You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Rokuma & Kara-Turan Weapon Proficiency  (Read 1453 times)

Emomina

• Dark Power
Rokuma & Kara-Turan Weapon Proficiency
« on: June 07, 2009, 05:30:30 AM »
I have a Rokuma character that is a rogue. Which had me have an idea....
 I was thinking, if elves are proficient at using bows and swords regardless of class, and dwarves can use the dwarven waraxe. How about Rokuma and Kara-Turan characters gaining a custom feat for using katana, shuriken, and kama regardless of class.  The idea is the same. Even though a dwarven waraxe is an exotic weapon, it is not exotic to a dwarf. Katana, shuriken, and kama are common weapons to characters of Rokushima Taiyoo or Kara-Tur, so spending a feat to gain proficiency with them is a steep price for what should be a given. What are you guy's thoughts?
I think the reasoning is fair, and its not like the weapon proficiencies gained would unbalance anything I think. Either way, if i have to use the feat I will, cause I want to be true to my concept. :P
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 05:47:26 AM by TreMiki99 »
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

failed.bard

Re: Rokuma & Kara-Turan weapon profiency
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 05:37:02 AM »
  I don't think dwarves get the dwarven waraxe proficiency for free in NWN though.  It's an interesting idea, but it would probably require making a custom feat for most every starting location, and then a modification of every weapon to recognize the new feats.

Emomina

• Dark Power
Re: Rokuma & Kara-Turan weapon profiency
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 05:42:40 AM »
You're right,
i just looked it up and Dwarves don't get the dwarven waraxe without taking exotic weapon proficiency. That is also out of line with the 3E/3.5E.  NWN baffles me sometime, there doesn't seem to be any logical reason why that is..
Well, that being the case, if Dwarves treating dwarven waraxes as martial weapons hasn't been fixed, I won't hold much hope for seeing the Rokuma and Kara-turan characters getting a special feat, seeing as how they are super minorities.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 06:55:42 AM by TreMiki99 »

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
Re: Rokuma & Kara-Turan Weapon Proficiency
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 06:43:56 AM »
Well, you always get your free feats in PoTM.

Just spend one of them on Exotic.

Emomina

• Dark Power
Re: Rokuma & Kara-Turan Weapon Proficiency
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:52:15 AM »
You're right and I agree. It remembered the extra feats, and realized it wasn't near as big a sacrifice as my PNP-playing mind thought it was.  :lol:

Still think that while we are fixing things to come under 3.5 rules, that Dwarven waraxe should be considered a martial weapon for dwarves.