Author Topic: Topic for minor issues  (Read 236477 times)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Topic for minor issues
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:27:19 AM »
Sometimes, we miss out on some of the very basic minor bugs and misconfigurations in the heat of topics turning into principal, more long-winded discussions. As much as the latter is still relevant, I think we would still benefit from making it a bit more effective and separating the two.

This topic is intended to make aware all the minor issues that's very forward to evaluate what's wrong and just a matter of getting around fixing it - like an item missing from a crafting store, a placeable placed wrong etc. Compiling it here should reduce the possibility of it . As the things are fixed, the posts will be removed from the topic.

Feel free to post anything that might already have been reported before in other topics but never got around to be fixed. No matter how minor, it usually takes very little time fixing these things, especially if we are already working with the area involved. Insignificant as it may seem, the little quirks tend to spoil the natural immersion into the game experience.

Thanks for helping :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:13:09 PM by Zarathustra217 »

peluscious

• Undead Master
  • The incredible off-topic man!
Re: Topic for minor issues
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 03:01:31 AM »
Ok, this is really minor, but worthy of telling people at least to take care:

If you stack potions while hiding, you have to roll move silent and hide as getting a body from the ground.
Strange, but happens.

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 02:15:22 PM »
Ok, this is really minor, but worthy of telling people at least to take care:

If you stack potions while hiding, you have to roll move silent and hide as getting a body from the ground.
Strange, but happens.

This happens with every stackable item I am aware of; gems, scrolls, potions, varnishes etc.  Stacking just about anything will induce hide/ms checks if done in stealth mode.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 07:30:42 AM »
The Shrines to Ezra at the mist points could do with an OOC bit of information telling you what they're there for.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:54:41 AM by Zarathustra217 »

vlowe72

• Undead Master
  • If you bore me, I shall take my revenge.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »
I've noticed that bats can no longer be dominated using animal empathy.  Is this by design?

And now ladies and gentlemen comes the time where I relieve you of the burden of your failed and useless lives.  But if you gotta go, go with a smile!

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 11:33:28 PM »
I've noticed that bats can no longer be dominated using animal empathy.  Is this by design?
I wonder if it is so animal empathy cant by used to tell wether the bat is a normal one or a vampire?

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

failed.bard

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 01:49:26 AM »
  If it was a deliberate change, it may have been to stop PCs from dominating shifted NPC vampires, which I'm pretty sure was possible before.  Snagging wild shaped broken ones certainly worked.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 06:14:59 PM »
Tents turn the wrong way when you put them out, the entrance turning away from you.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »
artemis failure   a rapier

it says its dc is 14
yet when trying it out it has the dc at 12.

citadel jails
west ward when you walk in the bigger holding cells *first cell you see right infront of you)
that cell when the door opens and a prisoner is against the wall he gets ported into the wall and he cant get out without dm help.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 06:28:31 AM »
Sorry forgot her name.

The lass in Mage Tower who accepts Vampiric bodyparts seems to have a twisted dialogue, you have to question her several times before you get the choise to hand in items.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 08:40:45 AM »
artemis failure a rapier.

it has a on hit desease applecation.
-it doesnt make the aponent roll at every hit
-the discription says dc 14 but the facts are that IF it makes the other person roll its dc is 12

stats wep:
parry-3
enhanceent bonus -2
on hit filt fever dc 14
saving trows desease -3

now there arnt any good rapiers  silver gilded and the blade of the cattle are your only options especially with this crap and the DC isnt even working.
hell it doesnt even does force a roll on every hit and im and pretty sure it says  ON HIT. 
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 06:04:34 PM »
Paladin Detect Evil - spams the "This works differently in Ravenloft" message to everyone nearby whenever it is being used.

- Perhaps send it as a private message to the user once at the beginning of the detect, rather than three times to everyone.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 11:06:37 PM »
Paladin Detect Evil - spams the "This works differently in Ravenloft" message to everyone nearby whenever it is being used.

- Perhaps send it as a private message to the user once at the beginning of the detect, rather than three times to everyone.

I'm pretty sure it tells the entire server.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »
In the blood of the vine inn, Bray martikova, the bar keep only sells 1 glass of tsukia but sells mutiplies of the other drinks. perhaps he should sell more glasses of tsukia?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 08:11:56 PM »
The broken Bell staff key doesn't work on the back door of the broken bell, the outside. Inside at that same door it works fine

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 10:03:06 PM »
Copper Kama description ...I mean we know the elves are a nasty bunch , but fiends ? thats a bit strong !

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »
Vicar Miklos, ML temple in Village offers ware's for purchase, yet has nothing in his vendor.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 08:34:48 AM »
- Port-a-Lucine-Quartier Ouvrier: The door to the Smuggler's hideout is unbashable.

- The demons' chest in Lysaga's hill remains unbashable.

Nemien Callishan

• Ezrite Anchorite wannabe
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 03:18:22 PM »
Wizard feats available at level 10 include Great Foritude & Iron Will but not Lightning Reflexes. The character in question does not already have Lightning Reflexes.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »
Lightning Reflexes is not available on PotM bonus feats.  Its only available on 3,6,9 etc
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Nemien Callishan

• Dark Lord
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 05:32:24 PM »
Lightning Reflexes is not available on PotM bonus feats.  Its only available on 3,6,9 etc

In which case why are the other two save boosters available? As far as I'm aware none of them should be available at level 10 because it should be item creation or metamagic feats only for wizard bonus feats.

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 10:27:45 PM »
Port-a-lucine - Sewers- Quater Ouvrier

Merchant : Bigio Gearing

You might want to look at the price he sells the "passeport key" at (+10 open locks) ...anyone buying such might be considered exploiting an oversight.

Also slugs vs caliban is a good fight to watch ....dont know what can be done there as its due to faction settings.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:35:29 PM by Tarinyar »

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 01:22:39 PM »
Description of crossbow patterns states it's needed oak, while I've always used beech to make them: as a matter of fact it did not work with oak.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 05:52:24 AM »
Description of the greatsword pattern (smithing) says it's needed 3 ingots while it's needed 6. Not sure if it says really 3 to be honest right now, but for sure it doesn't say 6.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Nemien Callishan

• Dark Lord
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 09:48:35 AM »
Copper chain shirt has the bad strref bug.