You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 237427 times)

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2011, 02:40:48 PM »
I've noticed a few times now that, in the Monastery in the Southern Forest, if you don't take all the loot from each of the drops, they don't seem to respawn until those items are removed. I tested this several times while both ninja'ing and actually cleaving through everything. I found it kinna odd that the same chest had that /same/ scale mail and already identified quest item for three days...

Okay, After some wandering around in the Nuereni Cave (the one that leads to Dvergeheim from the Vallaki Sewers), I've come to realize this seems to happen with any chest/loot drop with a bounty item in it.
I am but a blade, A simple tool of destruction.

Mordch

• New to the Mists
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2011, 12:46:28 PM »
Har'Akir weather acts funny. at hour 10, and 11 of month 12 I was being hit both by cold, and fire damage checks which is a bit..bizarre

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2011, 01:06:41 AM »
Har'Akir weather acts funny. at hour 10, and 11 of month 12 I was being hit both by cold, and fire damage checks which is a bit..bizarre

Yup, saw the same thing just earlier. The cold saves are pretty low (around DC10-14, I think), but it seems kinna weird. The temperature system for Winter might be over-lapping with that of Har'Akirs personal system.

Also, There seems to be some issues with the porting to a safe location after having been logged out for whatever amount of time. Twice now I've logged back in to hostile territory. Once in the Ice Palace nearly 3 hours after being violently ripped from my computer (never deny a cuban his food. Ever.), and once just earlier in Har'Akir, in the Temple of the Harvest after my internet threw a temper-tantrum for an hour. Neither time did it really cause any issues, but I had to have a DM port me out of the Temple due to being locked in after it had reset (the looming mummy mooks didn't much help, either).

• Dark Power
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2011, 01:27:38 AM »
Can i please get added to the Vardo Forum. I have asked multiple times. Seems i am sliping thru the cracks or something. Thank you in Advance.

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »
I think this is self explanatory.

All hail Onar, Priestess of Dvergeheim.

Just wanting to mention that Onar is still cross-dressing apparently. Gave me a chuckle last night while playing, but undermines the awesomeness of the dwarves.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Miuo

« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2011, 12:50:06 PM »
XD

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2011, 03:01:22 PM »
Wait, what's the issue there? Onar is a female dwarf. That's how they look!

ethinos

• Dark Power
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2011, 03:14:35 PM »
:angel: All this time I though it was a "he"? I guess nothing stood out as to Onar being a female, and I'm used to seeing the occasional bearded dwarven female.

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »
I noticed there was a new area dded to the Sullen woods today. After roaming around for a bit, I noticed Spring herbs were showing up in there, like Fey Leaves and Vistan's Tears. Not sure if that was intentional or just an over-sight, since the area is clearly a 'Forest'.

Also, there's an area on the North shore of the Lake that doesn't seem to reset every few hours like the rest. By this I mean, Once the herbs are picked, they won't grow back, and dead creatures will stay there, dead, until the next reset/crash/update.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »
:angel: All this time I though it was a "he"? I guess nothing stood out as to Onar being a female, and I'm used to seeing the occasional bearded dwarven female.
He's joking dude :P

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

ethinos

• Dark Power
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2011, 06:52:15 PM »
He's joking dude :P
:doh:

I noticed there was a new area dded to the Sullen woods today. After roaming around for a bit, I noticed Spring herbs were showing up in there, like Fey Leaves and Vistan's Tears. Not sure if that was intentional or just an over-sight, since the area is clearly a 'Forest'.

Herbs can't grow in a forest?

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2011, 07:01:33 PM »

Herbs can't grow in a forest?
[/quote]

No, plenty of herbs grow in the Forest areas, but there are a different set of herbs that grow in Forests. Fey Leaves and Vistan's tear are not part of that set as they are Plains herbs, growing in bright and sunny areas like the path to the Village or up to the Fishing Lodge.

