Author Topic: Guns - Exotic? Meh.  (Read 10376 times)

Budly

• Dark Power
Re: Guns - Exotic? Meh.
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2009, 08:51:10 PM »
They are powder guns, Rixula. Not semi automatic berettas and they are nor a magical weapon.  :)

failed.bard

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2009, 09:04:29 PM »
  They do respectable damage, Marle did shoot Maria for 77 damage one time.  Granted, there were factors involved, like a crit, but the potential for high damage and knockdowns makes them worthwhile for characters whose concept their use fits.

Insomnia

• Undead Master
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2009, 10:03:20 PM »
One feasible tactic, is getting a groups of gunslingers together, having everyone buy about 5 guns, load them all before starting the fight, then firing them in sequence. You just have to equip the new gun, then it's another shot.

Using only 1 gun is too slow, yes. Use 4 or 5, loading them ALL before a fight, so you have a chance to at least do some damage.

hugolino

• Dark Lord
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2009, 03:58:31 AM »
In real life, wasn't the use of multlple pre-loaded guns sometimes used? I'm not a hundred percent sure it actually historical, but I think I've seen it in a movie once....  :oops:

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2009, 09:06:27 AM »
In real life, wasn't the use of multlple pre-loaded guns sometimes used? I'm not a hundred percent sure it actually historical, but I think I've seen it in a movie once....  :oops:

It was a very common, Pirate tactic actually to be packing as many as what you could carry.  Deadliest Warrior, Pirate vs Knight, gave a good look at that actually.  Would be interesting to if the guns could be set up, so that you can have the bayonet/boarding axe musket set ups as well.  For when you have to be up close and all choppy stabby like.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Smitehammer

• Undead Slayer
  • Frohe Weihnachten
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2009, 11:15:58 AM »
This makes me want to start playing Pirates vs Vikings vs Knights.  I wonder if they ever finished making all the classes for that mod?
Wouldn't the world be better off if we took nonsense more seriously?

Rixula

• Undead Slayer
  • The holiness its not in your you fool, its in me!
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2009, 08:13:26 AM »
Yeah, the flintlock right now is like a sling, it could be changed that it is a dagger item and there could be some small blade stuck on it so the close combat is possible.

"Sometimes, when you feel alone it is the time when you are most thought of"

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2009, 08:25:33 AM »
You did not have a bayonet on pistols?

Well not as common as a rifle and bayonet atleast to have something "melee" on a pistol. I believe I heard of axe on a pistol but well, bayonet and rifle

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2009, 04:25:17 PM »
you use its handle as a mace, For pistoles

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »
you use its handle as a mace, For pistoles

And destroy it? ;)

Look at all movies and games, the commanders using pistol always have a rapier!  :lol:

Psyche

« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2009, 05:54:30 PM »
Err, i think i've seen a flintlock dagger-gun somewhere.. but they were far from common.
And yes, carrying a brace of pistols was pretty much the only way to go.
And i'm also fairly sure the flintlocks are based on the whip model, hence why you can only have it in the on-hand.