Author Topic: Suggestions for Adding more Domains.  (Read 1799 times)

SilithDark

• New to the Mists
Suggestions for Adding more Domains.
« on: June 02, 2009, 01:53:15 AM »
I'm pretty sure it has been said before, as I am not the only one that could have had this thought. But in order to get more areas, or parts of the world, perhaps you could eventually start a new server with, whichever is closest to Barovia. Anyway, just a thought I had while reading through the F.A.Q's. Hope it helps, if even a little. It could be used to keep a server from becoming too bogged down and laggy.

failed.bard

Re: Suggestions for Adding more Domains.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 05:00:51 AM »
  Port-a-lucine in Dementlieu, Blaustein, Hazlan, Bluetspur, and one other, Carnival?, are already in the server already, and even with an insane number of areas and a pretty healthy playerbase the servers been working reasonably lag free.
  It looks like they've got something set up for Forlorn as well, but that may just be a temporary area for an ongoing quest right now.

So, five, possibly six other domains are already supported, but at the moment only Barovia is accessable outside of DM events.  Port-a-Lucine and Blaustein are supposed to be getting added as full areas in the near future, so you'll get a chance to see more of the great work our Devs have done.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 07:59:05 AM »
Personally i think the server is fine as it is, other domains should be reserved for quests only, even with 50 people on the server, there is rarely more than 10 together at any time. Also traveling between the mists should not be an easy thing like grabbing a taxi, never was in PnP.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 01:24:11 AM »
Quality not quantity.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 04:10:54 AM »
Don't say that.  The new domains rule.

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 10:16:46 AM »
Don't say that.  The new domains rule.
One day, I might actually get to visit one too.   :think:

But if we ever get Lamordia (and all the clocks we could ever want...  :mrgreen: ), what kind of model would be used for the darklord Adam?  I have kind of a soft spot for the old patchwork freak, and representing him with just another flesh golem would not do him justice.   :adam:

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 12:48:05 PM »
Personally i think the server is fine as it is, other domains should be reserved for quests only, even with 50 people on the server, there is rarely more than 10 together at any time. Also traveling between the mists should not be an easy thing like grabbing a taxi, never was in PnP.

In PnP, by default, every player has DM interaction.   I'm personally not a fan of DM access only areas because many players do not see much of the DM interaction others enjoy, with Castle Ravenloft it's fitting.  For every new domain added in to be DM event only, seems a great waste of maps and potential player driven interactions.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...