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2011, 07:04:11 PM »
No, plenty of herbs grow in the Forest areas, but there are a different set of herbs that grow in Forests. Fey Leaves and Vistan's tear are not part of that set as they are Plains herbs, growing in bright and sunny areas like the path to the Village or up to the Fishing Lodge.

If it's the part of the Sullen Woods that's built using the rural tileset, it makes sense -- you're still in a bright, sunny area like the road and not in the deep, dark forest yet.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:26:38 AM by KoopaFanatic »

Mordch

• New to the Mists
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2011, 03:22:15 AM »
Enchanted greatsword has the wrong damage types. It has duplicated slashing damage.

Jay

• Dark Power
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »
Int he Library in Port Au Lucine. If you transition up the stairs on the Right hand side, you appear on the left in the upper floor. And vice versa. Not exactly game breaking but i figure you may want to know.

Jay

• Dark Power
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2011, 04:08:59 PM »
In the description of the "Hands of the Dawn/Dusk" it said that the creator wore the Dawn hands during the day, and the Dusk after dark. No Problem.. but does that mean that his alignment was Evil Good (Due tot he alignment restrictions on the items.)
I know this sounds -really- nit-picky but i had to say something or my OCD would go banana's.

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2011, 04:41:53 PM »
In the description of the "Hands of the Dawn/Dusk" it said that the creator wore the Dawn hands during the day, and the Dusk after dark. No Problem.. but does that mean that his alignment was Evil Good (Due tot he alignment restrictions on the items.)
I know this sounds -really- nit-picky but i had to say something or my OCD would go banana's.

Glad I'm not the only one to think of that... ;)  Seeing as the flavor text describes the creator as a druid (I think) it might be appropriate if Dusk allowed both neutral and evil while Dawn allowed both neutral and good, letting us assume the creator was on the neutral axis.  Only problem with that is that NGs could wear the Hands of Dusk and NEs could wear the Hands of Dawn...  :?

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2011, 05:09:41 PM »
obviously he has two seperate personalities, depending on the daytime

dark_majico

« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2011, 05:04:24 AM »
That petrified Dwarf in the mountains close to Kroftburg is floating in the air. Needs his location adjusting.

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2011, 11:51:17 PM »
Could we possibly clean up the transition on the third floor of the Outskirts Crypts (the little hallway with the blown out wall) a bit? As it is, it's a pain in the backside to get it to work properly with all the debris there. Looks cool, but sucks when you try to escape that way to only get stuck instead of transitioning...

ethinos

• Dark Power
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2011, 12:17:59 AM »
When you talk to the Misty Being during character creation, he says, "Welcome to Ravenloft - Prisonners of the Mist." Now, that might be the British spelling, but it differs from every other instance of the word in the game and on this forum.

dark_majico

« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2011, 06:41:02 AM »
When you talk to the Misty Being during character creation, he says, "Welcome to Ravenloft - Prisonners of the Mist." Now, that might be the British spelling, but it differs from every other instance of the word in the game and on this forum.

Are you insinuating that the Britsh put unnecessary extra letters in words?! How dare you!

That is an error as Prisoner is only spelt with one n in British English.

ethinos

• Dark Power
« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »
Google "prisonner". There are an awful lot of instances.

dark_majico

« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2011, 05:07:38 AM »
Google "prisonner". There are an awful lot of instances.

We should not be derailing the topic like this, and I promise this will be my last post on the matter, but I feel a lesson should be learned here. I have consulted my housemates Oxford English Dictionary (shame on me for not owning one myself) and the correct spelling is Prisoner, just because information is presented to us on the internet, it does not mean it is allways correct. This is really quite awful, as a generation we would rather google something than look in a dictionary.

Vaku

• Undead Slayer
Har'Akir Temperature
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2011, 03:04:59 AM »
While in Har'Akir, sometimes the temperature comes down to rather bearable degrees, like 60's, 70's and I may have seen lower. I was thinking that possibly the thirst system could be disabled when it gets that low, or if that is impossible, maybe make it so the temperature can never go below 90 fahrenheit.