Author Topic: Realms  (Read 4811 times)

Truth

• Dark Lord
    • Myspace!
Realms
« on: June 05, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »
how are the domains being added selected? I think the Blaustein area is easily the visually best looking one we have, but what really goes on in Blaustein besides pirates? Is there a big story hook involved?  As a long term project I think making someplace like either Mordent or Darkon that are major realms implemented would be awesome.  Not to mention we have a lot of PC's from those two.
THE NATION THAT MAKES A GREAT DISTINCTION BETWEEN ITS SCHOLARS AND ITS WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS. -THUCYDIDES

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: Realms
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:49:37 PM »
I want Tepest to burn witches by the ton.  :P

Truth

• Dark Lord
    • Myspace!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:57:27 PM »
agreed
THE NATION THAT MAKES A GREAT DISTINCTION BETWEEN ITS SCHOLARS AND ITS WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS. -THUCYDIDES

DarkWyvern

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:07:57 PM »
Krezk would be nice :)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 02:05:59 PM »
Krezk would be nice :)

for the love of the gods yes please! i heard long long ago that this was going to be put in but never was for some reason

Truth

• Dark Lord
    • Myspace!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »
Krezk would be cool, so would at least an Invidian village on the border of the two countries.  And I would really love to see some places in Darkon, Nevuchar Springs and the Necropolis especially.

arrmuth

• Undead Master
  • Honor is everything.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 03:22:50 PM »
And I would really love to see some places in Darkon, Nevuchar Springs and the Necropolis especially.

You wouldn't be able to enter Necropolis unless you were undead so making an area where only applied for templates could enter would be kind of elitist. Though if i remember correctly there was a kind of plant that would allow you to survive there for a set amount of time.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:24:31 PM by arrmuth »

tzaeru

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 03:25:27 PM »
And I would really love to see some places in Darkon, Nevuchar Springs and the Necropolis especially.

You wouldn't be able to enter Necropolis unless you were undead so making an area where only applied for templates could enter would be kind of elitist.

Mmh, I don't think it's necessarily so - Special qualities come with templates, races and classes. Undeads can't normally enter the stores, cities at day and so on. Some can't enter the churches even, which are major spots of RP.

And areas restricted to a template or faction do exists even now.

arrmuth

• Undead Master
  • Honor is everything.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 03:28:15 PM »

You wouldn't be able to enter Necropolis unless you were undead so making an area where only applied for templates could enter would be kind of elitist.

Mmh, I don't think it's necessarily so - Special qualities come with templates, races and classes. Undeads can't normally enter the stores, cities at day and so on. Some can't enter the churches even, which are major spots of RP.

And areas restricted to a template or faction do exists even now.

But they arent on the scale of a major city as the Necropolis is.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »
Krezk would be cool, so would at least an Invidian village on the border of the two countries.  And I would really love to see some places in Darkon, Nevuchar Springs and the Necropolis especially.
Not many would be able to visit Necropolis.

Besides. Port-a-Labyrinth needs more people first.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 06:29:51 PM by Zedrik »

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 06:51:54 PM »
Souragne would be amazing to have, such a nice setting and very different from Barovia

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Shadowthrone

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »
Vorostokov!

Need vodka.

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »
I would love to see Krezk!  If nothing else, it'd be nice if the road went at least a little further past the Zeklos estate ;)

As far as other realms, Har'Akir all the way!  It'd be a great excuse to see some mummies back in the server, but then I have a soft spot for all things Egyptian...

Lockleed

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »
I'm with Koopa.  Har-Akir would be awesome.  And I'm not saying that just because I've suggested it every time new realms were mentioned. 

... that is why I'm saying that.  Deserts!  Sand!  Scarabs!  Sphinx's!  Mummies!  Vultures!  Keoghtom's Ointment!  Unholy violence in desolate places! 

Let me build it!   :cry:

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 11:43:12 PM »
Krezk and Levkarest in Borca would add a lot to Barovian gaming since they're not technically too far. I think that more than new realms, at the moment, we would need more Barovian towns, or boundaries ones, not to have the people overtly spread all along the server (Teufeldorf and Zeidenburg would be nice too). My two cents.

Not as far as town, but as areas, I would like a Forlorn border with really nasty hordes of Goblyns. It would give a sense to go there for "war-like" activities.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 02:37:08 AM »
I'm with Koopa.  Har-Akir would be awesome.  And I'm not saying that just because I've suggested it every time new realms were mentioned. 

... that is why I'm saying that.  Deserts!  Sand!  Scarabs!  Sphinx's!  Mummies!  Vultures!  Keoghtom's Ointment!  Unholy violence in desolate places! 

Don't forget canopic jars!  And animal-headed god-effigies!  Sandstone golems!  Bald nobles!  Nifty headdresses!  Staves that can be used to summon a snake!  Cats!  Lots and lots of cats!

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 04:11:20 AM »
YAY SHARESS!

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 09:45:34 AM »
Not as far as town, but as areas, I would like a Forlorn border with really nasty hordes of Goblyns. It would give a sense to go there for "war-like" activities.
Seconded.  The Balinok Mountains south of Krofburg could probably be extended all the way down to Mount Sawtooth, which is pretty close to the Barovian-Forfarian border.  If this map is accurate enough, adding either Cuzau or Hoessla would provide a good springboard for those wishing to stage attacks on the Goblyn hordes and help the Barovian soldiers beat them back out of Barovia.

Also, add Lamordia!  Add a few constant lightning bolt effects around Schloss Mordenheim to represent Dr. Mordenheim's experiments running amock.  Throw in a few flesh golems, yellow-skinned "reanimants" (juju zombies created through weird science instead of magic) and other assorted freaks.  Season to taste.  :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:48:11 AM by Wids »

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 04:06:51 PM »
I think Krezk and Immol would be nice additions as they would show the suprising amount of diversity there is in Barovia. The Thaani slums in Immol must be craazzzy.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »
So. With the realms we DO have... Are there people RPing in Dementliu, or should I demand my money back?
Cause the place is like empty. :(

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »
Eh, Quentin Borhs is there. :D

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 02:20:29 AM »
Any additions that are made are absolutely perfect, I am not picky about which. I think Darkon would be great, i run my PnP campaign there. I love the NE part of Darkon, with the Vuchar river being the only reliable transportation, and the mistlands being so close, and the falls at Nevuchar Springs,and Maykle with its asylum is a neat setting too. The Domain is just so Huge. I always thought that if a new domain was added that it should/would come from the cultured elite NW Core.  Mordent, Dementlieu and Lamordia would be the best choices, and they chose Dementlieu. It is going to be great to see a new Ravenloft domain come to life on POTM. Also, Blaustein and G'Henna are island domains and hence I wonder how travel to and from will occur :|  I just am so glad to see that our world is growing :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:35:12 AM by TreMiki99 »
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 12:11:08 PM »
My char would like to find the way out that doesn't involve a box.   :mrgreen:
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 11:21:40 PM »
I am backing Koopa and Lockleed, we need Pyramids. and I miss the damned mummies.

Also a snakepit where Ecco could sacrifice all of Lockleeds chars one after the other

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 04:05:49 AM »
So, with the new lands, can we create full-fledged natives of these new places? Also, would be amusing if outlanders randomly ported into one of the realms instead of Barovia automatically.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman