobody around to follow, and asked in dm chat but guessing nobody is on.  Just need to be moved a few feet.  Thanks.

Keep relogging. Nothing else works. Save for a DM. But when none is on relogging usually solves it. (I once had to relog 7 times to get off the foliage)

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #341 on: June 09, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »
Account: Jeebs
Character: Shanathel Moonbrooke

When I try to take a new job at the Warehouse in Vallaki, the guy tells me I'm already signed up for one even though I completed my last one. This has persisted through several resets now.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:23:48 AM by Serillian »

WiNG

• Undead Slayer
  • Stopped in the name of love
« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2012, 02:30:47 PM »
I need a quick port out from the Citadel whenever possible. I have joined the Vallaki Garda as recruit but I lack keys to get out of where I am
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:58:47 PM by WiNG »

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »

When I try to take a new job at the Warehouse in Vallaki, the guy tells me I'm already signed up for one even though I completed my last one. This has persisted through several resets now.

Account: monsinyana
Character: Clydessa G.F. Swift

the same thing is happening to me as well :P

This and claim wages is my main source of income so its a big deal -to me- lol

Its fixed now. thanks
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:08:37 PM by monsinyana »
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2012, 03:26:56 AM »

The Zarovan half-vistani template is supposed to add Spell Focus: Divination, however in a hak shuffle somewhere the references got mixed up and it adds spell focus: Evocation instead.

Whoopsy!

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2012, 05:17:13 AM »

Still happening... haven't been able to find a DM online as of yet. Would very much appreciate if I can get some help with this ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:30:47 AM by Serillian »

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2012, 05:18:19 AM »

Still happening... haven't been able to find a DM online as of yet. Would very much appreciate if I can get some help with this ;)

Despair not, fix is underway. Hopefully, it'll be up later today.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #347 on: June 13, 2012, 05:26:03 AM »

Despair not, fix is underway. Hopefully, it'll be up later today.

Ah good to know and thank you. I thought it was a character issue, I guess it's a server issue then?

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2012, 06:01:14 AM »
It is, no one is ever cleared from having undertaken delivery quests. That will be fixed in a bit, and I've made sure all currently undertaken quest are cleared too.

Juice

• Totally banged the
  • Dark Lord
  • Lawful Good Does Not Mean Lawful Nice.
« Reply #349 on: June 22, 2012, 11:25:14 PM »
Account: Juice
Character: Victoria Graf

I deposited 5075 fang in to the bank and was deducted a tax of 710, is this correct i thought the tax was 10% of the deposit?

Solomon Burke - Knight of the Dawn
Vasile Mikovich - Tigan Straight Outa Vallaki
Straven Crowe -  Hes somewhere around here.....