Author Topic: Windows Vista users: Tips and tricks for getting it to work  (Read 1964 times)

Aldabreck Stone Helm

• Undead Slayer
I am starting this thread for Vista users having trouble logging into POTM or even getting nwn to work. I have successfully gotten nwn to run on two different vista pc's.However it was a long and grueling task and unfortunate Atari has not made a patch for it yet.

The steps I have taken to get it to run are. Install nwn, update nwn, Then go to the bioaware forum and download the critical rebuild file for nwn and run it.
Download all the haks required for nwn and POTM Using the zip files.(check after you run the first CEP hak to see if it created an TLK folder. I ran into this problem once) For some reason I could not get the EXE. files to work. After extracting the HAK files into your HAK folder. manually move the tlk files to the tlk folder.

Set nwn as administrator run in windows xp compatibility mode. Known issues have been missing cep2_top_v22b.hak

The fix is go to your nwn hak folder and rename cep2_top_v22.hak as cep2_top_22b.hak.

Feel free to add to this ans hopefull vista users can quit pulling there hair out.

Emomina

• Dark Power
Re: Windows Vista users: Tips and tricks for getting it to work
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 08:21:07 AM »
Cool man,  I can vouch for these tips. Following these steps I successfully got Vista to boot into PotM. Good Job.  (still going to play in Linux most of the time though  :P)
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

• Dark Power
Re: Windows Vista users: Tips and tricks for getting it to work
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 06:43:31 PM »
Thats good becuase i helped falon with these to make her new laptop work . :D

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”