Author Topic: Lycans-Risk vs Reward.  (Read 1853 times)

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
Lycans-Risk vs Reward.
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »
I took a little trip from the sewers along the edge of the lake upto the Midway Observatory.

All posed a descent challenge, admitably, it could be tougher as the Bandit Leaders seem to have been removed.
For the overall threat of being swarmed by a horde of claws and teeth is met with little reward it seems.
And peculiar enough, the most northern chest in the Goverment District Sewers seems to only spawn gold and scrolls, i have yet to see a witch-wererat, perhaps there's another reason for it..but it seems a bit obscure to me.

Upon leaving the stench of the sewers, we made our way up along the lake. After duking it out with several Greater Wolfwere's, i felt i had accomplished more oocly than icly.

Its sad to see that the most common monsters pose such a threat followed by a minor reward.

failed.bard

Re: Lycans-Risk vs Reward.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »
Bandit leaders still spawn in the government district, unless they were removed in the latest update.  They're not worth hardly and XP either.

tzaeru

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 10:39:23 AM »
I sort of like that they have little reward to offer. Not all things tough are always supposed to bear a good XP reward. They aren't anyway any real scare to anyone anymore and that'd be even further taken away if they were commonly farmed by the hordes of players capable to.

superman300038

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 03:57:16 AM »
    Somewhat related I suppose.. I think it would be neat to see more gear meant for anti - were creature purposes.  Like 'silvered-spike trap' and things along those lines.  That way when a PC wants his char to be a werewolf hunter, he can actually support and RP it by having more gear meant for their destruction.

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 05:36:19 AM »
lets get really freaky....

Give lycans a very rare chance to drop "infected flesh"  that can be distilled by an alchemist into "Essence of Neuri" 

Combined with the proper reagents... it can either make something with the monstrous regen power(short duration)  or even create an alchemical Neuri Varnish which can be used to give a weapon an effective +ab against shapeshifters...

Sage - When stories come to life

boompowclash

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 07:50:12 AM »
LycanTHROPES...!!

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 07:54:44 AM »
And peculiar enough, the most northern chest in the Goverment District Sewers seems to only spawn gold and scrolls, i have yet to see a witch-wererat, perhaps there's another reason for it..but it seems a bit obscure to me.

Most wererats have levels in rogue, so it is believable that they can use the "use magic device" skill to read and manifest a spell from a scroll. At least that is how i justify it in my head.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

failed.bard

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 08:21:02 AM »

Most wererats have levels in rogue, so it is believable that they can use the "use magic device" skill to read and manifest a spell from a scroll. At least that is how i justify it in my head.

Most PC wererats have rogue levels.  I've never seen a sneak attack from a generic wererat, though it would probably be appropriate, and would make mobs of the normal ones at least a tiny bit threatening.