Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236426 times)

Cadenza

• Undead Slayer
  • Pumpkin
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
I noticed that the priest in the Morninglord Temple in Barovia Village offers to show you his wares, yet actually has nothing in his shop inventory.

Don't know if someone just bought everything he sold or if he really doesn't sell a thing.

Active: Nephis Anskuld, Uzura Kraehe

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »
Lack of the Books of Ezra:

One would think that a largely proselytising faith like Ezra's would produce more of these books but my collection is lacking and I have no idea where to obtain Books 2 - 4 D:

aw...i recently found a book of ezra III....shame i did not take it than:(
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »
the Refuge is only of the 1st sect, so its natural they arent trying to sell you on the other 3 "lesser" sects

Psyche

« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2011, 03:22:02 PM »
The Refuge shop doesn't sell to non-factioners anyway. This is about a lack of Ezrite books in Barovia. But there is a reason for it.

Springer

• Dark Lord
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2011, 03:26:15 PM »
I think ezrite religion isnt spread in Barovia that much, the main religion is Morninglord so there shouldnt be many ezrite books.
Ricard Dateel
Tullus Araphenson

Geiger

« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »
I think the religious preferences in Barovia are as follows (from greatest to least): Apathetic Superstition, Morninglord, Ezra, Forforian Druidism, Other

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2011, 06:25:50 PM »
I think the religious preferences in Barovia are as follows (from greatest to least): Apathetic Superstition, Morninglord, Ezra, Forforian Druidism, Other
Correct.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Masquerade Mask

• Outlander
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2011, 11:52:52 AM »
Erm, I have a slight problem. When I logged on my Ravens Wing armor disappeared....I have a screenie of it being lost before my log in name joined as a player if you need to see that. Could I possibly have a little help in having it back? lol darn server making Suzette a streaker!

Carmilla Lazarovici - slightly self loathing scholar of history
Suzette Lachance - full of whiskey and ready to shoot her bow

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43:03 PM »
The Refuge shop doesn't sell to non-factioners anyway. This is about a lack of Ezrite books in Barovia. But there is a reason for it.

Are the books more common in other areas?

I can understand the notion that Ezrite books are rare in Barovia. But Dementlieu has the printing press and is home to the third sect, who value knowledge greatly. Surely they would have copies to spare? I know the third sect don't actively proselytise, but they do recruit people who come to them, so having spares on hand to give to potential aspirants would not only be sensible but logical.

Also, it's a bit weird that the Refuge shop doesn't sell the First Book to non-factioners, isn't it? As a proseltyizing faith they would surely be handing them out if they could... well, to people who can read. :D Not that I mind, I have my copy of the First Book still...
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »
Erm, I have a slight problem. When I logged on my Ravens Wing armor disappeared....I have a screenie of it being lost before my log in name joined as a player if you need to see that. Could I possibly have a little help in having it back? lol darn server making Suzette a streaker!

Pics or it didn't happen!
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »
I noticed that the priest in the Morninglord Temple in Barovia Village offers to show you his wares, yet actually has nothing in his shop inventory.

Don't know if someone just bought everything he sold or if he really doesn't sell a thing.
Does the shop actually open up and is empty, or does the conversation just end?

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »
The conversation just ends. Along with the combat chat box saying "There is no shop here".

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2011, 01:01:34 PM »

Are the books more common in other areas?

I can understand the notion that Ezrite books are rare in Barovia. But Dementlieu has the printing press and is home to the third sect, who value knowledge greatly. Surely they would have copies to spare? I know the third sect don't actively proselytise, but they do recruit people who come to them, so having spares on hand to give to potential aspirants would not only be sensible but logical.

Also, it's a bit weird that the Refuge shop doesn't sell the First Book to non-factioners, isn't it? As a proseltyizing faith they would surely be handing them out if they could... well, to people who can read. :D Not that I mind, I have my copy of the First Book still...

what would be nice is if the first book in vallaki was readable like the one in Dementlieu. I know you can find them in the grand library; but well they are library books not ownable :P not sure if other shops have them or not. I would imagine that they do but I could be wrong.

Masquerade Mask

• Outlander
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »

Pics or it didn't happen!

As stated in my post I do have a pic and can send it to whomever.

Carmilla Lazarovici - slightly self loathing scholar of history
Suzette Lachance - full of whiskey and ready to shoot her bow

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2011, 05:12:16 PM »
The conversation just ends. Along with the combat chat box saying "There is no shop here".
okay, that should be an easy fix!

Cadenza

• Undead Slayer
  • Pumpkin
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2011, 09:14:19 AM »
okay, that should be an easy fix!

For me the shop actually opened, yet was empty. Don't know if that happens occasionally or if it was a one time thing.

Edit: When I was back there on Nephis this morning, it one again opened an empty shop inventory after asking to see his wares and did the same for the other person with me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:34:54 AM by Cadenza »

Active: Nephis Anskuld, Uzura Kraehe

vlowe72

• Undead Master
  • If you bore me, I shall take my revenge.
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »
Any way that the miner's pick can be made useable by all classes?  Sure is making it a pain for my monk to collect ore...

And now ladies and gentlemen comes the time where I relieve you of the burden of your failed and useless lives.  But if you gotta go, go with a smile!

Springer

• Dark Lord
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2011, 05:58:42 AM »
It seems that skeleton warriors with exotic weapons do not have feats to wield them. All skeleton warriors I met with two bladed swords and dire maces were attacking me with their fists.
Ricard Dateel
Tullus Araphenson

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #218 on: August 15, 2011, 03:12:20 AM »
For some reason, my new Zach doesn't get the "claim wages" option from Nelu when I talk to him. I'm listed as a member of the faction when I use the faction tool on myself, I was just promoted to 4th rank today and I can add people to the faction, the only thing not working is "claim wages."

Valerio Umberto

« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2011, 03:23:42 AM »
I require my faction rank changed to R5, I believe a DM is required to do this.

Character: Vasco Silivasi

Faction: Red Vardo Traders

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #220 on: August 15, 2011, 06:38:44 AM »
Marcus Hulford: is supposed to be a follower of the Church of Ezra (which I think makes him a Friend of the Faction). However, apparently I'm part of the Faction now and my Faction location has been changed to the Rectory. This is a problem, because I gave back my key to Cote Poisson, so if I go there after a reset I am accidentally locked in.

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2011, 02:53:36 PM »
slightly minor thing i noticed, but lizuca in the outskirts casts "protection from good" which would suggest she's evil aligned.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2011, 02:55:48 PM »
slightly minor thing i noticed, but lizuca in the outskirts casts "protection from good" which would suggest she's evil aligned.

Or just paranoid.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »

YOU KNOW TOO MUCH!

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
The wooden planks that are for sale in the Port's woodworking workshop are cannot be processed in crafting, the stations don't recognize those as a craft able resource. Is it intentional?

Actually, if you look closely, they're actually two different items. They're names are close, but just slightly different, meaning they're two different items. Only the ones you make from wood obtained from trees will work.
I am but a blade, A simple tool of destruction.