Author Topic: Suggestion: crafting stations at Zeklos Keep  (Read 1437 times)

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
Suggestion: crafting stations at Zeklos Keep
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:58:13 PM »

It occurred to me that since most keeps were quite self sufficient and Zeklos does have its own farmlands to supply foodstuffs that it might be fitting if Zeklos had its own crafting stations for all of the 'non-witchy' crafts such as tanning, smithing and woodworking.  There might also be in character reasons to add herbalism and alchemy but surely the traditional and more mundane trades would fit.  Might also lead to interesting rp if zeklos made their own goods and supplies via pcs.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
Re: Suggestion: crafting stations at Zeklos Keep
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:38:10 PM »
Seconded.  Considering that ruler's keeps and military garrisons in medieval Europe typically maintained arsenals with which to forge, store repair arms and armor for their soldiers and guards, a smithy should be the bare minimum for outfitting the Boyar Guards.  A woodworking station for outfitting archers and shieldbearers--and perhaps even a tannery for crafting and maintaining the guards' boots, belts and jerkins--would complement a better equiped standing contingent.

Though they may not be deemed as necessary as the three previous crafting stations, herbalist stations (for brewing healing tonics and making poultices) and alchemy stations (for fabricating anything from lamp oil to waterproofing tars to siege-breaking Greek fire) certainly couldn't hurt the self-sufficiency of the Von Zeklos keep, either.  :teach:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:40:07 PM by Wids »

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:11:07 PM »
i think the one thing i find against this idea is that the zeklos 'faction' isnt far as i have heard going to be permanent so if its not going to be why put the extra stations in?

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 10:14:51 PM »
We'll put some in.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:58:11 PM »
I like the idea perhaps it will bring more rp to the keep after the hostilities die down.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:28:23 PM »
Defiantly second this.

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)