You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 237335 times)

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #275 on: February 05, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »
It's not really a bug but a loop hole I suppose so I'm posting here. Was fighting the trolls near the fishing station when I was knocked unconcious. All's good though cause I must have made some good saves cause I soon got that dialogue box which gives you the option to stand up and continue on doing. Trouble was the trolls that got me were hovering right over my prone form. I thus decided to quickly get up and down a invisble potion which I hoped would let me get far enough away that I could rest and buff up and tackle them trolls at full buff, something I wasn't at when they first attacked us. Anyway, what I did was try and use an invisible potion before selecting the option to get up via the dialogue, basically a missclick order. I was seriously panicked, you guys sure make this server panic riddin sometimes, never let it be said that the death system is not harsh enough, it is way harsh enough if I'm shaking like a leaf :P Anyway, I digress.... What this missclick did was exit me from the Dialogue box. I was therefore stuck there lying on the ground unable to do anything, didn't take the invis potion either, but that's not here nor there. Well anyway had to get a DM to help resolve the situation. DM got me standing I then managed to down the potion quickly, then got far away, rebuffed then went back to kill the trolls, then raise my fallen comrade. Huzzah!

Anyway, might want to do something about that dialogue box to make it unable to exit out no matter what. Just putting it out there ;)

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #276 on: February 05, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »
It's not really a bug but a loop hole I suppose so I'm posting here. Was fighting the trolls near the fishing station when I was knocked unconcious. All's good though cause I must have made some good saves cause I soon got that dialogue box which gives you the option to stand up and continue on doing. Trouble was the trolls that got me were hovering right over my prone form. I thus decided to quickly get up and down a invisble potion which I hoped would let me get far enough away that I could rest and buff up and tackle them trolls at full buff, something I wasn't at when they first attacked us. Anyway, what I did was try and use an invisible potion before selecting the option to get up via the dialogue, basically a missclick order. I was seriously panicked, you guys sure make this server panic riddin sometimes, never let it be said that the death system is not harsh enough, it is way harsh enough if I'm shaking like a leaf :P Anyway, I digress.... What this missclick did was exit me from the Dialogue box. I was therefore stuck there lying on the ground unable to do anything, didn't take the invis potion either, but that's not here nor there. Well anyway had to get a DM to help resolve the situation. DM got me standing I then managed to down the potion quickly, then got far away, rebuffed then went back to kill the trolls, then raise my fallen comrade. Huzzah!

Anyway, might want to do something about that dialogue box to make it unable to exit out no matter what. Just putting it out there ;)

Indeed , openeing inventory or map will also exit the diologue.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #277 on: February 05, 2012, 06:31:44 PM »
Some of the helms sold by the black market blacksmith in Port have a +2 bonus to Bad Streff.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #278 on: February 09, 2012, 12:12:17 AM »
Not sure if this is a problem for other people, but my ghost didn't port to my corpse when I was raised fairly recently.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2012, 02:17:48 AM »
Not sure if this is a problem for other people, but my ghost didn't port to my corpse when I was raised fairly recently.

Yeah. That seems pretty common these days.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
Not sure if this is actually a big but in the Village of Mu'Har the heat is crazy intense!

Then you step outside and it becomes bearable!

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2012, 05:50:54 PM »
59C  :shock: Holy crud! You would literary be cooking in that :P

Cursed Ink

• Dark Lord
  • 1# Highest Bounty Winner
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2012, 07:03:37 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug, most enemies give you a chance to run when you're struck down, a 10 second  window where you're invisable. Darklings in the forest fane do not, they attack immediately.

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2012, 07:58:54 AM »

it seems the OCR system with the delivery's is a little glitchy still. my barovian has an OCR of 7 so not only should she not be failing that check. but should she fail it as the system message said, she shouldn't have gotten the delivery

not sure whats going on there.

