You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Alchemy table  (Read 2905 times)

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
Alchemy table
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »
Can we have an Alchemechical table put in the Drain? I think the Mad Dok would be in on that field, perhaps? Give us outcasts a chance to create some nasty little toys for the surfacers.

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
Re: Alchemy table
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 11:31:11 AM »
Another reasonable place for one, I'd imagine, would be the abandoned fishery. It fits perfectly there.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
Maybe in that one troll lab.
that is all mangled and messed up?

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 12:38:11 PM »
The mage tower on Baratak would be another good spot for one.  I was there earlier today, and was actually surprised one hadn't been put in.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 12:41:35 PM »
Could have one in the abandoned fishing station, but question is if it would have much use without a store.

As for Mad Dok, I don't feel he's really the scientific guy that I imagine an alchemist would be. Perhaps we should add a new NPC for it at some point.

The mage tower at Mt. Baratak should definitely have one though - adding one there straight away :)

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 01:29:36 PM »
Yeah, the Mage Retreat is definitely perfect for that. My main concern is, access to extreme outcasts and/or villains to alchemy, especially scheming wizard types. A mad scientist type NPC in the Drain would suffice, surely. In response to the lack of store in the Fishery, it's not necessary. Supplies are obtainable, it's the bench that is needed and are hard to access ICly with outcasts. Also, it'd make for great horror scenes down there:

The man with the cold gaze gives you one last freezing glance, before pulling on a pair of thin leather gloves. He walks calmly to the table before you. Strange instruments, glistening, bubbling, boiling, froth at the table. Odours bitter and sweet pour from the glass containers, and alien things float in stasis in slime filled glass containers. The man with the cold gaze picks up a beaker, and looks back at you curiously. With a wicked grin, the man takes a coin from a pocket, and drops it in the beaker. It begins to fizz... Moments later, the coin is gone. He approaches you slowly, the horrible substance clutched casually between his gloved fingers.

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »
 :shock:
Damn
Nuff said

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 07:04:54 PM »
Outcasts should have an easier time in Dementlieu. ;)

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 07:14:08 PM »
Outcasts should have an easier time in Dementlieu. ;)

Will Dementlieu have crafting components available and places to craft them for Alchemy?

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 07:15:51 PM »
Some of the alchemy components will only be available there and we are thinking of implementing some of the most advanced alchemy in Dementlieu only.

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »
Hmm, are they accepting to even undead, over there?

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 12:09:32 AM »
Hmm, are they accepting to even undead, over there?

If they aren't, you really can't have too many creepy abandoned laboratories, can you? 

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Eledaar

• Undead Master
  • Who?
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 02:59:40 AM »
Can we have an Alchemechical table put in the Drain? I think the Mad Dok would be in on that field, perhaps? Give us outcasts a chance to create some nasty little toys for the surfacers.

Another player and I had an idea concerning acquiring one for the Drain, but I was unable to get DM support for it :(
-Ashan Nottiams, Mad Bastard
-Cosmin Slabu, Garda
-Grom, Rat-Eating Scumbag

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 03:51:44 AM »

Another player and I had an idea concerning acquiring one for the Drain, but I was unable to get DM support for it :(

kind of a skewered rat on the topic.... but with all the urine in the sewers... if they don't have a curing basin... just make a pool of rancid sewage for the leatherworkers among the unwanted.

Sage - When stories come to life

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »
Eh... issue still stands. Outcast villain types, have no access to Alchemy. Current stations are unusable, without ignoring NPCs.

The abandoned lab by the lake would make a perfect one. That'd solve all our evil black alchemy problems. >:D

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 04:28:12 PM »
Like Soren said, who would stay out there just to sell the regents ? Maybe some kind of mad hermit.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
Maybe we are overlooking an obvious source for "store bought" materials...

loot tables, we can find empty bottles, why couldn't there be empty potion bottles, or alchemical bottles or some such.... then the underground would have a limited free source, but an unrleliable one....

or an enterprising caliban might have a shop in the drain for people to stock up supplies and take with.

Sage - When stories come to life

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 05:12:19 PM »
Reagents, and crafting gear, can be obtained if you're resourceful. IT's just one well paid favour away. I'll repeat my point: getting the necessary supplies to perform alchemy is simple. The only missing part for extreme outcasts, is that we cannot access the craft station. We can buy through people, bottles and resin.