Author Topic: I just spent...  (Read 1685 times)

Aeshen

• New to the Mists
I just spent...
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:55:54 AM »
I just spent about three hours arguing with a bunch of Ravenloft-setting-haters as to why this particular Ravenloft server is better than the others.

I debated that cybering is excludedcompletely (I would like to hope so) and that while magic is still feared, it's more freer then it has been.

I feel expended, and drained.

Thoughts? Discuss?

Please be gentle, I have had a rough day on Forums.

(Also, many seem to think that Ravenloft is simply too emo) :/

Dreaderick

• Dark Lord
Re: I just spent...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 03:45:01 AM »
Heh that's tough, getting sucked into discussions like that. It's the kind of debate where neither party will convince the other. Uusally, the best strategy is to describe why you enjoy PotM, and let people reading that forum decide for themselves. In the end it is a matter of personal taste, and NWN players who are drawn to horror and dark fantasy will also be drawn to this server. People with other tastes are probably better off at other servers. Still, thumbs up for the promotional work  :thumbup:

I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy. - Oscar Wilde

Aeshen

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 03:54:54 AM »
Well not to toot my own horn, but it was a bit of a deadlock scenario. They all eventually agreed that a server without lesbians and Cybering was generally going to be okay to them.

Most of them probably haven't had a chance to experience the allure of dark gothic horror fantasy setting.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:02:36 AM »
They all eventually agreed that a server without lesbians and Cybering was generally going to be okay to them.

:lol:

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 04:02:54 AM »
It can be hard to get into. Yes, there are emo people and drama queens but just as many characters with legitimate suffering, who also in turn mock those drama queens.

There are lesbians though.

And I mock them as well.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 04:35:45 AM »
if I read the history correctly, our server had it's very own lesbian chain mail bikini winter too!

I suppose we got over it though (I wasn't around for it... shame).
Has been described as a sometimey player

Aeshen

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 04:40:29 AM »
I really get put off this place too sometimes. It's very difficult to begin, and takes many hours of grief inducing encounters to build up to anything, only to have something take it all away from you.

The Lesbians really put me off too, it just comes across as an excuse for those players to entertain there sexualised fantasies... There are social servers for those things. And there's no real justification for it.

Meh. Anyway. *sigh* Back to work.

Dreaderick

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 05:33:48 AM »
Like all good things, success does'nt come easy. PotM has a bit of a steep learning curve, which makes it very rewarding if you're able to keep your character alive throughout dangerous adventures. So team up with others in similar situations, make friends (and enemies!) and hae a good time.

If you're bothered by lesbians or people playing mostly to indulge their sexual fantasies, make some kind of puritan witchhunter, hunt them down and burn those deviants at the stake!

I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy. - Oscar Wilde

Kadtreko

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 09:00:12 AM »
Good god why are lesbians the -thing- to play on NWN? Most of them are guys!

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »
Not too sure this is heading towards a positive debate, I will lock and leave it to the moderator to re-open the discussion.