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #284 on: February 14, 2012, 03:27:46 AM »
Found some bad grammar, shame on yous :P

Anyway, the courier job in the Trading house the NPC says once you accept it....

Gabriel Balcescu: Very well, consider youself hired then. Stick around and we'll tell you when messages need to be delivered and send you on your way. You can claim wages at me here too.

That last sentence is really odd and incorrect and yes I'm being pedantic. However it should say something like ... "Speak to me when you wish to collect your wages."

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #285 on: February 16, 2012, 11:02:39 AM »

Anyway, the courier job in the Trading house the NPC says once you accept it....

Gabriel Balcescu: Very well, consider youself hired then. Stick around and we'll tell you when messages need to be delivered and send you on your way. You can claim wages at me here too.

That last sentence is really odd and incorrect and yes I'm being pedantic. However it should say something like ... "Speak to me when you wish to collect your wages."

I agree it's a bit primitive and not really fitting his dialogue - I'm curious though, how is it outright incorrect? Couldn't wrap my head around that part.

Meriana

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #286 on: February 16, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
I agree it's a bit primitive and not really fitting his dialogue - I'm curious though, how is it outright incorrect? Couldn't wrap my head around that part.

'At' is used regarding places... It would be correct(?), though ugly, from an OOC-perspective treating the NPC as a location for this-and-that function, while it would be less correct coming from someone's mouth...

The only mention of 'at' being used regarding someone in the web dictionary I looked up was in an idiom:
Idioms
be at (someone), to be sexually aggressive toward (a person): She's pregnant again because he's at her morning, noon, and night.

:lol:

Nox

• Dark Lord
« Reply #287 on: February 16, 2012, 01:20:17 PM »
Hey'o

Sorry to be a bother but I had an instance happen on the road from Vallaki - Barovia, just a run of bad luck + a bug.

Long story short I took off my shield (blessed bulwark of the dawn), and popped it into a bag because I was encumbered and I guess the bag was full and the shield hit the dirt even though i had space available in my general inventory.  Anyways, I didn't notice until after I passed through the mists, at which point I tried to go back...but, no mist potions...so onto the vistani camp for a potion.  The mist potion guy is gone! so...i guess i leave it sitting in the dust.  No DMs on at the time of the issue to re-spawn him.  [ le sigh ]
Characters:

Prospo Ivernu
Nicolea Bratu

dimz

• New to the Mists
« Reply #288 on: February 16, 2012, 01:53:31 PM »
Hey,
I might be bugged but it seems that i cant be raised. Here's the story:

-I was fighting on 2nd floor of catacombs with a friend, got caught between 3 skeletal knight, been critted for 45,so i died. My first bleeding roll was 91.
-So i stopped bleeding but knights were still over me. My friend rolled 98 and got back on his feet.
-Ive waited 7-8 minutes for knights to go away so i could get back on my feet. I alt -tabbed and checked something with google.
-While im alt-tabbed, ive heard a scream coming from my character. I get back on the game quick. My character is dead and is a ghost. There is also a ''get back on your feet'' window. I pressed it but nothing happened.

My friend grouped up with a guy, they killed the knights and grabbed my corpse. My friend brought back my corpse to the priestess and tried to raise me. He has enough gold pieces. Still didnt work. Priestess says : ''not in range''.

There were no DM on so i couldnt get help. Any thought on this?

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #289 on: February 16, 2012, 03:28:24 PM »

I can't really explain it as I failed english in high school and have been paying for it ever since. The flip side is I can easily spot something done by another that is grammaticly incorrect. For my own work I can only walk away from it for a few days then come back and read it over again. Anyway, the sentence sounded funny to me, the words were not flowing as they should so I knew it was wrong. Best I can say is that the sentence was longer than it needed to be and it had at least one incorrect word which was the "at".

