Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236435 times)

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2011, 09:07:24 AM »
My Char is completely frozen, can't move, change or drop gear, etc. Little help?

Chaszmyr

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #226 on: September 03, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »
My Char is completely frozen, can't move, change or drop gear, etc. Little help?

Sounds like what happens when you haven't authenticated with a password via the new password system o.O
Riccardo de Vesci - Red Vardo Traders
Taz'zyr Xorlarrin - Sorcere Graduate

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #227 on: September 03, 2011, 12:37:19 PM »
A dm can reset your password if you lost it, I had to do the same with edmond when I got a new CD key. that might be the source of the issue.

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #228 on: September 06, 2011, 04:48:08 AM »
The Goveners hotel rooms dont seem to have the same script the other inn rooms have where if you log in inside a locked room without a key the door will open to let you out.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2011, 05:32:57 PM »
The large humanoid rat (from the shadowy figure in Vallaki) is immune to silver bullets. {received the weapon has no effect notice on hitting it.}

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2011, 05:39:24 PM »
The large humanoid rat (from the shadowy figure in Vallaki) is immune to silver bullets. {received the weapon has no effect notice on hitting it.}

This is a known issue with ammunition in NWN. AB on ammunition will not count for overcoming damage reduction, rendering most silver ammunition moot. Only the bonus divine damage works.

You need to get a bow with +1 AB vs. Lawful/Chaotic (depending on the were-beast) to overcome it.
I am but a blade, A simple tool of destruction.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2011, 07:50:54 PM »
I believe a sling works better for launching bullets :)

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2011, 07:52:03 PM »
I believe a sling works better for launching bullets :)

<.< Good luck finding a +1 Sling, though. I've never seen one in nearly a year and a half....

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
  • LOOT B4 LUV - TIEFLING LYFE
« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2011, 10:30:49 PM »
My halfling rogue has one >_>

archer4217

• New to the Mists
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2011, 11:04:29 PM »
Hi.
I don't know if this is a minor issue or not, but I've been freezing or crashing in certain areas of the Balinok Mountains and I can't log my character back in till the next day when she appears in the ooc area. What could be causing this?  :?

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2011, 12:52:16 AM »
Hi.
I don't know if this is a minor issue or not, but I've been freezing or crashing in certain areas of the Balinok Mountains and I can't log my character back in till the next day when she appears in the ooc area. What could be causing this?  :?
Old, well-known problem. Fortunately, there's a solution: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=20426.msg244433#msg244433

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2011, 12:11:28 PM »
It seems the Vardo HQ in Vallaki has had its lights turned off as of the latest reset. They're all stumbling about in the dark now...

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #237 on: October 02, 2011, 04:43:40 AM »
1. The Bright Column of Light in the Ethereal plane is named 'Bad Strref' when you are discussing going back to the land of the living as a ghost.

2. The Port A Lucine woodworking shop doesn't have a garbage barrel. Not sure if the other craft shops have one.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Wigglesquirm

• New to the Mists
« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2011, 07:17:56 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the same for all the Tenement rooms in Port-a-Lucine or not, but the Armoire in room 4 is facing the wall making it unopenable.

Geiger

« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2011, 12:13:32 AM »
Gearling Risk Free pistols are still very much broken. It's only supposed to be a -2 AB but you end up having a -4. Don't know why.

Mordch

• New to the Mists
« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »
I tried to enchant some dire crocodile boots, but it did not work, giving me invalid recipe warning as a result.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
Trasnsition gone: Map with the Old Inn towards Midway Haven, that allows one to enter the man with the misty woods where there are the treants.

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #242 on: November 07, 2011, 04:56:21 AM »
Apparantly negative energy protection potions do not protect you against ability drains.

The spell effect is/should be: The target creature is rendered immune to all negative energy attacks, including supernatural ability damage and level drains. (I know that it only soaks up the half of all negative damage, but it used to soak up all ability damage.)

But apparantly it is not so, a ghost stags str draining effect easily applied while i had negative energy protection on.
It seems that the temporary supernatural ability damages bypass the negative energy protection.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2011, 12:29:20 AM »
I've noticed that since rp xp no longer counts toward the cap, every time I rest, regardless of how much rp I'm in, I always get 'close to nothing has happened', even for sessions that are several hours long and quite active. Is that supposed to be normal now with the change, or might something be wrong?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2011, 12:48:43 AM »
I noticed when I made my warhammer wood elf, that the little new play book suggests that freaks such as half-orcs, drow and similar outcast where a hood while in the city or don't go there at all. With the OCR system, might want to mention that the guards would attack you instead?

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2011, 03:54:18 AM »
I've noticed that since rp xp no longer counts toward the cap, every time I rest, regardless of how much rp I'm in, I always get 'close to nothing has happened', even for sessions that are several hours long and quite active. Is that supposed to be normal now with the change, or might something be wrong?

I often get satisfied messages for rp purely. so I think it's working fine.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #246 on: November 09, 2011, 09:13:13 AM »
Trasnsition gone: Map with the Old Inn towards Midway Haven, that allows one to enter the man with the misty woods where there are the treants.

Still after several resets this seems to be persistent...if not intentional. The transition is not there at all, removing 3 areas from game.  :(

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2011, 06:11:25 AM »

Still after several resets this seems to be persistent...if not intentional. The transition is not there at all, removing 3 areas from game.  :(

:bump:

Name:
Transition gone.

What:

No transition to the map.
Where:

Misty woods (Dread treant grove opening from the 'old inn' map near Midway haven

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2011, 02:01:40 PM »
Was dungeoneering to aquire level.
Finally got my level, after i spent the points, i got the following message: Error your character seems to be corrupted....
Since that time i cannot move with character, not even sheathe weapons anything. Other characters seem intact.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Vissitude

• Dark Lord
  • "Ni ceart go cur le cheile"
« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »
Name: DM Renaming Tool (I think? Tarokka could chime in :D )

Issue: Tarokka tried to rename my new character twice and it booted, but the name didn't take.

"Maireann croi eadrom i bhfad"