Author Topic: Suggestion: Alternate shops for crafting patterns  (Read 987 times)

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
Suggestion: Alternate shops for crafting patterns
« on: May 15, 2009, 04:04:43 AM »
Today Aleksei was bugged and had no tannin available, so I had to run all the way to Barovia and back just to prepare a couple of armors.  It was needlessly frustrating and time-consuming.

I know this is an avoidable situation that can't be fixed short of a reset, but I thought of a workaround for when it does happen:  have the basic materials purchasable at the general stores in the towns.  Sure, tannin and potion bottles are specialty products, but there's no reason why Murnu and Bildrath couldn't have a couple random bottles gathering dust on one of their shelves.  Maybe even a few low-cost templates too, like leather armors, daggers, shortswords, and so on.  That way crafters wouldn't be completely shut down in one of the cities until the next server reset.

(I've only ever seen bottles and tannin sold out in this way, but I guess it could conceivably happen with anything. Asking to have them stock an entire range of all the crafting patterns would be a little crazy, though ;) )

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
Re: Suggestion: Alternate shops for crafting patterns
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:59:09 AM »
This has happened a large number of times in the past, it could just be a reminder needs to be given on why it happens, and how to avoid it.

When someone purchases an item from the template shop and does not have room in their inventory for said item, the item gets lost in limbo and no longer appears in the shop.  We as players can prevent this by keeping a close eye on our inventory space when making our purchase.  It might require you to make 2-3 trips from the crafting stations to the merchant, but in the long run it helps everyone out.

Sage - When stories come to life

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
Re: Suggestion: Alternate shops for crafting patterns
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 11:44:50 AM »
Well the reminder is all well and good, but it doesn't help anybody once the mistake has been made.  Adding a couple shop items would be a decent secondary solution for people who get caught up after it happens.

(Also, instead of Murnu, I should've said the general store owner in the marketplace whose name escapes me at the moment... It'll give people a reason to go there other than paper, quills, and funny-looking arrows, too!)