When using the word "at" your generally referring to some place other than where you are. For example, "Bill is not here he is at the fountain" or "The bus is at another stop". It makes no sense when the NPC says "You can claim your wages at me..." I mean he's right there in front of you, also you don't use "at" to refer to ones self. Another way to say that sentence would be "You can claim your wages here as well" or "You can claim your wages from me as well" however I figured you wanted to convey that the player needed to talk to the NPC to get their wages hence my first suggestion, just to make it real clear to the player.

Sorry, a teacher I am not....  :|

EDIT... Wouldn't you know it... Correcting grammar and spelling... How ironic :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:56:44 PM by Honoun »

dimz

• New to the Mists
« Reply #290 on: February 16, 2012, 09:51:48 PM »
Hey,
I might be bugged but it seems that i cant be raised. Here's the story:

-I was fighting on 2nd floor of catacombs with a friend, got caught between 3 skeletal knight, been critted for 45,so i died. My first bleeding roll was 91.
-So i stopped bleeding but knights were still over me. My friend rolled 98 and got back on his feet.
-Ive waited 7-8 minutes for knights to go away so i could get back on my feet. I alt -tabbed and checked something with google.
-While im alt-tabbed, ive heard a scream coming from my character. I get back on the game quick. My character is dead and is a ghost. There is also a ''get back on your feet'' window. I pressed it but nothing happened.

My friend grouped up with a guy, they killed the knights and grabbed my corpse. My friend brought back my corpse to the priestess and tried to raise me. He has enough gold pieces. Still didnt work. Priestess says : ''not in range''.

There were no DM on so i couldnt get help. Any thought on this?

Errr..i dont know if something has been done while i was logged off after the server reset, but now my character is alive O_o wtf???....dont get it.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #291 on: February 17, 2012, 03:57:41 PM »
Doors 2 to be precise.

RVT backdoor in the market district vallaki  its buggy one side it locks the other it doesnt.

Outskirts gate vallaki   at night when it locks  and gets unlocked   it only is able to be locked from one side and not the other.

Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2012, 04:56:43 PM »
Anyone else notice that night time on the server is very whitish... I think the last update changed the diffuse colour of night from black to white. Just a guess on my part though.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:58:47 PM by Honoun »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2012, 05:02:46 PM »
Need a DM in game ASAP :) Thank you.

Gilad Abrams

• Undead Master
« Reply #294 on: March 01, 2012, 06:27:27 PM »
Having trouble using the gypsy wagon in the mist camp to travel to anywhere. After I pay the gold the steps highlight blue as normal but will not allow me to enter. Just keeps making that "wrong" buzzer noise and walking me around it. It's odd because it highlights as normal to the transition, it just will not let me walk through it.

Vaku

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #295 on: March 05, 2012, 09:59:49 PM »
When you're put in the negatives while stealthed you remain stealthed and only people able to spot you will notice you're down. If no one can, all they will see is your backpack, weapon(s) or nothing at all.

I noticed this when I was dodging a skeleton archer and went into stealth before I left its line of sight.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:30:53 PM by Vaku »

Crimson Shuriken

• Happy Shoulders
  • Dark Power
  • Flying through the air with deadly intent!
« Reply #296 on: March 07, 2012, 08:27:02 AM »
wights drop their tongues, but barrow wights do not drop a tongue item for alchemy. Not sure if oversight or by design.

I'm so casual, my shoes look like feet.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #297 on: April 04, 2012, 12:43:36 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not but 114 degrees in a forest seems a bit...off to me. I was thinking maybe its a rain forest but the humidity is at Drought lol

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:51 AM »
So!.. it seems some of the people in midway haven Inn dont like pack oxen...
So much infact that some of them go into combat mode and start casting spells...
It also appears Ftriz and Eloissa do not like witches..
Since she ran around like a headless chicken while Fritz Killed Misha..
And Dyllan ran outside all blue and glowey with Ghostly Visage on himself...

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #299 on: April 13, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »
Ahahahahahahahahh! I would of loved to see that XD